Astonishing but true, a large majority of consumers kept their policy with the same company for four years or more, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never compared auto insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers could save roughly 35% every year, but they mistakenly think it’s difficult to save money by comparing rate quotes.
It takes a little time, but the best way to get low-cost Subaru Crosstrek insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from companies in Sacramento. Prices can be compared by completing these steps.
- Try to learn about how insurance works and the factors you can control to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that are responsible for high rates such as careless driving and a poor credit score can be improved by making minor changes in your lifestyle. Keep reading for additional ideas to get cheaper coverage and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies. View companies
- Compare the new rates to your current policy premium to see if cheaper Crosstrek coverage is available in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate and decide to switch, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One bit of advice is to compare the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rate quotes from every company you can. Doing this guarantees an accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Subaru Crosstrek Insurance Costs Can Be More Affordable
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at some of the things that are used to determine your policy premiums. If you know what influences your rates, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower insurance prices.
Listed below are most of the major factors utilized by car insurance companies to help set your rate level.
Deter vehicle theft – Choosing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can earn a premium discount. Anti-theft features like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart your vehicle from being stolen.
Raise coverage deductibles and save – Physical damage protection, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, helps pay for damage to your vehicle. A few examples of covered claims are a broken side mirror, flood damage, and having your car stolen. Deductibles for physical damage are the amount of money you are required to spend in the event of a claim. The higher the amount the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Combine policies with the same company – Some insurance companies will give a discount to people who consolidate policies with them, otherwise known as a multi-policy discount. Discounts can be ten percent or more. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s always a smart idea to check prices from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Consumers may save even more by buying from different companies
Safeguard your assets with liability coverage – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you when you are found to be at fault for personal injury or accident damage. It provides for a legal defense up to the limits shown on your policy. Liability insurance is quite affordable when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
Annual mileage and car insurance rates – The higher the mileage driven each year the higher your rate. A lot of insurance companies charge to insure your cars determined by how the vehicle is used. Autos used primarily for pleasure use can get a lower rate than those that get driven frequently. A policy that improperly rates your Crosstrek may be wasting your money. Make sure your insurance policy is showing annual mileage.
Discounts mean cheaper rates for Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Sacramento
Some insurance providers do not advertise the entire discount list in a way that’s easy to find, so below is a list both well-publicized as well as some of the hidden auto insurance savings. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings of 20% or more.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having a family member in the military could mean lower prices.
- No Charge for an Accident – Not necessarily a discount, but certain companies will let one accident slide before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you haven’t had any claims for a set time period.
- Discount for Life Insurance – If the company offers life insurance, you could get better prices if you take out life insurance from them.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Putting auto insurance coverage on a new Crosstrek is cheaper since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for signing up before your current coverage expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Organization Discounts – Belonging to a civic or occupational organization in Sacramento could trigger savings on auto insurance.
- Discount for Home Ownership – Owning your own home or condo can earn you a little savings because maintaining a house requires personal responsibility.
- Senior Citizen Discount – If you’re over the age of 55, you can possibly qualify for lower premium rates.
One thing to note about discounts is that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So when it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, nobody gets a free ride.
A list of companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO has discounts for anti-theft, air bags, good student, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and driver training.
- Travelers offers premium reductions for IntelliDrive, continuous insurance, early quote, payment discounts, hybrid/electric vehicle, multi-policy, and save driver.
- Nationwide may include discounts for defensive driving, business or organization, family plan, accident-free, Farm Bureau membership, and multi-policy.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for alternative fuel, multi-car, pay in full, bundle discounts, and good student.
- Esurance has savings for DriveSense, good driver, multi-car, Switch & Save, Pac-12 alumni, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driving training, driver’s education, passive restraint, multiple autos, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- Progressive discounts include continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, good student, online signing, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may have discounts that include location of vehicle, multi-car, type of vehicle, multi-policy, professional/association, age of vehicle, and ease of repair.
When quoting, ask each company which discounts can lower your rates. Some discounts might not be offered on policies everywhere.
Persistence will pay off
Cheaper insurance in Sacramento is available both online as well as from independent agents in Sacramento, and you should compare price quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies don’t offer price quotes online and these small, regional companies prefer to sell through independent insurance agencies.
Throughout this article, we presented some good ideas how you can get a better price on Subaru Crosstrek insurance in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more you quote Sacramento car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Sacramento car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the most savings is with some of the lesser-known companies. They may have significantly lower rates on certain market segments as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
More information is available on the following sites:
- Honda warning system reduces insurance claims (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Keeping Children Safe in Crashes Video (iihs.org)
- Understanding your Policy (NAIC.org)
- Senior Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Bodily Injury Coverage (Liberty Mutual)