Inconceivable but true, most insurance buyers have purchased from the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. Sacramento drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but they don’t invest the time required to compare other rate quotes.
The best way we recommend to save money on auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare quotes once a year from different companies in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
First, try to understand the coverage provided by your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many policy risk factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and an unfavorable credit rating can be amended by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. This article provides more details to help prevent costly coverage and get additional discounts that may be available.
Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct and exclusive agents can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple sources.
Third, compare the new rates to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper TTS coverage is available. If you find better rates and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit the required down payment along with the signed application to your new insurance company. Make sure you keep the new certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
An important part of this process is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get price quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough price selection.
If you have coverage now, you will surely be able to reduce the price you pay using these tips. Our goal in writing this article instruct you on how car insurance quotes work and how to save the most money. But California car owners must understand the way companies price online insurance and apply this information to your search.
Affordable auto insurance in Sacramento, CA
The companies shown below offer free rate quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you get prices from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there could be significant discounts that many people don’t even know exist. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you get a quote, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them.
- Senior Citizens – Mature drivers can possibly qualify for a slight reduction on a Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Save with More Vehicles Insured – Having multiple vehicles on a single policy can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can stop better under adverse conditions and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Clubs and Organizations – Participating in a qualifying organization could qualify you for a break when shopping for insurance.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could qualify you for better premium rates.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you aren’t that lucky.
Insurance companies that may offer these discounts are:
When comparing rates, check with every company how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in your state. For a list of insurance companies that can offer you the previously mentioned discounts in Sacramento, click here.
Why You Might Pay Lower Rates in Sacramento
Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some of the criteria are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more obscure such as your credit history and annual miles driven.
- High performance vehicles cost more to insure – The make and model of the car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a substantial difference in how high your rates are. The lowest base rates are usually found on lower performance four cylinder passenger cars, but your final cost has many other factors.
- Raising physical damage deductibles lowers prices – The deductibles are how much the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage insurance, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, insures against damage to your car. Some coverage claims are colliding with a stationary object, vandalism, and damage caused by road hazards. The larger the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
- The more you drive the more you pay – The higher the mileage driven every year the more it will cost to insure it. Almost all companies apply a rate based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that have low annual miles can get a lower rate as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. An incorrectly rated TTS is throwing money out the window. Double check that your auto insurance coverage correctly shows the right rating data.
- More people means more accidents – Residing in small towns and rural areas is a positive aspect when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means reduced accidents in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large California cities tend to have more auto accidents and more severe claims. More time on the road means more chances of being involved in an auto accident.
- Never go without auto insurance – Driving any period of time without insurance can get you a ticket and your next policy will cost more because you let your coverage have a gap. In addition to paying higher rates, failure to provide proof of insurance will get you a license revocation or jail time. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California DMV.
- Marriage reduces risk – Having a significant other can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a spouse usually means you are more mature and responsible and insurance companies reward insureds because being married results in fewer claims.
Audi TTS insurance loss data – Car insurance companies analyze past claim statistics to help calculate premium costs. Models that statistically have a trend towards higher claims will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The table below illustrates the loss history for Audi TTS vehicles. For each coverage category, the claim probability for all vehicles, as a total average, equals 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while percentage values above 100 point to more losses or an increased probability of a larger loss.
Audi TTS Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Audi TTS 2dr 4WD 141BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Don’t assume everyone needs the same auto insurance coverage
Always remember that when buying coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
Here are some questions about coverages that may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need replacement cost coverage?
- Where can I find DUI or SR-22 insurance?
- Which companies will insure me after a DUI?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Am I covered if I hit a deer?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, you might consider talking to an insurance agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Car insurance quotes from neighborhood Sacramento auto insurance agents
A small number of people would rather buy from a local agent and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and also buy local.
By using this short form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents that provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your car insurance coverage. You never need to contact any agents since price quotes are sent immediately to you. Get lower rates AND an agent nearby. If you wish to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
Choosing the best company should depend on more than just a cheap price quote. The following questions are important to ask.
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- How are they compensated?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- In the event of vehicle damage, can you pick the collision repair facility?
- What is the financial rating for the quoted company?
Exclusive or Independent: There is a difference
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different types of agents to choose from. Sacramento agents can be described as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only quote rates from one company like State Farm or Allstate. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so it’s a take it or leave it situation. Exclusive agents are well schooled on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers often use the same agent primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Chandler
900 Jefferson Blvd #110 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 374-1600 – View Map
- Rich Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1001 26th St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 447-8560 – View Map
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Agents in the independent channel are not limited to a single company so they can insure your vehicles through many different car insurance companies and find the cheapest car insurance rates. If they quote lower rates, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. When searching for an agent, you will want to compare prices from a couple of independent agencies to get the most accurate price comparison. They also have the ability to place coverage with smaller regional carriers that may provide cheaper car insurance rates.
Below are independent agencies in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
- Eugene C Yates Insurance
Sacramento, CA 95814 – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 442-8841 – View Map
- Valley Surety Insurance
947 Enterprise Dr # A – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 567-6676 – View Map
You can find cheaper coverage
When searching for cheaper Sacramento car insurance quotes, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where an insured cut collision coverage only to find out they didn’t have enough coverage. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
You just read a lot of information how to reduce Audi TTS insurance car insurance rates online in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more companies you get premium rates for, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. You may even discover the lowest car insurance rates are with a small mutual company. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, feel free to visit the articles below:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 19 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)