How many times have you told yourself to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Sacramento, CA? Sacramento drivers have a choice when trying to find low-cost Nissan Pathfinder insurance. You can either waste hours contacting agents getting price quotes or use the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates and you need to know the quickest way to quote coverages for a Nissan and find the cheapest rates.
Locating the most cost-effective auto insurance policy in Sacramento is much easier if you have a good place to start. If you have coverage now, you will most likely be able to reduce the price you pay using this strategy. Vehicle owners only need an understanding of the most effective way to shop for auto insurance from multiple carriers.
The method we recommend to compare car insurance company rates for Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Sacramento is to understand most larger insurance companies allow for online access to quote your coverage. The only thing you need to do is take a few minutes to give details like whether you are married, if you require a SR-22, if you lease or own, and if your license is active. Your insurance information is automatically sent to multiple companies and they provide comparison quotes immediately.
To compare affordable Nissan Pathfinder insurance rates now, click here and see if a lower rate is available in Sacramento.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer free quotes in Sacramento, CA. To find the cheapest car insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance data for a Nissan Pathfinder
The rate table below covers estimates of insurance coverage prices for Nissan Pathfinder models. Having knowledge of how car insurance prices are determined is important for you to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Pathfinder S 2WD||$236||$438||$534||$32||$160||$1,400||$117|
|Pathfinder S 4WD||$272||$438||$534||$32||$160||$1,436||$120|
|Pathfinder SE 2WD||$272||$438||$534||$32||$160||$1,436||$120|
|Pathfinder SE 4WD||$272||$438||$534||$32||$160||$1,436||$120|
|Pathfinder LE 2WD||$306||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,566||$131|
|Pathfinder LE 4WD||$306||$534||$534||$32||$160||$1,566||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, claim-free, and safe-driver. Premium amounts do not factor in specific location information which can influence coverage prices noticeably.
The chart below illustrates how your deductible choice and can affect Nissan Pathfinder premium costs for different insured age categories. Data assumes a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, and no other discounts are factored in.
Impact of citations and accidents on Sacramento insurance rates
The information below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can increase Nissan Pathfinder premium costs for different age categories. The premiums assume a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Three reasons to insure your Nissan vehicle
Even though it can be expensive, maintaining insurance serves several important purposes.
- Most states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Pathfinder, it’s most likely the lender will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and force you to pay much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards both your Nissan Pathfinder and your assets. Insurance will also pay for most medical and hospital costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance will also pay attorney fees if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Nissan gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having auto insurance greatly outweigh the cost, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average driver in California is wasting up to $865 each year so you should quote your policy with other companies at every renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Informed Consumers Can Cut Insurance Costs
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that are used to determine your auto insurance rates. If you know what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to cheaper rates. Many factors are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but others are less obvious like where you live or your vehicle rating.
Insurance prices are higher for high performance vehicles – The performance level of the car you are buying insurance for makes a significant difference in your auto insurance rates. The most favorable rates are usually for the lowest performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The chart below uses these variables: single female driver age 50, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Nissan Pathfinder policy rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of risk factors.
- Remove unneeded extra policy coverages – There are a lot of add-on coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing, and additional equipment coverage may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas at first, but if you don’t need them consider taking them off your policy.
- Liability limits are a factor – Liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for damages from an accident. It will provide legal defense coverage starting from day one. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to other policy coverages, so do not cut corners here.
- Save money with good credit – Your credit score will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for auto insurance. So if your credit history could use some work, you may save money insuring your Nissan Pathfinder by spending a little time repairing your credit. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to be more responsible and file fewer claims than drivers with poor credit scores.
Nissan Pathfinder statistical loss data – Auto insurance companies factor in historical loss data to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that the data shows to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have increased rates. The table below shows the historical loss data for Nissan Pathfinder vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles as a whole equals 100. Values below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more frequent losses or statistically larger losses.
Auto Insurance Loss Data for Nissan Pathfinder Models Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 2WD 99 114 83 106 101 108 Nissan Pathfinder 4dr 4WD 111 121 89 108 97 105BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Do you qualify for discounts?
Buying insurance is not cheap, but you might already qualify for some discounts that you may not know about. Many of these discounts will be applied automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be manually applied before being credited. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Good Student – A discount for being a good student can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Driving Data Discount – Drivers who elect to allow their insurance company to analyze their driving habits by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive could save a few bucks if their driving habits are good.
- E-sign – A few larger online companies provide a small discount for buying your policy over the internet.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you will save 10% to 20% off each policy.
- Military Discounts – Having a deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driver course may get you a small discount and make you a better driver.
- Drivers Ed for Students – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to participate in a local driver’s education class as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This isn’t a discount exactly, but certain companies may permit one accident without the usual rate increase so long as you are claim-free before the accident.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
Just know that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, that’s just not realistic. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
The chart below shows the difference between Nissan Pathfinder car insurance rates with and without discounts. The rates are based on a male driver, a clean driving record, no claims, California state minimum liability limits, full coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and their offered discounts are outlined below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, defensive driver, federal employee, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- USAA offers discounts including family discount, defensive driver, multi-policy, loyalty savings, and military installation.
- Progressive may include discounts for continuous coverage, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and online signing.
- American Family has discounts for good driver, multi-vehicle, TimeAway discount, early bird, and Steer into Savings.
- Esurance offers premium reductions for anti-lock brakes, online shopper, safety device, defensive driver, and online quote.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, multi-car, pay in full, mature driver, and electronic funds transfer.
- State Farm has savings for good student, anti-theft, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and multiple autos.
When comparing rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Some credits may not apply in your state. To find companies with discount rates in Sacramento, click here to view.
How do I know if I need professional advice?
When choosing coverage online or from an agent, there is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique and your policy should reflect that.
These are some specific questions can aid in determining if your situation may require specific advice.
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Nissan Pathfinder?
- Is extra glass coverage worth it?
- Am I covered if I wreck a rental car?
- What companies insure drivers after a DUI or DWI?
- Does my Nissan Pathfinder need full coverage?
- Why am I required to buy liability insurance?
- What does medical payments cover?
- Should I have a commercial auto policy?
- When can my company non-renew my policy?
- Is pet coverage available?
If you’re not sure about those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can go here for a list of companies in your area. It’s fast, free and can help protect your family.
What if I want to buy from local Sacramento car insurance agents?
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent. Licensed agents are highly skilled in risk management and give you someone to call. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance prices online is you can get cheaper rates but also keep your business local.
By using this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to participating agents in Sacramento who will gladly provide quotes for your business. It’s much easier because you don’t need to contact an agency since rate quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. If you have a need to get a rate quote for a specific company, just jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Choosing an insurance company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. Below are some questions you should ask.
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is the agency active in community causes in Sacramento?
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do the agents have professional certifications like CPCU or CIC?
- Are they paid to recommend certain coverages?
- Are claims handled at the agent’s location?
- Can glass repairs be made at your home?
The type of car insurance agent you choose is important
When researching a good insurance agency, you must know there are a couple types of agencies that you can select. Agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand how they differ since it could factor into the selection process.
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, Allstate and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. These agents are very knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps them sell on service rather than price. Consumers often purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Travis Beyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2455 Jefferson Blvd #115 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 375-0144 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Wayne Wong
2015 Q St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 760-7858 – View Map
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agents
These type of agents are not employed by one company and that allows them to write policies with a variety of different insurance companies and help determine which has the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply move the coverage in-house and you won’t have to switch agencies.
If you are comparing auto insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection. They also have the ability to place coverage with small mutual carriers that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
The following are Sacramento independent insurance agencies willing to provide price quote information.
- Leland Insurance Agency
910 Florin Rd # 108 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-1309 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
- Pan American Underwriters
1610 Arden Way # 121 – Sacramento, CA 95815 – (916) 286-5960 – View Map
Upon receiving good responses to these questions as well as an affordable premium quote, chances are good that you have found an insurance agent that can be trusted to adequately provide auto insurance.
Cover all your bases
You just read a lot of tips how to shop for Nissan Pathfinder insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more quotes you get, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even find the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
When getting Sacramento auto insurance quotes online, you should never buy less coverage just to save a little money. There are many occasions where someone dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that the small savings ended up costing them much more. Your goal is to find the BEST coverage at the lowest possible cost but still have enough coverage for asset protection.
How to buy cheaper Nissan Pathfinder insurance in Sacramento
If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to find low-cost car insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that sell auto insurance in Sacramento. Rates can be compared by following these guidelines.
- First, try to learn a little about policy coverages and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be amended by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only provide price estimates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources. View insurance agents
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, notify your current company of your decision to cancel your current coverage and submit a completed application and payment to the newly selected company. Be sure to store the proof of insurance certificate in your vehicle.
One thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as possible. This provides a level playing field and and a good selection of different prices.
Additional information is located below:
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Vehicle Safety Ratings (iihs.org)