We don’t have to point out that fact that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. People who compare price quotes will presumably move their business because they have a good chance of finding a more affordable policy. A recent survey found that consumers who compared rate quotes regularly saved an average of $850 each year compared to other drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is why you’re reading this, then having some insight into the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can make it easier for you to save money.
The best way to find more affordable car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from different companies who sell insurance in Sacramento. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
First, try to learn a little about coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many risk factors that result in higher rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
Fourth, provide notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit the application along with any required down payment to your new company or agent. Don’t forget to put the proof of insurance paperwork above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
A good tip to remember is to use identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get quotes from as many companies as possible. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Lower rate quotes with discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but you may be missing some discounts to reduce the price significantly. Most are applied when you complete an application, but some need to be requested specifically before they will apply. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are just wasting money.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems are less likely to be stolen and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Onboard Data Collection – Policyholders that allow driving data collection to scrutinize when and where they use their vehicle through the use of a telematics system such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive could see a rate decrease if they are good drivers.
- Driver’s Ed – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers enroll and complete driver’s education if it’s offered in school.
- Smart Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students until age 25.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can avoid accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like adding up those discounts means a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. Any qualifying discounts should help lower your policy premiums.
Companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- American Family may include discounts for bundled insurance, good driver, Steer into Savings, TimeAway discount, mySafetyValet, early bird, and multi-vehicle.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for defensive driving, business or organization, easy pay, family plan, multi-policy, and anti-theft.
- MetLife may have discounts that include good student, accident-free, claim-free, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- 21st Century offers discounts including homeowners, early bird, teen driver, defensive driver, student driver, and air bags.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for pay in full, homeowner, electronic funds transfer, good student, and mature driver.
- Allstate policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, EZ pay plan discount, new car, 55 and retired, teenSMART discount, and senior citizen.
If you need low cost Sacramento car insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. For a list of auto insurance companies who offer free Audi S8 insurance quotes in Sacramento, click this link.
Cutting your Sacramento insurance rates is actually easier than you may think. You just have to invest a little time getting comparison quotes to see which company has cheaper Sacramento car insurance quotes.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in California. If you want to find cheap auto insurance in CA, it’s a good idea that you get rate quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance agent or online?
A lot of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is OK! Agents can help determine the best coverages and help in the event of a claim. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
Upon completion of this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and fill out their quote form.
Selecting an company needs to be determined by more than just the price. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they giving you every discount you deserve?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Sacramento?
- Does the quote include credit and driving reports?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you want a reliable insurance agency, it helps to know the two types of agencies and how they function. Insurance agencies in Sacramento can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it can affect buying decisions.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only write with one company and examples are Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so they really need to provide good service. These agents are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates. Consumers sometimes choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to the brand name and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive agencies willing to provide comparison quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
- Bill Batchelder – State Farm Insurance Agent
8887 Folsom Blvd #3a – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 361-3114 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Brewer Insurance Agency
6700 Freeport Blvd #101 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 424-4357 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company so they can quote policies with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. If your agent finds better pricing, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent.
When comparing rate quotes, you definitely need to contact a few independent agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. They often place coverage with companies you’ve never heard of who may have lower rates.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that can give you price quote information.
- McClatchy Insurance Agency
2410 Fair Oaks Blvd #140 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 488-4702 – View Map
- Thrive Insurance Agency
1353 Fulton Ave – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 339-6490 – View Map
- The United Brokers Insurance Agency Inc
7750 College Town Dr #101 – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (877) 223-4437 – View Map
California auto insurance companies
Insuring your vehicle with a high-quality car insurance provider can be difficult considering how many choices there are in Sacramento. The company information in the lists below may help you analyze which providers to look at purchasing from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Low-cost Audi S8 insurance in Sacramento is possible from both online companies in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, and you should compare rates from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not have online price quotes and these regional carriers only sell through independent insurance agents.
You just learned many tips how you can compare Audi S8 insurance car insurance rates in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more providers you compare, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the best price on insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies.
When buying insurance coverage, never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are a lot of situations where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage and learned later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Liability Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for a Jeep Grand Cherokee? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)