If your goal is the lowest price, then the best way to get affordable Ford Fusion insurance in Sacramento is to regularly compare price quotes from insurers who sell auto insurance in California. Rate comparisons can be done by completing these steps.
- First, spend some time learning about coverages and the things you can control to prevent rate increases. Many things that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and a poor credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Third, compare the new quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you can save some money, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
- Fourth, provide notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit the completed application along with a down payment to the new company. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to try to use the same deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to look at as many companies as you can. Doing this provides a level playing field and a thorough selection of prices.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, a large majority of drivers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and approximately 40% of consumers have never compared quotes from other companies. With the average insurance premium being $1,400, Sacramento drivers could save up to 35% every year just by shopping around, but they won’t spend time to shop their coverage around.
If you are insured now or are shopping for new coverage, you will benefit by learning to shop for the lowest rates and still have adequate protection. Pricing cheaper coverage in Sacramento is not as difficult as people think. Smart buyers just need to understand the proper way to shop from many companies at once.
How to get free Ford Fusion insurance quotes online
Getting a cheaper price on insurance is not rocket science. The only requirement is to take time to compare rates from some recommended companies.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Ford in Sacramento, maintaining insurance is mandatory in California but it also protects more than you think.
- Just about all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a loan, more than likely the lender will require that you have full coverage to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a significantly higher premium and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for most medical and hospital costs incurred in an accident. Liability coverage will also pay to defend you in the event you are sued. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, your policy will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. According to a recent study, the average American driver overpays more than $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Ford Fusion coverage statistics
The rate information shown next outlines estimates of rate quotes for Ford Fusion models. Having a better idea how insurance policy premiums are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when purchasing an auto insurance policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Fusion S 4-Dr Sedan||$214||$386||$416||$24||$124||$1,164||$97|
|Fusion SE 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|Fusion Hybrid 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$522||$520||$30||$156||$1,470||$123|
|Fusion SEL 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|Fusion Sport 4-Dr Sedan||$242||$454||$416||$24||$124||$1,260||$105|
|Fusion SEL AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$522||$416||$24||$124||$1,354||$113|
|Fusion Sport AWD 4-Dr Sedan||$268||$522||$416||$24||$124||$1,354||$113|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Table data represents married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Price information does not factor in specific location information which can influence price quotes greatly.
How careless driving impacts Sacramento insurance rates
The illustration below illustrates how violations and at-fault collisions can influence Ford Fusion insurance prices for different age groups. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
Rate comparison of full coverage and liability-only
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Ford Fusion insurance costs when comparing full coverage to liability only. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for dropping full coverage
There is no set rule for dropping comp and collision coverage, but there is a general guideline. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you might consider buying liability only.
For example, let’s assume your Ford Fusion claim settlement value is $7,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most your company will settle for is $6,000 after paying your policy deductible. If it’s costing you more than $600 annually for full coverage, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage as part of the loan requirements. Also, if your finances do not allow you to purchase a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
These discounts can lower your insurance quotes
Auto insurance companies don’t always list every available discount in a way that’s easy to find, so the list below contains both well-publicized in addition to some of the lesser obvious discounts that you may qualify for.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a course teaching safe driver skills is a good idea and can lower rates and also improve your driving technique.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Cars with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Theft Prevention System – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen with less frequency and will qualify for a discount on a Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Employee of Federal Government – Simply working for the federal government can save as much as 8% with a few insurance companies.
- Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once instead of paying each month you may have a lower total premium amount.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple vehicles on one policy may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
- Drivers Education – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as comp or med pay. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, companies don’t profit that way. But all discounts should help lower the premium cost.
The information below compares Ford Fusion auto insurance rates with and without policy discounts. The rates are based on a female driver, no claims or driving citations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, homeowner, marriage, safe-driver, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
For a list of providers that offer some of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
Keep in mind that when it comes to choosing the best insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “best” method to buy coverage. Your financial needs are unique and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
These are some specific questions might help in determining if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- What does medical payments coverage do?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- Is there coverage for my trailer?
- When should I have rental car coverage?
- Does coverage extend to Mexico or Canada?
- Should I pay a claim out-of-pocket?
- I have a DUI can I still get coverage?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- What should my uninsured motorist coverage limits be in California?
If you can’t answer these questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It is quick, free and can help protect your family.