Do you need a fast way to compare more competitive Chevy Bolt insurance in Sacramento? Are you overwhelmed by the dozens of insurance companies in your area? Many other drivers are as well. Vehicle owners have so many companies available that it can quickly become a ton of work to find the perfect company for you. Everyone knows Sacramento has lots to offer, but having to pay for pricey insurance makes it very hard to buy proper levels of coverage.
It’s safe to conclude that auto insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who compare rates annually will most likely buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding a lower-priced company. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that people who regularly shopped around saved as much as $850 each year compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Chevy Bolt insurance is your ultimate objective, knowing the best way to quote and compare coverages can save time and make the process easier.
It’s a good habit to get comparison quotes before your policy renews since prices are variable and change quite frequently. Despite the fact that you may have had the lowest rates on Chevy Bolt insurance in Sacramento six months ago you can probably find a lower rate today. Forget all the misinformation about insurance because you’re about to find out the right way to eliminate unnecessary coverages and save money on Chevy Bolt insurance in Sacramento.
If you’re already insured, you will definitely be able to find better prices using the ideas you’re about to read. Finding the lowest-priced coverage in Sacramento is easy if you know what you’re doing. Although California drivers benefit from understanding how companies determine how much to charge and apply this information to your search.
All major insurance companies allow consumers to get insurance quotes direct online. Comparing Chevy Bolt insurance rates online can be done by anyone as you simply enter your required coverages into the quote form. After you submit the form the quote system orders information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on these factors.
Getting online rate quotes for Chevy Bolt insurance in Sacramento simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to have as many quotes as possible if you want to find affordable insurance pricing.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, compare rates from the companies below. To compare your current rates, we recommend you replicate the limits and deductibles just like they are on your policy. This way, you are getting a rate comparison using the same coverage and limits.
The providers in the list below offer comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. To get the cheapest car insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you get rates from several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the high insurance cost for a Chevy Bolt in Sacramento, buying car insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
- Almost all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Chevy, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy for a much higher rate and make you pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects your car and your assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, also pays for attorney fees and expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, your policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so you should quote and compare rates every year to make sure the price is not too high.
What Impacts Chevy Bolt Insurance Rates?
Lots of things are taken into consideration when premium rates are determined. Most are fairly basic like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your vehicle rating. Part of the auto insurance buying process is learning some of the factors that play a part in calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. When you know what positively or negatively determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that could help you find lower premium levels.
Your address can influence price – Living in small towns and rural areas can save you money when buying auto insurance. Fewer drivers translates into fewer accident claims and lower theft and vandalism rates. People who live in big cities have more auto accidents and more time behind the wheel. Longer commute distances can result in more accidents.
Rate your vehicle for proper use – The higher the miles on your Chevy in a year’s time the more you’ll pay to insure it. A lot of insurance companies calculate prices based upon how much you drive. Cars that sit idle most of the time can be on a lower rate level than vehicles that have high annual mileage. An improperly rated Bolt can result in significantly higher rates. Verify your auto insurance policy states the correct usage for each vehicle.
An active insurance claims history can increase rates – If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Car insurance companies in California award cheaper rates to policyholders who only file infrequent claims. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
Premiums for guys may be higher – Over time, data shows that females take fewer risks when driving. However, don’t assume that males are worse at driving than females. Males and females are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but the men tend to have more serious accidents. In addition to higher claims, males also get ticketed for serious violations like driving under the influence (DUI). Male teenagers are several times more likely to be in an accident so it costs more to insure them.
Certain jobs pay higher rates – Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Occupational choices like judges, air traffic controllers, and financial analysts generally have the highest rates attributed to job stress and long work days. On the flip side, professions such as professors, students and homemakers receive lower rates.
Prevent your car from being stolen – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Anti-theft devices like tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar all help prevent car theft.
Liability coverage – Liability insurance is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are found liable for damages from an accident. Your liability coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
Bundle policies and save – Most larger insurers will give discounts to clients who have multiple policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, drivers will still want to shop around to ensure the best deal.
Earn discounts on Sacramento auto insurance
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but there are discounts available that can help lower your rates. Certain reductions will be credited at the time you complete a quote, but some discounts are required to be asked for before you will receive the discount.
- Sacramento Homeowners Pay Less – Owning your own home or condo may trigger a policy discount on auto insurance because owning a home shows financial diligence.
- Memberships – Participating in a professional or civic organization is a simple method to lower premiums on your policy.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who always wear seat belts and also require passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 15% off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not a discount per se, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual may permit one accident before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their insurance company to scrutinize where and when they drive through the use of a telematics system such as Progressive’s Snapshot might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy with one company you could get a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
A little note about advertised discounts, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. So even though they make it sound like adding up those discounts means a free policy, it’s just not the way it works. Any qualifying discounts will definitely lower your overall premium however.
A few companies who might offer most of the discounts above are:
Before buying, ask all the companies which credits you are entitled to. Savings may not apply to policies in Sacramento. If you would like to view insurers who offer free Chevy Bolt insurance quotes in Sacramento, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Sacramento insurance agents?
A lot of people would prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is that you can obtain lower rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from local insurance agents is still important in Sacramento.
After filling out this short form, your insurance coverage information is emailed to local insurance agents who can give free rate quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact any agents because prices are sent directly to your email. You can find better rates without having to waste a lot of time. If you wish to quote rates from a particular provider, don’t hesitate to find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
Different types of car insurance agents in Sacramento
If you want to use local Sacramento agents, you should know the different types of agents from which to choose. Agents in Sacramento are either exclusive or independent.
Independent agencies do not work for one specific company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with any number of different companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. To move your coverage to a new company, your policy is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent. When shopping rates, you absolutely need to compare quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to maximize your price options. Most also have access to small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that may be able to give price quote information.
- McGee and Thielen Insurance Brokers
3840 Rosin Ct #245 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (800) 901-9636 – View Map
- Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency
2021 P St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 313-6100 – View Map
- Bates Insurance Agency | Auto Insurance and Homeowners Insurance and Car Insurance
2306 J St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 251-3548 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot place coverage with different providers so they have to upsell other benefits. These agents are usually quite knowledgeable in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Some insured continue to use the same exclusive agent primarily because of high brand loyalty and the convenience of having a single billing for all their coverages.
Listed below are exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento willing to provide price quote information.
- Monique Ambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
4331 Truxel Rd Ste G3 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 928-4747 – View Map
- Timothy Aust – State Farm Insurance Agent
2710 Arden Way – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 482-5328 – View Map
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent should depend on more than just a low price. Before buying a policy in Sacramento, get answers to these questions.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- Will one accident increase rates?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
Sacramento car insurance companies
Ending up with a high-quality car insurance provider is hard considering how many companies provide coverage in Sacramento. The ranking information below can help you pick which car insurance companies you want to consider when shopping around.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Some insurance companies do not offer price quotes online and these small insurance companies work with local independent agencies. More affordable insurance in Sacramento is possible from both online companies in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, so you need to compare both to have the best rate selection.
When shopping online for insurance, never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In many cases, someone dropped liability coverage limits only to discover later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage at a price you can afford but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Chevy Bolt insurance in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your prices. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with the smaller companies.
Steps to saving on Chevy Bolt insurance in Sacramento
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find the cheapest price for Chevy Bolt insurance in Sacramento is to regularly compare prices from insurance carriers in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how car insurance works and the measures you can control to lower rates. Many factors that result in higher rates like high-risk driving behaviors and poor credit can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Bolt coverage is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on every quote and and to get prices from as many companies as feasibly possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
More information is located on the following sites:
- Red Light Cameras (State Farm)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a Toyota RAV4 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for Veterans? (FAQ)
- Preventing Carjacking and Theft (Insurance Information Institute)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Uninsured Motorist Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Theft Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)