The best way to find affordable Volvo XC70 insurance is to compare prices annually from different companies in Sacramento. Prices can be compared by following these guidelines.
- Try to learn about car insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that cause high rates such as traffic violations and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Continue reading for instructions to prevent high rates and find hidden discounts.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from multiple sources.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper XC70 coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give notification to your agent or company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit a completed application and payment for your new policy. Once coverage is bound, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with your vehicle registration.
A valuable tip to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every price quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Everyone knows that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. Drivers who shop around for the cheapest price will presumably buy a different policy because there are good odds of finding better rates. A recent auto insurance study revealed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never shopped around for lower prices.
If finding the lowest price on car insurance in Sacramento is your objective, knowing how to shop and compare cheaper coverage can make the process more efficient.
This article’s intent is to teach you how to effectively get price quotes and some tips to save money. If you already have coverage, you will surely be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Nevertheless, California drivers can benefit by having an understanding of how companies market on the web because it varies considerably.
Volvo XC70 insurance charts and tables
The rate information displayed next covers a range of policy rates for Volvo XC70 models. Being able to understand how auto insurance premiums are figured can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|XC70 3.2 AWD Station Wagon||$372||$688||$480||$28||$144||$1,712||$143|
|XC70 T6 AWD 4-Dr||$372||$792||$480||$28||$144||$1,816||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data assumes married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and homeowner. Table data does not factor in specific location information which can affect price quotes considerably.
Impact of careless driving on Sacramento insurance rates
The information below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault claims can affect Volvo XC70 insurance prices for each age group. The prices are based on a married female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $500 deductibles, and no discounts are applied.
Price comparison of only insuring for liability
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC70 yearly insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The data is based on no claims or violations, $250 deductibles, drivers are single, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to switch to liability coverage only
There isn’t a steadfast formula of when to eliminate physical damage coverage on your policy, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the replacement cost of your vehicle minus the policy deductible, then it might be time to buy liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Volvo XC70 claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, you would only receive $3,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $300 a year for full coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are a few cases where dropping physical damage coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you are required to maintain full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not drop full coverage.
Learn How to Get Car Insurance for Less
It’s important that you understand some of the elements that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you have some idea of what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in big savings.
The list below includes a few of the “ingredients” used by insurance companies to determine your prices.
Men are more aggressive – Statistics demonstrate that females take fewer risks when driving. That doesn’t necessarily mean that men are worse drivers. Both genders have auto accidents at about the same rate, but the men have costlier accidents. Men also receive more major tickets such as reckless driving.
The information below visualizes the comparison of Volvo XC70 insurance prices for male and female drivers. The data assumes no violations or accidents, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
- Credit score impact car insurance rates – An insured’s credit rating is likely to be a major factor in determining what you pay for car insurance. Insureds with excellent credit scores tend to be better drivers and file fewer claims as compared to drivers with lower credit ratings. If your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your Volvo XC70 if you clean up your credit.
Pay more for higher performance vehicles – The make and model of the vehicle you own makes a significant difference in the rate you pay. Smaller low performance passenger models normally have pretty low rates, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
The data below uses these assumptions: married female driver age 20, full coverage with $250 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It shows Volvo XC70 insurance rates compared to other vehicles that have different risk factors.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most car insurance companies give discounts to buyers that buy multiple policies such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, it’s in your best interest to compare other Sacramento XC70 insurance rates to verify if the discount is saving money.
- Lower premiums for being claim-free – Insurance companies in California give discounts to drivers who file claims infrequently. If you tend to file frequent claims, you can look forward to higher rates. Auto insurance is designed for the large, substantial claims.
Insurance losses for a Volvo XC70 – Companies include the past claim history for a vehicle when setting rates for each model. Vehicles that historically have high amounts or severity of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the insurance loss data for Volvo XC70 vehicles.
For each coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles averaged together is equal to 100. Values that are below 100 indicate better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased chance of larger losses than average.
Insurance Loss Ratings for Volvo XC70 Vehicles Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 2WD 69 Volvo XC70 Station Wagon 4WD 79 70 94 45BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
You just learned many tips how you can lower your Volvo XC70 insurance prices in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Sacramento auto insurance quotes. You may even find the best prices are with an unexpected company.
Discount Volvo XC70 insurance in Sacramento is available both online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, so you should compare both to get a complete price analysis. There are still a few companies who may not provide online quoting and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agencies.
When buying insurance coverage, you should never sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. There are a lot of situations where an insured dropped physical damage coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The ultimate goal is to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
Additional detailed information can be found at these sites:
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance After a Speeding Ticket in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a GMC Sierra in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for a Chevrolet Equinox? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Homeowners? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for Teachers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving Extends Beyond Texting (State Farm)
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)