It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates is to compare prices regularly from companies who provide car insurance in Sacramento.
- Take a few minutes and learn about what coverages are included in your policy and the things you can control to keep rates low. Many rating factors that result in higher rates like your driving record and a not-so-good credit score can be improved by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
- Request rate estimates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a lower rate quote and change companies, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s safe to assume that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Insureds who shop around for cheaper rates are inclined to move their business because they have a good chance of finding a lower-priced policy. A study showed that consumers who regularly shopped around saved approximately $860 a year compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding low prices for auto insurance is the reason for your visit, knowing how to quote prices and compare insurance coverage can make it easier to find better rates.
If you have car insurance now, you stand a good chance to be able to cut your premiums using these methods. Comparison shopping for the most affordable protection in Sacramento is easy if you know what you’re doing. Nevertheless, California vehicle owners can benefit from knowing how the larger insurance companies sell online because it can help you find the best coverage.
Most of the larger companies like 21st Century, Allstate and State Farm make it easy to get insurance quotes online. Comparing prices online for Dodge Durango insurance in Sacramento can be done by anyone as you just type in your required coverages as detailed in the form. After the form is submitted, their rating system orders your driving record and credit report and returns a price quote determined by many factors.
This makes it simple to compare prices and it is imperative to perform this step if you want to find the lowest payment on auto insurance.
To find out how much you can save on auto insurance, compare rates from the companies below. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you replicate the limits and deductibles exactly as shown on your declarations page. This way, you will get rate comparison quotes based on similar coverages.
The companies in the list below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If you want the best cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you get prices from several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
Insurance discounts help lower rates for Dodge Durango insurance in Sacramento
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but you might find some hidden discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Some discounts apply automatically at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be specifically requested before they will apply.
- Paper-free Discount – A few larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy digitally online.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Buying insurance coverage on a new vehicle can cost up to 25% less because new model year vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Good Student – Being a good student can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you up until you turn 25.
- Drive Safe and Save – Insureds who avoid accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates compared to rates paid by drivers with frequent claims.
- No Accidents – Drivers who don’t have accidents can earn big discounts in comparison to drivers who are more careless.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – This isn’t a discount exactly, but companies like Allstate, State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a specific time period.
As a sidenote, most credits do not apply to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
Popular insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for good driver, student away at school, passive restraint, accident-free, and anti-theft.
- Progressive may include discounts for good student, continuous coverage, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- Progressive may have discounts that include good student, online signing, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and homeowner.
- MetLife offers discounts for defensive driver, good student, good driver, multi-policy, accident-free, and claim-free.
- Farm Bureau has discounts for multi-policy, youthful driver, renewal discount, safe driver, 55 and retired, good student, and multi-vehicle.
- GEICO discounts include driver training, emergency military deployment, good student, multi-policy, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, and federal employee.
- SAFECO policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, accident prevention training, safe driver, bundle discounts, and anti-lock brakes.
Before buying, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be available to policyholders in your state.
What Determines Dodge Durango Insurance Prices?
Consumers need to have an understanding of a few of the rating criteria that play a part in calculating your premiums. If you understand what determines base rates, this enables you to make decisions that will entitle you to big savings.
Car features impact prices – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Anti-theft devices like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems all help prevent auto theft and help lower rates.
Big city or small town – Living in less populated areas may provide you with better prices when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have much more traffic and longer commute times. Fewer drivers on the road means fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates.
Higher insurance rates for policy lapses – Not maintaining insurance is not a good idea and any future policy may cost more because you let your insurance expire. In addition to paying higher rates, not being able to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
Liability protection preserves assets – Liability coverage kicks in if a jury decides you are liable for damages from an accident. Your policy’s liability insurance provides legal defense coverage which can be incredibly expensive. It is affordable coverage as compared to coverage for physical damage, so drivers should carry high limits.
Dodge Durango insurance loss data – Companies use statistical claims data when they file their rates in each state. Models that the statistics show to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages.
The next table shows the compiled insurance loss statistics for Dodge Durango vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is represented as 100. Percentage values below 100 mean the vehicle has better than average losses, while values that are above 100 indicate more frequent losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
|Specific Dodge Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 2WD||88||110||91||104||90||100|
|Dodge Durango 4dr 4WD||90||115||97||92||93||102|
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
When to get advice from an agent
Some consumers just want to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a smart move An additional benefit of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get cheap auto insurance quotes and also buy local. And supporting local agencies is still important in Sacramento.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is sent to local insurance agents in Sacramento that give free quotes for your auto insurance coverage. It makes it easy because there is no need to leave your house due to the fact that quote results will go immediately to you. You can find better rates without a big time investment. In the event you want to compare prices from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and fill out their quote form.
If you want to use a local Sacramento insurance agency, you should know the different agency structures and how they can service your needs differently. Agents can either be independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agents
These type of agents can sell policies from many different companies and that allows them to write policies through many companies and find you cheaper rates. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part. When comparing auto insurance prices, it’s recommended you get rate quotes from at a minimum one independent agency to have the most options to choose from. A lot of them also have access to lesser-known insurance companies which may have better rates.
Shown below is a short list of independent agents in Sacramento that can give you free auto insurance quotes.
- Nationwide Insurance: Welcome Financial Inc
1102 Jefferson Blvd c – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 231-3558 – View Map
- Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency
2021 P St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 313-6100 – View Map
- Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents can usually just insure with one company such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot compare other company’s rates so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents are very knowledgeable in insurance sales and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. A lot of people buy from exclusive agents partially due to the prominence of the brand rather than having low rates.
The following are exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you price quotes.
- Moira Little – State Farm Insurance Agent
9700 Business Park Dr #304 – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (916) 854-5985 – View Map
- Sig Lindley – State Farm Insurance Agent
8110 Pocket Rd #201 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-7370 – View Map
- Rich Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1001 26th St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 447-8560 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agency requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- How long have they been in business?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Do they regularly work with personal auto policies in Sacramento?
- How often do they review coverages?
If you receive positive responses to any questions you may have and a good coverage price, most likely you have located an insurance agent that will provide auto insurance coverage. But keep in mind you can always cancel your coverage when you choose so never assume that you’re stuck with any particular company with no way out.
Compare but don’t skimp
Cheap Dodge Durango insurance in Sacramento is possible on the web and from local insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide internet price quotes and many times these smaller providers provide coverage only through local independent agents.
Drivers who switch companies do it for a variety of reasons including questionable increases in premium, not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers or being labeled a high risk driver. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
In this article, we covered a lot of information how to lower your Dodge Durango insurance auto insurance rates in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best auto insurance rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Teen Driver Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for Good Students in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Under 21 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- How to Avoid Buying a Flooded Car (Insurance Information Institute)