It goes without saying that car insurance companies want to keep you from comparing prices. Consumers who compare rates annually will probably switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding a cheaper policy. A recent survey discovered that consumers who regularly compared price quotes saved over $70 a month compared to policyholders who never compared prices.
If saving the most money on auto insurance is your target objective, learning the best way to quote and compare insurance premiums can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
The recommended way to get more affordable Lincoln MKZ insurance in Sacramento is to start doing a yearly price comparison from companies who sell insurance in California. You can compare rates by following these guidelines.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about coverages and the measures you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes from many different companies. View rates
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new company. As soon as you have the new policy, keep your new proof of insurance certificate with the vehicle registration.
A crucial key to this process is that you use identical coverages on every price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Finding more affordable car insurance prices is actually easier than you may think. You just have to take time comparing price quotes to see which company has cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes.
The companies shown below are ready to provide comparison quotes in California. If you want to find cheap car insurance in California, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to find the cheapest car insurance rates.
Why you need car insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Lincoln in Sacramento, insurance serves an important purpose.
First, most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require specific limits of liability insurance coverage if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you have a lien on your vehicle, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may insure your Lincoln at a much higher rate and require you to pay much more than you were paying before.
Third, car insurance protects not only your Lincoln MKZ but also your assets. Insurance will also pay for medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Lincoln gets damaged, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. Today the average American driver overpays as much as $865 each year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Data for Lincoln MKZ insurance
The premium information displayed next showcases detailed analysis of insurance coverage prices for Lincoln MKZ models. Understanding more about how prices are determined can be useful when making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|MKZ 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$648||$564||$34||$168||$1,684||$140|
|MKZ AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$270||$648||$564||$34||$168||$1,684||$140|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and claim-free. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can modify coverage prices significantly.
The example below illustrates how your deductible choice and can impact Lincoln MKZ premium costs for different insured age categories. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, full coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Auto insurance discounts are available to get cheap rates
Some companies do not list all available discounts very well, so below is a list both the well known as well as some of the hidden credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- ABS Brakes – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings up to 30%.
- Theft Prevention Discount – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less can earn lower auto insurance rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Defensive Driver – Participating in a driver safety class could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed in the military could be rewarded with lower premium rates.
- Online Discount – Certain auto insurance companies may give you up to $50 just for signing your application online.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Select insurance carriers reward you with a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not necessarily a discount, but some insurance companies permit an accident without getting socked with a rate hike so long as you are claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
Just know that some credits don’t apply to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
The example below shows the comparison of Lincoln MKZ insurance premiums with and without policy discounts. The data assumes a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
A list of companies and some of the premium reductions they offer can be read below.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, membership and employees, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, seat belt use, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, military installation, driver training, good student, multi-policy, and family discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, good student, homeowner, continuous coverage, online signing, and online quote discount.
- American Family offers discounts for good driver, bundled insurance, good student, accident-free, TimeAway discount, and multi-vehicle.
- Esurance includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, paid-in-full, DriveSense, safety device, online quote, online shopper, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, mature driver, teen driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm discounts include passive restraint, driver’s education, accident-free, good driver, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
When getting free Sacramento auto insurance quotes, it’s a good idea to each company which discounts you may be entitled to. Some discounts might not be offered in every state. To find insurers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click here.
Which is the best insurance?
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a perfect coverage plan. Everyone’s needs are different and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can help discover whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- What are good deductibles for a Lincoln MKZ?
- How much cheaper are high deductibles?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Who sells insurance for high-risk drivers?
- Can I cancel at any time?
- Do I pay less if my vehicle is kept in my garage?
- Is my ex-spouse still covered by my policy?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to an agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form or click here for a list of insurance companies in your area. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.