Nobody I know looks forward to paying premiums for insurance, particularly when the price is too high.
It’s well known that insurance companies don’t want policyholders to shop around. People who shop around for cheaper price quotes are inclined to switch to a new company because they have a good chance of finding coverage at a cheaper rate. A recent insurance study revealed that drivers who shopped around annually saved $865 annually as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest price for insurance is your ultimate goal, then having some knowledge of the best way to quote and compare car insurance can help make the process easier.
You have so many insurance companies to pick from, and although it’s a good thing to have multiple companies, too many choices makes it more difficult to compare rates and cut insurance costs.
When price shopping your coverage, comparing more quotes helps locate lower pricing. Some regional insurers cannot provide price estimates online, so it’s recommended that you also compare price estimates from them, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide quotes in Sacramento, CA. To locate cheaper auto insurance in CA, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
You may qualify for discounts for Chevy Uplander insurance in Sacramento
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every possible discount in a way that’s easy to find, so we took the time to find both the well known and the harder-to-find credits available to lower your premiums when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Accident-Free Discounts – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Seat Belts Save – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the personal injury premium cost.
- Good Driver Discount – Drivers who don’t get into accidents may receive a discount up to 45% than drivers with accident claims.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies give discounts for switching to them before your current expiration date. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Passive Restraints and Air Bags – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings of 20% or more.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices can help prevent theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- Save over 55 – If you’re over the age of 55, you may be able to get a discount up to 10%.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Adding a new car to your policy is cheaper due to better safety requirements for newer models.
- Full Payment Discount – By making one initial payment instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Student Discounts – A discount for being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally well after school through age 25.
Don’t be shocked that many deductions do not apply to the entire policy premium. Most only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. So despite the fact that it appears all the discounts add up to a free policy, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and a selection of discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and online signing.
- MetLife has savings for accident-free, good driver, claim-free, multi-policy, defensive driver, and good student.
- Mercury Insurance has discounts for professional/association, multi-car, annual mileage, location of vehicle, anti-theft, and ease of repair.
- Nationwide offers discounts including defensive driving, multi-policy, easy pay, Farm Bureau membership, and accident-free.
- GEICO offers discounts for membership and employees, anti-theft, defensive driver, seat belt use, federal employee, and good student.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, anti-theft, education and occupation, AAA membership discount, and pay-in-full.
If you are trying to find the cheapest Chevrolet Uplander rate quotes, ask every insurance company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not apply in Sacramento. If you would like to see a list of companies who offer insurance discounts in Sacramento, follow this link.
Shop online but buy locally
Many people still like to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is the fact that you can find the lowest rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Sacramento.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Sacramento who want to provide quotes for your insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without a big time investment. If you want to quote rates for a specific company, you would need to navigate to their website and give them your coverage information.
Different types of car insurance agents in Sacramento
If you are searching for a local Sacramento insurance agent, you need to know there are two different agency structures and how they are distinctly different. Insurance policy providers are either exclusive agents or independent agents.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not restricted to one company so they have the ability to put coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, they can switch companies in-house and you can keep the same agent.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to check rates from several independent insurance agents in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a small list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento who can help you get comparison quotes.
Agents in the exclusive channel are contracted to one company and some examples include Allstate and State Farm. They generally cannot place coverage with different providers so you might not find the best rates. These agents receive extensive training on sales techniques and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento willing to provide price quote information.
Picking the best car insurance agent should depend on more than just the bottom line cost. Any agent in Sacramento should be forthright in answering these questions:
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Do they prorate repair cost based on vehicle mileage?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- Does the agent help file claims?
- What discounts might you be missing?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
Auto insurance coverages explained
Having a good grasp of auto insurance aids in choosing the right coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be impossible to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording. These are the usual coverages found on most auto insurance policies.
This coverage can cover injuries or damage you cause to other people or property by causing an accident. Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 which stand for $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and a total limit of $5,000 for damage to vehicles and property. Alternatively, you may have a combined limit which provides one coverage limit without having the split limit caps.
Liability can pay for things such as loss of income, repair bills for other people’s vehicles, bail bonds, legal defense fees and pain and suffering. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is your choice, but consider buying as much as you can afford. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but drivers should carry better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying low liability limits may not be enough.
This pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by collision with a stationary object or other vehicle. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision coverage pays for claims like sideswiping another vehicle, hitting a parking meter, hitting a mailbox and colliding with another moving vehicle. This coverage can be expensive, so analyze the benefit of dropping coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Uplander to save money on collision insurance.
Med pay and Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Med pay and PIP coverage pay for immediate expenses such as rehabilitation expenses, chiropractic care, ambulance fees, hospital visits and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be used to cover expenses not covered by your health insurance policy or if you lack health insurance entirely. It covers you and your occupants and will also cover if you are hit as a while walking down the street. PIP is not universally available but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist (UM/UIM)
This gives you protection from other drivers when they are uninsured or don’t have enough coverage. Covered losses include injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Because many people have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. For this reason, having high UM/UIM coverages should not be overlooked. Usually these coverages are set the same as your liability limits.
This coverage covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You first have to pay a deductible and then insurance will cover the rest of the damage.
Comprehensive insurance covers things like a broken windshield, hail damage, rock chips in glass and hitting a bird. The maximum amount your auto insurance company will pay is the cash value of the vehicle, so if your deductible is as high as the vehicle’s value it’s probably time to drop comprehensive insurance.
The best insurance company isn’t always the cheapest
As you shop your coverage around, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are many occasions where someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t have enough coverage. Your strategy should be to buy a smart amount of coverage at the best price while still protecting your assets.
Some insurance providers do not provide online quoting and these small insurance companies provide coverage only through local independent agencies. Cheaper Chevy Uplander insurance in Sacramento is possible from both online companies and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection.
We just covered many ideas to shop for Chevy Uplander insurance online. It’s most important to understand that the more you quote Sacramento car insurance, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with some of the smallest insurance companies. These smaller insurers may have significantly lower car insurance rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like GEICO and State Farm.
Steps to saving on Chevy Uplander insurance in Sacramento
If saving the most money is your goal, then the best way to find cheaper Chevy Uplander insurance in Sacramento is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California.
Step 1: Get an understanding of auto insurance and the factors you can control to drop your rates. Many risk factors that result in higher prices such as tickets, at-fault accidents, and a substandard credit history can be improved by paying attention to minor details.
Step 2: Compare rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Notify your agent or company of your intention to cancel your existing policy. Submit a signed application and payment to your new company or agent. As soon as you can, place your new proof of insurance paperwork somewhere easily accessible.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This guarantees a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
To read more, feel free to browse the articles below:
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Hyundai Elantra? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Sacramento, CA? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for a Company Car in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Property Damage Coverage (Liberty Mutual)
- Where can I buy Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)