Really, the only way to get affordable Ford Transit Connect insurance in Sacramento is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from companies in California. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Read and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the steps you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that increase rates such as traffic violations and a negative credit score can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Get rate quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies. Select a company
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
The most important part of shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
Amazingly, the vast majority of consumers in California have remained with the same car insurance company for at least four years, and just under half have never quoted rates to find cheap coverage. Drivers in the U.S. can save hundreds of dollars each year just by comparing rates, but most just don’t grasp how much money they would save if they replace their high priced policy.
Locating the best rates in Sacramento is really quite simple as long as you have a good starting point. In a nutshell, each driver who comparison shops for insurance will most likely be able to reduce their rates. But California drivers must learn the way insurance companies determine premium rates and use it to your advantage.
You may qualify for discounts for Ford Transit Connect insurance in Sacramento
Companies that sell car insurance don’t necessarily list the complete list of policy discounts in an easy-to-find place, so we break down a few of the more well known as well as the least known discounts that you can inquire about if you buy Sacramento car insurance online. If you do not check that you are getting every discount you qualify for, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance companies reward you with better prices if you take out a life policy as well.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers that enable their auto insurance company to scrutinize their driving habits by using a telematics device such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Vehicles that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and will save you 10% or more on Transit Connect insurance in Sacramento.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking part in a defensive driver course is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the whole policy. Some only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
The information below illustrates the difference between Ford Transit Connect insurance prices with and without discounts. The data is based on a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with safe-driver, claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, marriage, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide are included below.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including bundle discounts, distant student, youthful driver, homeowner, business and professional, and good student.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-theft, multi-car, DriveSense, claim free, anti-lock brakes, and Pac-12 alumni.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, multiple autos, anti-theft, student away at school, passive restraint, and multiple policy.
- GEICO discounts include seat belt use, daytime running lights, good student, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, air bags, and membership and employees.
- Allstate has savings for passive restraint, early signing, utility vehicle, good student, senior citizen, and FullPay discount.
Check with every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state.
Just keep in mind that getting more free quotes increases the chance that you will find more affordable rates.
The companies shown below offer free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it’s highly recommended you visit several of them to get the best price comparison.
Rates and other information
The premium table below outlines a range of policy rates for Ford Transit Connect models. Learning how auto insurance policy rates are figured can be useful when making informed coverage decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Transit Connect XL 2WD||$258||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,418||$118|
|Transit Connect XLT 2WD||$258||$584||$424||$26||$126||$1,418||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, and multi-vehicle. Premium costs do not factor in garaging location in Sacramento which can increase or decrease coverage rates substantially.
The diagram below highlights how deductible selection and can increase or decrease Ford Transit Connect insurance costs for each different age category. The premiums are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Transit Connect auto insurance rates with full coverage and liability only. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are applied.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set guideline of when to phase out full coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the annual cost of having full coverage is more than about 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s say your Ford Transit Connect replacement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $3,000 after paying your deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $300 a year for full coverage, then it could be time to drop full coverage.
There are some circumstances where removing full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you have to keep full coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is in an accident, you should keep full coverage in place.
Local agents and auto insurance
Some people just prefer to buy from a local agent and often times that is recommended The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap rate quotes and still choose a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance coverage information is sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes for your auto insurance coverage. You never need to do any legwork since price quotes are sent directly to you. You’ll get the best rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific auto insurance provider, just jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Finding the right provider should depend on more than just the quoted price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Does the company have a local claim office in Sacramento?
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- How are they compensated?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agencies can either be independent or exclusive.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only place business with one company like State Farm, Allstate, or Farmers Insurance. They generally cannot shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well schooled on their products and sales techniques and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Consumers frequently buy from exclusive agents primarily because of the brand legacy instead of buying on price only.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive agencies in Sacramento willing to provide price quote information.
- Bob Spears – State Farm Insurance Agent
3110 Fulton Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 482-9227 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Max Lam
2840 Del Paso Rd #300 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 575-7600 – View Map
- Lori McCarter Curry – State Farm Insurance Agent
451 Park Fair Dr #2 – Sacramento, CA 95864 – (916) 487-5151 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be independent do not work for one specific company and that allows them to write policies with any number of different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, you will want to get insurance quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection. Many independent agencies also insure through lesser-known insurance companies who may have lower rates.
Listed below are Sacramento independent insurance agencies that are able to give price quote information.
- Valley Surety Insurance
947 Enterprise Dr # A – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 567-6676 – View Map
- Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
- Castro Property and Commercial Insurance
155 15th St c – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 482-9600 – View Map
Why you need car insurance
Despite the high insurance cost for a Ford Transit Connect in Sacramento, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific minimum amount of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your vehicle, most lenders will require you to have comprehensive coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If the policy lapses, the lender may insure your Ford at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your Ford Transit Connect. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of having car insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $855 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Specific coverage details
Having a good grasp of car insurance helps when choosing appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. The terms used in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring.
Uninsured and underinsured coverage
This coverage provides protection from other motorists when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Ford Transit Connect.
Because many people only purchase the least amount of liability that is required (which is 15/30/5), their limits can quickly be used up. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is a good idea.
Coverage for medical payments
Med pay and PIP coverage kick in for expenses like dental work, doctor visits and EMT expenses. They can be used in conjunction with a health insurance program or if there is no health insurance coverage. Coverage applies to all vehicle occupants in addition to getting struck while a pedestrian. PIP is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance
This can cover injuries or damage you cause to a person or their property that is your fault. Coverage consists of three different limits, per person bodily injury, per accident bodily injury, and a property damage limit. You might see liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have a limit of $15,000 per injured person, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a limit of $5,000 paid for damaged property.
Liability insurance covers claims such as medical services, funeral expenses and pain and suffering. How much liability coverage do you need? That is a decision to put some thought into, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase higher limits if possible. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should consider buying better liability coverage.
The chart below demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
This coverage covers damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive coverage protects against things like vandalism, damage from getting keyed, a broken windshield, fire damage and a tree branch falling on your vehicle. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Collision coverage protection
This pays for damage to your Transit Connect resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You first must pay a deductible then the remaining damage will be paid by your insurance company.
Collision insurance covers claims such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox, crashing into a ditch and driving through your garage door. This coverage can be expensive, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Another option is to choose a higher deductible on your Transit Connect to save money on collision insurance.
Cover all your bases
People leave their current company for any number of reasons including not issuing a premium refund, high prices, unfair underwriting practices or being labeled a high risk driver. Regardless of your reason for switching companies, finding a great new company is actually quite simple.
Throughout this article, we presented quite a bit of information on how to shop for Ford Transit Connect insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a smaller regional carrier.
When getting Sacramento car insurance quotes online, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. There have been many cases where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy the best coverage you can find at the best price and still be able to protect your assets.
Even more information can be read by following these links:
- Booster Seat Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for Active Military in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Medical Payments Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Protect Yourself Against Auto Theft (Insurance Information Institute)