The preferred way to find discount Lexus IS 350 insurance in Sacramento is to annually compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in California.
- Step 1: Spend some time learning about individual coverages and the factors you can control to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as inattentive driving and bad credit can be rectified by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Continue reading for additional tips to prevent expensive rate increases and get bigger discounts.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if a cheaper price is available in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate and make a switch, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
- Step 4: Provide notification to your current company of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy and submit payment and a signed application to the new insurer. Don’t forget to put the new proof of insurance certificate with your registration paperwork.
The critical component of shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to compare every company you can. Doing this guarantees a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s an obvious conclusion that auto insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Drivers who shop around for cheaper rates are highly likely to buy a new policy because they stand a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A survey found that drivers who routinely shopped around saved about $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared rates.
If finding the lowest rates on car insurance is your goal, then learning a little about how to get price quotes and compare auto insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
Cheap Sacramento car insurance rates with discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that could help you make your next renewal payment. Some discounts will apply at the time you complete a quote, but less common discounts must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Telematics Discount – Insureds who allow data collection to monitor driving patterns by installing a telematics device like Allstate’s Drivewise might see lower rates if they show good driving skills.
- E-sign Discounts – Some larger companies will provide an incentive for signing up on the internet.
- Safety Course Discount – Participating in a course teaching safe driver skills could save 5% or more if your company offers it.
- ABS Brakes – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control can avoid accidents and earn discounts up to 10%.
- Good Grades Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. Most companies allow this discount until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent Discount – Cars and trucks with anti-theft systems help deter theft and will qualify for a discount on a Sacramento car insurance quote.
- 55 and Retired – If you qualify as a senior citizen, you could receive a small discount on rates.
- Passive Restraint Discount – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can qualify for discounts of up to 25% or more.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Clubs and Organizations – Joining specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations could qualify you for a break on car insurance.
Keep in mind that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as liability and collision coverage. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, you won’t be that lucky. Any qualifying discounts should help reduce the premium cost.
The chart below illustrates the comparison of Lexus IS 350 insurance premiums with and without discounts applied. The costs are based on a female driver, no accidents or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, homeowner, claim-free, multi-car, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Auto insurance companies that may have some of the above discounts are:
If you want cheaper Sacramento car insurance quotes, ask each company to apply every possible discount. Some discounts listed above may not apply to policies in every state. To locate companies with the best discounts in Sacramento, click here.
To find low cost rates, there are a couple of ways to compare quotes from many auto insurance companies in California. The fastest way to find competitive Lexus IS 350 insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that making a lot of price comparisons increases the chance that you will find a lower rate than you’re paying now.
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, it’s a good idea that you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Lexus IS 350 insurance analysis
The coverage table displayed below covers different coverage costs for Lexus IS 350 models. Understanding how premiums are established can be valuable when making informed decisions when comparing rate quotes.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|IS 350 4-Dr Sedan||$398||$630||$578||$34||$174||$1,814||$151|
|IS 350 C 2-Dr Convertible||$398||$630||$578||$34||$174||$1,814||$151|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Cost estimates assume single male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, safe-driver, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Sacramento which can modify coverage prices greatly.
Poor driving habits will raise your auto insurance rates
The diagram below demonstrates how speeding tickets and accidents drive up Lexus IS 350 insurance rates for each different age group. The data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Annual premiums for males compared to females in Sacramento
The information below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 350 insurance rates for male and female drivers. Data assumes no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, comp and collision included, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Cost comparison with and without full coverage
The diagram below illustrates the difference between Lexus IS 350 car insurance rates with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. Data assumes a clean driving record, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to buy liability coverage only
There is no clear-cut rule to exclude comp and collision coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than about 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s say your Lexus IS 350 book value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after you pay the deductible. If premium cost is more than $400 annually for physical damage coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are some circumstances where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage in order to prevent your loan from defaulting. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Don’t assume everyone needs the same insurance coverage
When it comes to choosing a policy, there really isn’t a one-size-fits-all type of policy. Your financial needs are unique and your insurance should be unique as well.
For instance, these questions could help you determine if your insurance needs may require specific advice.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Can I rate high risk drivers on liability-only vehicles?
- Do I get a pro-rated refund if I cancel my policy early?
- Is business equipment covered while in my vehicle?
- How much can I save by bundling my policies?
- Why do I have to buy liability insurance?
- What if I don’t agree with a claim settlement offer?
- Am I covered if I hit my neighbor’s mailbox?
- Am I covered if my car is in a flood?
- When does my teenage driver need to be added to my policy?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed agent. To find an agent in your area, fill out this quick form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Auto insurance quotes from neighborhood Sacramento auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to have an agent’s advice and that is a smart decision One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can obtain the best rates and still have a local agent.
Once you complete this short form, your insurance data is immediately sent to companies in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento car insurance quotes to get your business. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to find an agent due to the fact that quote results will go to you instantly. You can most likely find cheaper rates without requiring a lot of work. If for some reason you want to compare prices from a particular provider, you can always find their quoting web page to submit a rate quote request.
Picking the best company shouldn’t rely on just a cheap price quote. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- How many years have they been established?
- How often do they review coverages?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
- Do you qualify for any additional discounts?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
Types of auto insurance agents in Sacramento
If you are wanting to find a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are two different agency structures and how they operate. Auto insurance agents are either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive can usually just insure with one company like American Family, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agencies are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Many people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand legacy and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes.
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
- Yeh Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 14th Ave Ste 100 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 455-5000 – View Map
- Brian Clark – State Farm Insurance Agent
2331 El Camino Ave – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 488-2212 – View Map
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If they find a lower price, the agent simply finds a different carrier which requires no work on your part.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you will definitely want to compare prices from independent agents to have the most options to choose from. Most also write with companies you’ve never heard of which can save you money.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Sacramento who can help you get comparison quotes.
- Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency
2021 P St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 313-6100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Welcome Financial Inc
1102 Jefferson Blvd c – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 231-3558 – View Map
- Apna Insurance Agency
3022 Stockton Blvd #5 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 454-4495 – View Map
Lower rates by being persistent
When getting Sacramento car insurance quotes online, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. In many instances, someone sacrificed liability limits or collision coverage only to regret that it was a big error on their part. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate, but do not skimp to save money.
You just read some good ideas how you can compare Lexus IS 350 insurance prices in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get rates for, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. You may even find the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. These companies can often provide lower rates in certain areas than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
For more information, link through to the following helpful articles:
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for High School Students? (FAQ)
- What if I Can’t Find Coverage? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)