The recommended way to find low-cost auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to begin comparing prices regularly from companies who sell auto insurance in California.
First, try to learn a little about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates down. Many rating factors that result in higher prices like accidents, careless driving, and a poor credit score can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article provides the details to prevent rate hikes and get discounts that may be available to you.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote rates from multiple sources. View companies
Third, compare the quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if there is any savings. If you can save some money and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
Fourth, give notification to your current company of your intention to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new company. Once the application is submitted, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you’re comparing similar coverage information on each quote and and to compare as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and a good representation of prices.
It’s an obvious conclusion that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to switch companies because the odds are good of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent auto insurance study discovered that drivers who routinely shopped around saved as much as $72 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding budget-friendly rates on auto insurance is your ultimate target, then having a good understanding how to choose a company and compare insurance coverage can help make the process easier and more efficient.
Buy Sacramento Mercury Marauder insurance online
Getting a cheap price on insurance can be surprisingly simple. The only requirement is to take time to compare rate quotes online from several insurance companies.
The providers in the list below offer price quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit as many as you can to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Affordable rates with discounts
Auto insurance is expensive, but you might find some hidden discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. A few discounts will be applied when you quote, but some need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your next renewal.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Some auto insurance companies give lower auto insurance rates if you buy a life policy as well.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars with ABS braking systems or traction control can stop better under adverse conditions and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once instead of making monthly payments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you will save as much as 10 to 15 percent.
One thing to note about discounts is that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Even though it appears all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works.
A list of companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for driver training, multi-policy, air bags, five-year accident-free, emergency military deployment, military active duty, and multi-vehicle.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-theft, homeowner, teen safe driver, accident prevention training, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm discounts include defensive driving training, driver’s education, good driver, accident-free, and safe vehicle.
- MetLife offers discounts for claim-free, good driver, defensive driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and good student.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including teen driver, good student, early bird, driver training, homeowners, and theft prevention.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for online quote discount, good student, multi-vehicle, online signing, multi-policy, continuous coverage, and homeowner.
It’s a good idea to ask all the companies which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not apply everywhere.
How to Lower Your Insurance Premiums
A large part of saving on car insurance is knowing the rating factors that play a part in calculating your premiums. When you understand what controls the rates you pay, this allows you to make good choices that can earn you big savings. Many different elements are part of the calculation when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious like an MVR report, although others are not as apparent like where you live or how financially stable you are.
- Gaps in coverage mean higher rates – Not maintaining insurance is a big no-no and you may have a hard time finding new coverage because you let your insurance coverage expire. And not only will your rates increase, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in fines or a revoked license.
- Raise deductibles and save – Insurance for physical damage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, covers damage that occurs to your Mercury. A few examples of covered claims are colliding with a building, damage from fire, and having your car stolen. Comprehensive and collision coverage deductibles tell how much you are required to pay if a claim is determined to be covered. The higher the amount you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
- High premiums for youthful drivers – More experienced drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable. Drivers with little experience have a tendency to be careless and easily distracted when at the wheel of a vehicle so they pay higher car insurance rates.
- Prices are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of car you are insuring makes a huge difference in your car insurance bill. The most favorable rates are for smaller low performance passenger models, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
Compare rates but work with a local Sacramento insurance agency
Certain consumers still like to get advice from a local agent and often times that is recommended Good agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that drivers can save money and get lower rates and still buy from a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to visit any agencies since price quotes are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, feel free to jump over to their website and submit a quote form there.
Deciding on an provider requires you to look at more than just a cheap quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Is vehicle damage repaired with OEM or aftermarket parts?
- Which family members are covered?
- How long has the business existed?
- Do they have cheaper tiers of coverage?
When researching an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of insurance agents and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Sacramento are categorized either independent agents or exclusive agents. Either can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the subtle differences because it may have an impact on the kind of agent you use.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type write business for a single company like Farmers Insurance, American Family, State Farm and Allstate. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so it’s a take it or leave it situation. These agents are highly trained on their company’s products and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Consumers frequently choose to use a exclusive agent mainly due to high brand loyalty rather than low price.
Shown below are exclusive agencies in Sacramento willing to provide rate quotes.
- GEICO Insurance Agent
5211 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 923-5050 – View Map
- Moira Little – State Farm Insurance Agent
9700 Business Park Dr #304 – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (916) 854-5985 – View Map
- Darryl Fong – State Farm Insurance Agent
8489 Folsom Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 388-1900 – View Map
Independent Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the independent channel often have affiliation with several companies so they have the ability to put coverage with any number of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, an independent agent can move your coverage and the insured can keep the same agent. When comparing car insurance prices, you will want to get rate quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
Below are Sacramento independent agencies that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Leland Insurance Agency
910 Florin Rd # 108 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-1309 – View Map
- Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
- Pan American Underwriters
1610 Arden Way # 121 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (916) 286-5960 – View Map
Don’t give up on cheaper premiums
You just learned many ideas to lower your Mercury Marauder insurance premium rates in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Sacramento car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from some of the lesser-known companies.
As you quote Sacramento car insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that the few dollars in savings costed them thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy the best coverage you can find for the lowest cost while not skimping on critical coverages.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Sacramento can be sourced both online and with local Sacramento insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money. Some insurance companies don’t offer internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies only sell through independent agencies.
For more information, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Your Car has been Stolen: Now What? (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)