Statistics show that the vast majority of California insurance customers kept their coverage with the same insurance company for more than four years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could cut their rates by roughly 47% a year, but they just assume it takes a lot of time to shop their coverage around.
The easiest way to find the cheapest price for Hyundai Tiburon insurance is to start comparing prices regularly from companies that insure vehicles in Sacramento. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
- Take a few minutes and learn about coverages and the modifications you can make to prevent rate increases. Many rating factors that drive up the price like careless driving and a poor credit score can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Read the full article for more information to get cheaper rates and get bigger discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes for many different companies. View a list of agents
- Compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if you can save on Tiburon insurance in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the newly selected company. As soon as you can, safely store the certificate verifying coverage somewhere easily accessible.
A key point to remember is to make sure you enter identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
It’s important to know that having more price comparisons helps you find a lower rate.
The companies shown below can provide price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you compare several of them to find the most competitive auto insurance rates.
Affordable Sacramento insurance quotes with discounts
Insurance is neither fun to buy or cheap, but there may be some discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically when you purchase, but a few must be inquired about before being credited.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- E-sign – Certain insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up over the internet.
- Braking Control Discount – Cars and trucks with ABS braking systems or traction control prevent accidents and will save you 10% or more on Tiburon insurance in Sacramento.
- Policy Bundle Discount – If you can combine your auto and home policy and place coverage with the same company you will save at least 10 to 15 percent or more.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Having several vehicles on the same insurance policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Full Payment Discount – If paying your policy premium upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
- Seat Belt Discounts – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use a seat belt can save up to 10 percent (depending on the company) off the personal injury premium cost.
- Multi-line Discount – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy auto and life insurance together.
- Own a Home – Just being a homeowner may earn you a small savings because of the fact that having a home requires a higher level of personal finance.
A quick disclaimer, most credits do not apply to the entire policy premium. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. Even though it appears you could get a free insurance policy, company stockholders wouldn’t be very happy.
The best insurance companies and their offered discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include youthful driver, good student, switch companies, electronic funds transfer, mature driver, and early shopping.
- State Farm may include discounts for good student, defensive driving training, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, safe vehicle, student away at school, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts for new move discount, exclusive group savings, hybrid vehicle, new graduate, newly married, teen driver discount, and multi-car.
- MetLife policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, good driver, claim-free, accident-free, defensive driver, good student
- Progressive may offer discounts for multi-policy, online signing, continuous coverage, good student, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
Before purchasing a policy, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state.
Why you need to buy car insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Hyundai Tiburon in Sacramento, maintaining insurance is required in California but it also protects you in many ways.
- Almost all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your vehicle, more than likely the lender will require that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If you default on your policy, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Hyundai at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays more than $750 every year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Do I need an agent?
Many drivers just prefer to sit down with an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases A nice benefit of getting online price quotes is you can get lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from small agencies is definitely important in Sacramento.
For easy comparison, once you complete this short form, your information is sent to local insurance agents who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no reason to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you directly. You can find better rates and work with a local agent. If you wish to get a price quote from one company in particular, you just need to visit that company’s website and give them your coverage information.
Insurance agent types
When looking for a reliable insurance agency, it’s helpful to know the different agency structures that you can select. Insurance policy providers may be either independent agents or exclusive agents depending on their employer.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents in the independent channel often have many company appointments so they can insure your vehicles with an assortment of companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If they find a cheaper price, the agent simply finds a different carrier and you won’t have to switch agencies. When comparing insurance prices, it’s recommended you check rates from independent agents to maximize your price options. Most can insure with companies you’ve never heard of which may have better rates.
Listed below is a list of independent agencies in Sacramento that can give you cheap rate quotes.
- McClatchy Insurance Agency
2410 Fair Oaks Blvd #140 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 488-4702 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Wellco Insurance Agency Inc
6905 Stockton Blvd Ste 230 – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 399-8113 – View Map
- Jack-Novicio Insurance Agency, Inc.
3400 Watt Ave #204 – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 783-0000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type are contracted to one company and some examples include State Farm or Allstate. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on the products they sell which helps them compete with independent agents. Consumers sometimes buy from exclusive agents primarily because of high brand loyalty instead of buying on price only.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive insurance agencies who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Trevor Fong – State Farm Insurance Agent
7485 Rush River Dr #715 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 392-1240 – View Map
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance: Brewer Insurance Agency
6700 Freeport Blvd #101 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 424-4357 – View Map
Finding a good car insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Here are some questions to ask:
- How many years of experience in personal auto insurance do they have?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- How are claims handled?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- Will the quote change when the policy is issued?