It’s easy to assume that auto insurance companies don’t want policyholders to compare prices from other companies. Insureds who shop around once a year will presumably switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a policy with more affordable rates. Remarkably, a study showed that drivers who made a habit of comparing rates saved approximately $860 a year compared to people who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest rates on insurance is your objective, learning the best way to quote and compare cheaper coverage can help you be more efficient.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to get discount auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers who provide car insurance in California. You can compare rates by completing these steps.
- First, try to learn a little about how insurance works and the changes you can make to prevent high rates. Many things that result in higher prices such as distracted driving and a less-than-favorable credit rating can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple insurance companies. Begin your rate comparison
- Third, compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if you can save on Yaris iA insurance in Sacramento. If you can save money, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new policy. Make sure you place the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of shopping around is to use identical limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this enables an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price selection.
Finding a better price on insurance is actually quite simple. All that’s required is to take time to compare rates to find out which insurance company has the cheapest Toyota Yaris iA rate quotes.
The companies shown below can provide free rate quotes in California. If your goal is to find cheap auto insurance in CA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Three reasons insurance is important
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Toyota in Sacramento, insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, almost all states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your vehicle has a lienholder, most banks will require you to buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender may insure your Toyota at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
Third, insurance preserves not only your Toyota Yaris iA but also your financial assets. It will also cover medical expenses for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses in the event you are sued. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of buying insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, especially for larger claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying more than $850 per year so you should quote and compare rates at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Eight factors that influence insurance prices
Smart consumers have a good feel for some of the factors that come into play when calculating the price you pay for auto insurance. If you know what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables informed choices that can help you get lower premium levels. Many factors are considered when premium rates are determined. Some are obvious such as your driving history, although others are less obvious such as whether you are married or how financially stable you are.
The following are a few of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
- Extra coverages push up rates – There are many additional extra coverages that sound like a good idea at the time on your Yaris iA policy. Coverage for things like rental car coverage, towing coverage, and membership fees are some examples. These may sound like a good investment when talking to your agent, but if they’re wasting money eliminate the coverages to reduce your premium.
- Where you live – Living in areas with lower population is a good thing when insuring your vehicles. People who live in big cities have traffic congestion and more severe claims. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Marriage is a factor – Walking down the aisle may earn you lower rates on auto insurance. Having a significant other means you’re more mature than a single person and insurance companies reward insureds because drivers who are married file infrequent claims.
- Is your vehicle theft-ready? – Purchasing a vehicle with advanced anti-theft systems can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft prevention devices such as vehicle immobilizer systems, OnStar, and tracking devices like LoJack can help prevent auto theft.
- Cheaper premiums for being claim-free – Companies in California generally give most affordable rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you are the type of insured that files lots of claims you can pretty much guarantee higher premiums or even policy non-renewal. Insurance coverage is meant to be used in the event of claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- How do annual miles impact costs? – Driving more miles in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. Most insurance companies calculate prices based on their usage. Vehicles that do not get driven very much receive lower rates than those used for commuting. Double check that your auto insurance declarations sheet states the proper vehicle usage, because it can save money. Improper usage on your Yaris iA may be costing you.
- Age of drivers – Youthful drivers in California are statistically shown to be inattentive and easily distracted when behind the wheel so auto insurance rates are higher. Adding a first-time driver onto your auto insurance can cause a big jump in price. More experienced drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and usually have better credit.
- What’s your car’s crash test rating? – Safer cars tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles help reduce the chance of injuries in an accident and better occupant protection translates into fewer and smaller insurance claims which can mean better rates for you. If your Toyota Yaris iA is rated at least four stars on Safercar.gov or an “acceptable” rating on iihs.org you may pay a lower rate.
Insurance policy discounts for Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Sacramento
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but there are discounts available that may help make it more affordable. A few discounts will automatically apply when you get a quote, but a few need to be asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- E-sign – A handful of larger companies give back up to $50 shop Sacramento auto insurance on your computer.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Drivers who require all occupants to buckle their seat belts can save a little off the medical payments premium.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks that have anti-lock braking systems have fewer accidents and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Being a homeowner can help you save on insurance since owning and maintaining a home demonstrates responsibility.
- Low Mileage – Fewer annual miles on your Toyota may enable drivers to earn discounted prices on garaged vehicles.
- Multiple Policy Discount – If you combine your homeowners and auto policies and insure them with the same company they may give you a discount of over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
You should keep in mind that some credits don’t apply to all coverage premiums. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Just because you may think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
Car insurance companies that have these benefits may include but are not limited to:
If you are trying to find affordable Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not be offered in your state.
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When it comes to proper insurance coverage, there isn’t really a “perfect” insurance plan. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions may help you determine if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- What are the financial responsibility laws in my state?
- Can I still get insurance after a DUI?
- Do I pay less for low miles?
- Should I buy full coverage?
- What is the rate difference between pleasure use and commuting?
- How much underlying liability do I need for an umbrella policy?
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Does my insurance cover my expensive audio equipment?
- How high should my medical payments coverage be?
- What is covered by UM/UIM coverage?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions then you might want to talk to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It only takes a few minutes and may give you better protection.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers just want to visit with an insurance agent and doing so can bring peace of mind Agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. One of the great benefits of getting free rate quotes online is that you can find lower premium rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying insurance from local insurance agencies is especially important in Sacramento.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Sacramento who will give you quotes to get your business. You don’t have to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, feel free to visit that company’s website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want to buy insurance from a reliable agent, there are two types of agencies and how they can write your policy. Agencies in Sacramento are either exclusive or independent. Either one can write policy coverage, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it can affect which agent you choose.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with many different companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can just switch to a different company and that require little work on your part. When searching for an agent, you should always compare quotes from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options. A lot of them also have access to small regional insurance companies which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a small list of independent agents in Sacramento who may provide free insurance rate quotes.
- McGee and Thielen Insurance Brokers
3840 Rosin Ct #245 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (800) 901-9636 – View Map
- Valley Surety Insurance
947 Enterprise Dr # A – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 567-6676 – View Map
- Jack-Novicio Insurance Agency, Inc.
3400 Watt Ave #204 – Sacramento, CA 95821 – (916) 783-0000 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents have only one company to place business with like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so keep that in mind. Exclusive insurance agents are well trained on what they offer which can be an advantage. Consumers frequently buy insurance from these agents partially due to the prominent brand name rather than having the cheapest rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
- Yeh Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 14th Ave Ste 100 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 455-5000 – View Map
- Wally Navarrette – State Farm Insurance Agent
4030 S Land Park Dr d – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 454-5331 – View Map
- Monique Ambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
4331 Truxel Rd Ste G3 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 928-4747 – View Map
Choosing the best insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a low price. Any agent in Sacramento should have no problem answering these questions:
- How often do they review coverages?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
- If you have an accident, are you able to get your vehicle repaired at the shop of your choice?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- How much experience to they have in personal lines coverages?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- How much can you save by raising your physical damage deductibles?
Affordable auto insurance rates are out there
Insureds leave their current company for a variety of reasons including delays in paying claims, lack of trust in their agent, high rates after DUI convictions or even poor customer service. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch finding a new company is actually quite simple.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Toyota Yaris iA insurance prices online in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your rates. Drivers may even discover the lowest prices come from a small mutual company.
Cheap Toyota Yaris iA insurance in Sacramento is available both online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both so you have a total pricing picture. A few companies do not offer the ability to get quotes online and these regional insurance providers only sell through independent insurance agencies.
Additional detailed information is available in these articles:
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Quotes for Single Moms in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Distracted Driving (Insurance Information Institute)
- Side Impact Crash Tests (iihs.org)
- Prom Night Tips for Teen Drivers (State Farm)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)