If you want to save money, the best way to find discount car insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in Sacramento. Rate comparisons can be done by following these guidelines.
- Gain an understanding of auto insurance and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many things that result in higher rates like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit score can be amended by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for information to help keep rates affordable and earn a bigger discount.
- Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can quote rates for many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Enclave insurance. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your current policy. Submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to know about shopping around is that you’ll want to make sure you compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
It’s well known that insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who get price quotes annually are likely to switch to a new company because there is a great chance of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that drivers who routinely compared quotes saved an average of $860 a year compared to policyholders who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance in Sacramento is the reason you’re here, then understanding the best way to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have insurance now, you will be able to get lower rates using the ideas covered in this article. Locating the most cost-effective car insurance policy in Sacramento is not rocket science. Nevertheless, California consumers benefit from understanding how the larger insurance companies set your policy premium because it varies considerably.
Best Buick Enclave insurance prices in California
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. To get cheaper car insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Buick Enclave insurance rate analysis
The coverage information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of prices for Buick Enclave models. Being aware of how insurance quotes are determined can aid in making informed decisions when shopping around for a new policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Enclave CX 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Enclave CX AWD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Enclave XL 2WD||$234||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,450||$121|
|Enclave XL AWD||$260||$490||$534||$32||$160||$1,476||$123|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, claim-free, and safe-driver. Prices do not factor in Sacramento location which can affect insurance rates considerably.
Premiums by gender and age
The chart below compares Buick Enclave yearly insurance costs for male and female drivers. Data assumes no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $250 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Informed Consumers Can Lower Their Insurance Rates
Lots of factors are part of the equation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are less apparent like your vehicle usage or your financial responsibility.
- If you don’t need it don’t buy it – There are many additional coverages that can add up if you don’t pay attention. Coverage for things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may seem good when buying your policy, but if you don’t need them think about removing them and cutting costs.
- Reduce prices by driving safer cars – Safer cars get lower rates. Highly rated vehicles result in less severe injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims and thus lower rates. If your Buick Enclave scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website you may qualify for a discount.
- Maintain car insurance coverage – Driving your car without having proper coverage can get you a ticket and companies may charge more for letting your insurance lapse for non-payment. And not only will your rates increase, getting caught without coverage may result in fines and jail time. You may have to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California DMV.
- Do you have enough liability insurance? – Liability coverage kicks in when you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is pretty cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so buy as much as you can afford.
Loss probability for a Buick Enclave – Insurance companies analyze historical claim data when they set coverage costs for each model. Models that tend to have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The information below illustrates the loss history for Buick Enclave vehicles.
For each type of coverage, the claim amount for all vehicles, as a total average, is a value of 100. Numbers that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers that are greater than 100 show a trend for more claims or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Car Insurance Loss Data for Buick Enclave Models Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Buick Enclave 4dr 2WD 85 101 83 67 63 81 Buick Enclave 4dr 4WD 93 110 92 64 62 84BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get cheaper Buick Enclave insurance rates in Sacramento
Auto insurance companies don’t necessarily list their entire list of discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following list contains a few of the more common in addition to some of the lesser obvious credits that may apply to you.
- Anti-lock Brakes – Cars that have steering control and anti-lock brakes can reduce accidents and will save you 10% or more on Enclave insurance in Sacramento.
- Buy New and Save – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can save up to 30% because newer models keep occupants safer.
- Discount for Good Grades – Excelling in school may save as much as 25% on a Sacramento auto insurance quote. You can use this discount normally up until you turn 25.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with certain professional organizations is a simple method to lower premiums on car insurance.
- Drivers Ed for Students – It’s a good idea to have your young drivers complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
We need to note that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like collision or personal injury protection. So when the math indicates it’s possible to get free car insurance, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The chart below compares Buick Enclave annual premium costs with and without discounts applied to the rates. Data assumes a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that may offer these money-saving discounts possibly include:
It’s a good idea to ask each company how many discounts you can get. All car insurance discounts might not apply in your state. To see a list of providers who offer cheap Buick Enclave insurance quotes in California, click here.
Compare rates but buy from a local Sacramento insurance agency
Some consumers still prefer to sit down and talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision A good thing about comparing rates online is the fact that drivers can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent. Supporting neighborhood agents is important particularly in Sacramento.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, your information is emailed to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to even leave your home because prices are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, you would need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Below are agents in Sacramento that may be able to provide comparison quotes for Buick Enclave insurance in Sacramento.
Nationwide Insurance: Rielli Insurance and Financial Services LLC
7 Parkcenter Dr #125 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 234-1490 – View Map
Deciding on a company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?
- Will the agent help in case of a claim?
- Is assistance available after office hours?
- What companies can they write with?
Upon getting good feedback for all questions you ask and a low price estimate, it’s a good possibility that you have found a company that is a good match to provide auto insurance coverage.
Insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to proper insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions might point out if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Does having multiple vehicles earn me a discount?
- Why do I only qualify for high-risk insurance?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- Does my policy cover me when driving someone else’s vehicle?
- Do I have any recourse if my insurance company denies a claim?
- How many claims can I have before being canceled?
- What vehicles should carry emergency assistance coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply then you might want to talk to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area.
Affordable car insurance is out there
Discount Buick Enclave insurance in Sacramento can be bought online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best chance of lowering rates. There are still a few companies who may not provide rate quotes online and most of the time these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agencies.
As you restructure your insurance plan, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The goal is to find the BEST coverage at the best price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Additional learning opportunities
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)