The best way we recommend to save money on GMC Canyon insurance in Sacramento is to compare prices at least once a year from insurance carriers that insure vehicles in California.
- First, get an understanding of auto insurance and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as your driving record and a not-so-good credit history can be controlled by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover tips to get low prices and get discounts that may be overlooked.
- Second, obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can provide rates from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while agents who are independent can quote prices from multiple insurance companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate in Sacramento. If you find better rates, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, tell your current agent or company of your intent to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a completed application to your new carrier. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
The key thing to remember is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote and and to look at as many different insurance providers as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Smart shoppers know that car insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Consumers who shop around for better prices will presumably switch car insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of getting low-cost coverage. A survey found that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved on average $72 a month compared to other drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the cheapest rates on auto insurance in Sacramento is the reason you’re reading this, then knowing how to get rate quotes and compare car insurance can help you succeed in saving money.
The purpose of this post is to teach you a little about the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance and also pocket some savings If you are already insured, you will definitely be able to get lower rates using these tips. But California consumers need to have an understanding of the way insurance companies determine what you pay because rates are impacted by many factors.
When quoting car insurance, remember that getting more free quotes helps increase your odds of locating a lower rate.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer price quotes in California. To locate the best car insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
Verify you’re getting every discount
Companies offering auto insurance don’t necessarily list every policy discount in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of some of the best known and the more hidden discounts you could be receiving when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online.
- Claim-Free Discount – Insureds with no claims or accidents pay less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Pay Early and Save – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can actually save on your bill.
- Waiver for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO and Liberty Mutual will allow you to have one accident without raising rates if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Driver Safety – Taking a class that teaches driver safety techniques could save 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Senior Citizens – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for a slight reduction on a Sacramento auto insurance quote.
- Passive Restraints – Factory air bags or automatic seat belts could see savings of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Government Workers – Simply working for the federal government could qualify for a slight premium decrease but check with your company.
- New Car Discount – Insuring a vehicle that is new can be considerably cheaper since new model year vehicles are generally safer.
- Sacramento Homeowners Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home is proof of financial responsibility.
Don’t be surprised that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you can get free auto insurance, you aren’t that lucky.
The information below illustrates the comparison of GMC Canyon car insurance rates with and without some available policy discounts. Data assumes a female driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-car, marriage, and homeowner discounts applied.
A few companies that may offer quotes with most of the discounts above include:
If you need lower rates, check with every insurance company what discounts are available to you. Some discounts may not apply in Sacramento.
Analysis of GMC Canyon rates
The table displayed next outlines estimates of coverage costs for GMC Canyon models. Understanding how insurance policy rates are determined is important for you to make informed purchases.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 2WD||$210||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,294||$108|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 2WD||$210||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,358||$113|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 2WD||$210||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,358||$113|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 2WD||$210||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,358||$113|
|Canyon SLE Regular Cab 4WD||$240||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,324||$110|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 2WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab 4WD||$240||$298||$578||$34||$174||$1,324||$110|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 2WD||$240||$426||$578||$34||$174||$1,452||$121|
|Canyon SLE Ext Cab Z71 4WD||$240||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,388||$116|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab 4WD||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Canyon SLE Crew Cab Z71 4WD||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Canyon SLT Crew Cab 4WD||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Canyon SLT Ext Cab 4WD||$272||$362||$578||$34||$174||$1,420||$118|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and claim-free. Rates do not factor in specific location which can influence price quotes substantially.
Rate increases following a ticket or accident
The illustration below highlights how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents influence GMC Canyon premium costs for each age group. The data assumes a single female driver, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Best car insurance in California
Selecting the top insurance provider can be challenging considering how many companies sell coverage in California. The company information listed below could help you pick which auto insurance companies you want to consider comparing prices from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
How do Car Insurance Companies Determine GMC Canyon Insurance Rates?
Many different elements are considered when pricing auto insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as traffic violations, but other factors are more transparent like your continuous coverage or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the things companies use to determine your rate level.
- Liability limits on your policy – Your policy’s liability coverage kicks in in the event that you are found liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability provides legal defense coverage to attempt to prove you were not liable. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not skimp.
Insurance costs and vehicle performance – The performance level of the vehicle you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The lowest base rates are for low performance passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart uses these variables: single male driver age 50, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares GMC Canyon insurance rates compared to other makes and models that have a range of performance rating factors.
- Never let your coverage lapse – Driving with no insurance is a big no-no and you will pay a penalty because you let your insurance lapse. In addition to paying higher premiums, getting caught without coverage might get you a revoked license or a big fine.
- Don’t buy incidental coverages that may not be needed – There are many extra bells and whistles that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Things like vanishing deductibles, towing, and term life insurance may be wasting your money. They may seem good when discussing your needs, but your money might be better spent on other coverage so consider taking them off your policy.
- Know your vehicle’s safety rating – Safer cars tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles engineered for safety protect occupants better and any reduction in injury severity translates directly to fewer claims and lower rates for you.
- High credit scores save money – A driver’s credit rating is a large factor in determining your rates. Therefore, if your credit leaves room for improvement, you could save money insuring your GMC Canyon by improving your credit score. Insureds that have high credit scores tend to be less risk to insure than those with poor credit scores.
- Save money with higher physical damage deductibles – Insurance for physical damage, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, is used to repair damage to your vehicle. Some examples of covered claims would be colliding with a building, damage caused by hail, and rolling your vehicle. The deductibles you choose state the amount of money you are required to spend out-of-pocket if the claim is covered. The more expense you have to pay, the lower your rates will be.
Youthful vs. older drivers – Beginning drivers in California are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted when behind the wheel therefore insurance rates are much higher. Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and are generally more financially stable.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
GMC Canyon claim probability – Insurance companies study historical loss data when setting rates for each model. Models that have a higher amount or frequency of claims will have higher rates for specific coverages. The table below demonstrates the insurance loss data for GMC Canyon vehicles.
For each coverage type, the claim amount for all vehicles averaged together equals 100. Values that are below 100 suggest a better than average loss history, while numbers above 100 point to more losses or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Insurance Loss Ratings for GMC Canyon Vehicles Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury GMC Canyon Crew Cab 2WD 54 88 GMC Canyon Crew Cab 4WD 44 71BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years