Are you tired of overpaying and want more affordable auto insurance rates in Sacramento, CA? Sacramento buyers have options when searching for low-cost Volkswagen Tiguan insurance. They can either waste time calling around to compare prices or leverage the internet to get rate quotes. There is a right way and a wrong way to compare auto insurance rates so we’re going to tell you the proper way to compare rates for a Volkswagen and get the best price possible.
If you have coverage now or need new coverage, use these tips to get lower rates without reducing coverage. The purpose of this post is to familiarize you with the most effective way to quote insurance and some money-saving tips. Shoppers only have to learn the proper methods to buy auto insurance online from multiple companies.
Lower rates by qualifying for discounts
Car insurance is not inexpensive, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that you may not know about. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be asked about prior to receiving the credit.
- Distant Student – College-age children who are enrolled in a college that is more than 100 miles from Sacramento and do not take a car to college may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Theft Prevention System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems have a lower chance of being stolen and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Active Military Service – Having an actively deployed family member could be rewarded with lower rates.
- Senior Citizens – Seniors may be able to get lower premium rates.
- Good Student Discount – This discount may save you up to 25%. Many companies even apply the discount to college students up until you turn 25.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your home and auto policy with one company you could save approximately 10% to 15%.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning your own home or condo can help you save on car insurance due to the fact that maintaining a home means you have a higher level of financial diligence.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
Consumers should know that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the whole policy. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like physical damage coverage or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears it’s possible to get free car insurance, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business.
The diagram below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan car insurance rates with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The data is based on a female driver, no claims or driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-policy, and marriage discounts applied.
For a list of insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, click here to view.
The quickest method we recommend to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to understand auto insurance companies have advanced systems to quote your coverage. To start a quote, the only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as if you’re married, whether or not you need a SR-22, coverage limits, and if your license is active. That information is instantly submitted to insurance carriers in your area and they return rate quotes with very little delay.
To check Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below can provide price quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you visit as many as you can in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Insurance analysis for a Volkswagen Tiguan
The coverage information displayed below highlights different insurance premium costs for Volkswagen Tiguan models. Learning more about how prices are established can help guide drivers when making informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$366||$776||$488||$28||$146||$1,804||$150|
|Tiguan S 2WD||$366||$776||$488||$28||$146||$1,804||$150|
|Tiguan SE 4Motion AWD||$412||$914||$488||$28||$146||$1,988||$166|
|Tiguan SEL 4Motion AWD||$412||$914||$488||$28||$146||$1,988||$166|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Price data assumes single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Prices do not factor in Sacramento location which can alter rates noticeably.
Volkswagen Tiguan annual premiums for males versus females
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no claims, a clean driving record, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, marital status is single, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Should you buy full coverage?
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Volkswagen Tiguan car insurance costs with full coverage compared to only the California minimum liability coverage. The rate quotes are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, drivers are single, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no exact formula of when to eliminate full coverage, but there is a broad guideline. If the yearly cost of comp and collision coverage is about 10% or more of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
For example, let’s assume your Volkswagen Tiguan settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying your deductible. If premiums are more than $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not opt for liability only.
Sacramento Insurance Premiums are Influenced by These Factors
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the factors that come into play when calculating the rates you pay for insurance. If you have some idea of what determines premiums, this enables you to make decisions that could help you find lower insurance prices. Lots of things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, although some other factors are more transparent such as your marital status or your commute time.
The following are just a few of the factors insurance companies consider when setting your rates.
- Car plus home equals more savings – The majority of insurers give a discount to clients who have multiple policies with them in the form of a multi-policy discount. The amount of the discounts can be 10 percent or more. Even with this discount, it’s still a good idea to shop around to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
- Location can modify price – Residing in areas with lower population has it’s advantages when shopping for auto insurance. Drivers in populated areas have to deal with congested traffic and much longer commute distances. Fewer drivers means a lower chance of having an accident and lower theft and vandalism rates.
- Cheaper rates with high comp and collision deductibles – Insurance for physical damage to your car, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, protects your Volkswagen from damage. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be collision with another vehicle, vandalism, and damage caused by flying debris. Physical damage deductibles define the amount you are required to pay if you file a covered claim. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
- Never let your policy expire – Driving with no insurance is not a good idea and insurance companies will penalize you for letting your insurance lapse. And not only will insurance be more expensive, being ticketed for driving with no insurance could earn you fines and jail time.
Traffic violations are costly – Drivers who don’t get tickets pay less for auto insurance as compared to careless drivers. Having just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates forty percent or more. Drivers unfortunate enough to have flagrant violations such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to file a proof of financial responsibility form (SR-22) with the DMV in their state in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The illustration below shows how traffic citations and accidents can impact Volkswagen Tiguan insurance costs for each age group. The premiums are based on a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, $250 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Do you have a demanding employer? – Do you work in a high-stress field? Jobs like fire fighters, police officers, and accountants tend to have higher average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. On the flip side, jobs such as professors, athletes and retirees have lower than average premiums.
- Having a spouse can save on insurance – Having a wife or husband can actually save you money when buying insurance. Marriage means you’re less irresponsible and statistics show drivers who are married are more cautious.
Volkswagen Tiguan insurance loss data – Insurance companies use historical loss data when they file their rates in each state. Vehicles that the statistics show to have higher frequency or amount of claims will be charged more to insure.
The table below demonstrates the historical loss data for Volkswagen Tiguan vehicles. For each coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, without regard to make or model, equals 100. Numbers that are below 100 represent a good loss history, while values over 100 indicate more frequent claims or statistically larger claims.
Volkswagen Tiguan Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 2WD 84 98 67 75 91 89 Volkswagen Tiguan 4dr 4WD 93 101 85 82 80 90BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Compare rates but buy from a local Sacramento insurance agent
Some people still prefer to visit with an insurance agent and that is a smart decision Good agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help you file claims. The best thing about comparing rate quotes online is you can get the best rates and still buy from a local agent.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this quick form, your coverage information gets sent to participating agents in Sacramento who will give you bids and help you find cheaper coverage. You won’t need to find an agent since rate quotes are delivered directly to you. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a particular provider, you just need to visit that company’s website and submit a quote form there.
Picking the best insurer should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Agents should be asked these questions:
- How does the company pay claims for a total loss?
- Do they offer accident forgiveness?
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
- Will high miles depreciate repair valuations?
- How often do they review policy coverages?
If you would like to find a reliable insurance agency, there are two different types of agents and how they operate. Agencies in Sacramento are categorized either independent or exclusive. Both sell auto insurance policies, but it is important to understand the difference in the companies they write for since it can impact your agent selection.
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices like Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot give you multiple price quotes so always compare other rates. They are very knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. A lot of people use the same exclusive agent mostly because of loyalty to the company and the convenience of having all coverages with one company.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento who can help you get price quote information.
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
- Travis Beyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2455 Jefferson Blvd #115 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 375-0144 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Wayne Wong
2015 Q St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 760-7858 – View Map
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Independent insurance agents can quote rates with many companies and that enables them to quote your coverage with any number of different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your agent finds better pricing, they simply switch companies in-house which requires no work on your part. When shopping rates, we recommend you get insurance quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection. They often place coverage with companies that do not advertise much that can offer cheaper rates than bigger companies.
Listed below are Sacramento independent agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency
2021 P St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 313-6100 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Wellco Insurance Agency Inc
6905 Stockton Blvd Ste 230 – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 399-8113 – View Map
- Valley Surety Insurance
947 Enterprise Dr # A – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 567-6676 – View Map
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, most likely you have located an insurance agency that meets the requirements to service your policy.
Three reasons insurance is important
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Sacramento, paying for insurance is not optional due to several reasons.
- Almost all states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires a specific level of liability insurance coverage in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Volkswagen with a loan, most lenders will require you to buy insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Volkswagen at an extremely high rate and require you to reimburse them for the expensive policy.
- Insurance protects both your Volkswagen Tiguan and your assets. It will also cover hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay attorney fees if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your insurance policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your Tiguan more than offset the price you pay, especially for larger claims. But the average driver in California overpays as much as $700 annually so compare quotes from several companies at every renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Best auto insurance in Sacramento
Choosing the right auto insurance company can be a challenge considering how many choices drivers have in California. The company information below can help you choose which insurers to look at when comparing rate quotes.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Smart consumers save more
Some insurance providers may not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies only sell through independent agents. Low-cost Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Sacramento is attainable from both online companies in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, and you should be comparing both in order to have the best price selection to choose from.
People who switch companies do it for any number of reasons including high prices, questionable increases in premium, denial of a claim and high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch choosing a new company is not as difficult as it may seem.
We just showed you many ideas to compare Volkswagen Tiguan insurance prices in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more price quotes you have, the higher the chance of saving money. You may even be surprised to find that the best price on auto insurance is with an unexpected company.
How to find low-cost rates for Volkswagen Tiguan insurance in Sacramento
The most effective way to find low-cost auto insurance rates is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurers in Sacramento.
Step 1: Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many factors that increase rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
Step 2: Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote prices from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to determine if you can save on Tiguan insurance in Sacramento. If you find a lower rate quote and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
A good tip to remember is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to compare all possible companies. Doing this provides a level playing field and a complete price analysis.
Additional information can be found below:
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)
- How Much are Auto Insurance Rates for a 20 Year Old Female in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Real Estate Agents in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Car Insurance Quotes for Felons in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)