The best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell insurance in California. You can shop around by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that drive up the price like multiple speeding tickets and a not-so-good credit history can be rectified by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple companies. Click to view companies
- Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for the new coverage. Make sure you store the certificate verifying coverage in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
A key point to remember is to make sure you’re comparing similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to analyze as many companies as you can. This enables a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
It’s an obvious statement that auto insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who get comparison quotes at least once a year are likely to switch to a new company because there is a good probability of finding more affordable rates. A recent study showed that consumers who routinely compared rates saved about $70 a month as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the best rates on Mazda 6 insurance is why you’re here, then having some knowledge of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance can make it easier for you to save money.
Companies offering low-cost Mazda 6 rate quotes in Sacramento, CA
The companies in the list below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If you want to find cheap car insurance in CA, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Rate information and statistics
The coverage information displayed next covers a range of insurance policy prices for Mazda 6 models. Being aware of how insurance prices are figured can be useful when making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|6 I Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,532||$128|
|6 I SV 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,532||$128|
|6 I Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$272||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,532||$128|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,566||$131|
|6 I Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,566||$131|
|6 I Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|6 S Touring Plus 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|6 S Touring Plus 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|6 S Grand Touring 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|6 S Grand Touring 6 Cyl 4-Dr Sedan||$306||$628||$534||$32||$160||$1,660||$138|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific location information which can impact rates considerably.
Gender-based auto insurance premiums
The diagram below shows the comparison of Mazda 6 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on no violations or accidents, full coverage, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied.
Lower Your Sacramento Insurance Prices
Many factors are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some of the criteria are obvious such as your driving history, although some other factors are more transparent such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The factors shown below are a few of the “ingredients” utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Performance influences insurance rates – The type of car or truck you are insuring makes a significant difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates are usually found on economy passenger vehicles, but other factors influence the final cost greatly.
The following chart uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $100 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The chart compares Mazda 6 car insurance rates compared to other models of vehicles that have different performance rating factors.
Higher auto insurance rates for coverage lapses – Allowing your auto insurance policy to lapse can be a quick way to increase your rates. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance can result in a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license. You could then be forced to file a SR-22 with the California department of motor vehicles.
Stay claim-free and save money – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you should expect higher rates. Car insurance companies in California provide cheaper rates to policyholders who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for more catastrophic claims.
Pay more of a claim out-of-pocket – Protection for physical damage, aka comp and collision, covers your vehicle from damage. Some instances where coverage would apply are a windshield shattered by a rock, hail damage, and damage from a fallen tree branch. Physical damage deductibles tell how much you are required to spend out-of-pocket before your auto insurance pays a claim. The more damage repair cost you have to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Mazda 6 claim probability – Companies use claims history to help calculate a profitable premium price. Models that the data shows to have increased losses will have a higher cost to insure. The next table illustrates the actual insurance loss data for Mazda 6 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is equal to 100. Values that are 100 or less are indicative of better than average losses, while values that are above 100 point to more losses or statistically larger claims.
|Specific Mazda Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t overlook these Mazda 6 insurance discounts
Companies don’t always advertise the entire discount list very well, so the list below gives a summary of both the well known and also the lesser-known ways to save on auto insurance.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a civic or occupational organization in Sacramento is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Keeping the miles down on your Mazda can earn slightly better rates than normal.
- Life Insurance – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you lower rates if you buy life insurance.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems can reduce accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Distant Student – Kids who live away from home at college and leave their car at home can receive lower rates.
You should keep in mind that many deductions do not apply to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So when the math indicates you would end up receiving a 100% discount, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The illustration below shows the difference between Mazda 6 insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the rates. The costs are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, and marriage discounts applied.
A few popular companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include early shopping, switch companies, alternative fuel, mature driver, and homeowner.
- Esurance has discounts for safety device, emergency road assistance, good student, paid-in-full, renters, and Switch & Save.
- State Farm may include discounts for Drive Safe & Save, good driver, good student, driver’s education, safe vehicle, multiple autos, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, anti-lock brakes, military active duty, five-year accident-free, air bags, and multi-vehicle.
- Allstate offers premium reductions for good student, resident student, utility vehicle, multi-policy, and premier plus.
If you want low cost Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask all companies you are considering what discounts are available to you. All car insurance discounts may not apply in every state.
Compare rates but still have a local neighborhood Sacramento car insurance agent
Some people would rather talk to an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind A nice benefit of price shopping on the web is that you can find lower prices but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from and supporting local insurance agents is definitely important in Sacramento.
Upon completion of this quick form, your coverage information is submitted to local insurance agents in Sacramento who will return price quotes to get your business. You don’t have to find an agent on your own because quoted prices will be sent immediately to you. You’ll get the best rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a rate quote from one company in particular, you would need to search and find their rate quote page to submit a rate quote request.
If you want to use a reliable agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they operate. Car insurance agents in Sacramento may be either exclusive or independent.
These agents are not limited to a single company so they have the ability to put coverage through many companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing car insurance prices, you should always get quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the best price comparison. Most can insure with lesser-known insurance companies that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Shown below is a partial list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento that can possibly get you price quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
- Cliff Cottam Insurance Services
1111 Howe Ave #535 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (800) 807-6871 – View Map
- Big Savings Insurance Agency, Incorporated
1451 River Park Dr Suite 260 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (888) 719-6743 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agents can only provide pricing for a single company like State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are usually well trained on the products they sell and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Many people buy from the same agent for years primarily because of the brand name and solid financial strength.
Below are exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you comparison quotes.
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map
- Darryl Fong – State Farm Insurance Agent
8489 Folsom Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 388-1900 – View Map
- Sig Lindley – State Farm Insurance Agent
8110 Pocket Rd #201 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-7370 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just the quoted price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Where would glass claims be handled in Sacramento?
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
California auto insurance companies ranked
Choosing a high-quality car insurance company is difficult considering how many companies sell insurance in Sacramento. The ranking information below may help you decide which companies you want to consider purchasing coverage from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
You may need specialized auto insurance coverage
When buying a policy, there really is not a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For instance, these questions may help highlight whether your personal situation might need professional guidance.
- Do I need PIP (personal injury protection) coverage in California?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- Should I have combined single limit or split liability limits?
- Is upholstery damage covered by car insurance?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- Is my custom stereo system covered?
- If my Mazda 6 is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- What is UM/UIM insurance?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but you know they apply to you, you may need to chat with an agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form.
Don’t give up on cheap rates
When shopping online for car insurance, do not skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced uninsured motorist or liability limits and learned later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at a price you can afford.
The cheapest Mazda 6 insurance in Sacramento can be purchased on the web as well as from insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online rate quotes and most of the time these small, regional companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim, high rates after DUI convictions or even questionable increases in premium. No matter why you want to switch, switching car insurance companies can be easy and end up saving you some money.
For more information, feel free to browse these articles:
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance: When not to Skimp (BankRate.com)
- Learn About Car Insurance (GEICO)