A recent insurance study revealed that a large majority of drivers have been with the same company for over three years, and just under half have never taken the time to shop around. California insurance shoppers could pocket roughly $469 a year, but they don’t believe the amount of savings they would get if they switched to a cheaper policy.
To save the most money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates in Sacramento is to regularly compare prices from providers that sell auto insurance in California. Rates can be compared by following these steps.
- First, take a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the changes you can make to keep rates low. Many things that drive up the price such as high-risk driving behaviors and a bad credit score can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. Keep reading for more details to get better rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Second, quote rates from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. Doing this provides a fair rate comparison and the best rate selection.
Finding and comparing the lowest-priced car insurance policy in Sacramento is simple if you know the tricks. In essence, every driver who compares rate quotes for car insurance will probably find a lower-cost policy. Nevertheless, California consumers can benefit from knowing how insurance companies calculate their prices and use this information to your advantage.
When comparing auto insurance rates, know that comparing more quotes helps increase your odds of locating the best offered rates. Not every company allows you to get price estimates online, so it’s necessary to compare quotes from the smaller companies as well.
The following companies have been selected to offer quotes in Sacramento, CA. To find cheap auto insurance in CA, we suggest you compare several of them to get the most affordable price.
These discounts can reduce Tesla Model 3 insurance rates
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time you complete a quote, but some may not be applied and must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Driving Data Discount – Insureds who allow driving data submission to monitor driving habits by using a telematics device in their vehicle such as In-Drive from State Farm or Allstate’s Drivewise system might get better premium rates if they have good driving habits.
- 55 and Retired – Older drivers may be able to get reduced rates.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Cars that have air bags can get savings as much as 30%.
- Government Employees – Federal government employees could cut as much as 10% off with some insurance companies.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Bundled Policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with one insurance company you could get a discount of nearly 15% which can help you find the cheapest Tesla Model 3 insurance in Sacramento.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Accident-free drivers can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
A quick disclaimer, most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. Even though it may seem like all those discounts means the company will pay you, it’s just not the way it works. But any discount should help lower the cost of coverage.
If you would like to see a list of providers with the best discounts in California, click this link.
Why car insurance is not optional
Despite the high cost, maintaining insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability protection if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Tesla, it’s guaranteed your bank will require you to have full coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Tesla at a significantly higher premium and require you to pay for it.
- Insurance protects your Tesla Model 3 and your assets. It will also pay for all forms of medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Tesla gets damaged, your car insurance policy will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance are definitely more than the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. As of last year, the average driver in California overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Car insurance is unique, just like you
When it comes to the best car insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique and your policy should reflect that.
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if you will benefit from professional help.
- What discounts do I qualify for?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Tesla Model 3?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
- When can I cancel my policy?
- Do I have coverage when using my vehicle for my home business?
- Is my Tesla Model 3 covered if I use it for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions but you know they apply to you, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you want to speak to an agent in your area, complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier
Compare prices but buy from a local neighborhood Sacramento car insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that can be a smart move One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Supporting local insurance agents is especially important in Sacramento.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information is submitted to local insurance agents that can give you free Sacramento auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no need to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you. You can get cheaper insurance rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a price quote from a specific insurance company, you can always visit that company’s website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Insurance agents are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Independent Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel do not have single company limitations and that allows them to write policies through many different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and that require little work on your part.
If you need lower rates, it’s a good idea to include rate quotes from several independent agencies to ensure the widest selection of prices.
Shown below is a list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you price quotes.
Leland Insurance Agency
910 Florin Rd # 108 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-1309 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Rielli Insurance and Financial Services LLC
7 Parkcenter Dr #125 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 234-1490 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents that elect to be exclusive generally can only insure with one company and examples are State Farm, Allstate and AAA. They are unable to place coverage with different providers so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are usually quite knowledgeable on sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive agents that can give you price quotes.
Picking the best insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap price quote. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?