If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get more affordable Volvo C70 insurance in Sacramento is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who sell insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by completing these steps.
- Spend some time learning about how your policy works and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as accidents, careless driving, and an unfavorable credit rating can be eliminated by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes. Read the full article for instructions to get cheaper rates and earn a bigger discount.
- Quote rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Give proper notification to your current agent or company of your decision to cancel your current policy. Submit the signed application along with the required initial payment for the new coverage. Immediately upon receiving it, keep the new proof of insurance certificate along with your vehicle registration.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on each quote request and to quote with as many carriers as you can. Doing this helps ensure an apples-to-apples comparison and the best price quote selection.
Amazingly, most car insurance customers kept buying from the same company for well over three years, and about 40% of consumers have never compared rates to find cheap insurance. Sacramento drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t want to do a rate comparison.
If you’re already insured or are shopping for new coverage, you can use these techniques to lower your rates without reducing protection. This information will teach you how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. Smart buyers only need an understanding of the most time-saving way to compare different rates from many different companies online.
The majority of larger companies like Progressive, Allstate and GEICO allow consumers to get coverage price quotes from their websites. Obtaining pricing for Volvo C70 insurance in Sacramento is fairly straightforward because you just enter your personal and coverage information into the form. When the form is submitted, the quote system gets information on your driving record and credit history and provides a quote based on the information you submitted.
Getting online price quotes for Volvo C70 insurance in Sacramento simplifies rate comparisons, and it’s absolutely necessary to get many rate quotes if you want to find lower-cost auto insurance pricing.
To quickly compare rates using this form now, consider comparing rates from the companies shown below. If you have a policy now, it’s recommended that you enter deductibles and limits as shown on your current policy. This makes sure you are getting rate comparison quotes using the exact same coverages.
The following companies can provide comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. To buy cheap car insurance in CA, we recommend you click on several of them to get the best price comparison.
The premium table displayed below outlines detailed analysis of insurance policy prices for Volvo C70 models. Learning how premiums are calculated can aid in making decisions on the best policy coverages.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|C70 T5 2-Dr Convertible||$186||$362||$280||$16||$84||$928||$77|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, homeowner, multi-vehicle, safe-driver, and multi-policy. Table data does not factor in garaging location in Sacramento which can raise or lower price quotes noticeably.
The information below demonstrates how choosing different deductibles and can change Volvo C70 insurance costs for each age group. Data assumes a single male driver, full physical damage coverage, and no policy discounts are applied.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The chart below illustrates the difference between Volvo C70 car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premium estimates are based on no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, single status, and no policy discounts are applied.
Are you wasting money paying for full coverage?
There is no definitive guideline of when to exclude full coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of your full coverage insurance is more than around 10% of the settlement you would receive from your company, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Volvo C70 settlement value is $8,000 and you have $1,000 policy deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $7,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $700 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to buy liability only.
There are some conditions where eliminating full coverage is not financially feasible. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the even your car is totaled, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Three reasons to not skimp on insurance
Despite the high cost of buying insurance for a Volvo C70 in Sacramento, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means the state requires specific minimum amounts of liability insurance in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your vehicle has a lienholder, almost every bank will make it mandatory that you have full coverage to guarantee loan repayment. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the bank may buy a policy for your Volvo at a more expensive rate and require you to pay the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your Volvo C70 but also your assets. Insurance will pay for many types of medical costs for not only you but also any passengers injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of having insurance greatly outweigh the cost, specifically if you ever have a liability claim. But the average American driver overpays as much as $869 every year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Insurance Rate Influencing Factors
Lots of factors are part of the calculation when quoting car insurance. Some factors are common sense like a motor vehicle report, but other criteria are more obscure like where you live and annual miles driven.
Better drivers pay less – Having a single ticket can bump up the cost substantially. Good drivers receive lower rates than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have license-revoking violations like reckless driving or DUI may be required to maintain a SR-22 with their state in order to prevent their license from being revoked.
The illustration below shows how speeding tickets and at-fault accidents can impact Volvo C70 insurance prices for different categories of driver ages. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no policy discounts are applied.
- Limits of liability – Your policy’s liability coverage will afford coverage in the event that you are found to be at fault for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your liability coverage provides legal defense coverage which can cost a lot. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to other policy coverages, so drivers should carry high limits.
- A good credit rating can save money – Having a good credit rating factor in determining your rates. So if your credit history can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Volvo C70 by repairing your credit. Consumers who have very high credit ratings tend to file fewer claims than drivers with bad credit.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper insurance – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. The safest vehicles have better occupant injury protection and fewer injuries means lower claim amounts which can mean better rates for you.
- Lower prices with alarm systems – Driving a car that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all hinder your car from being stolen.
Is your car built for speed? – The type of car you need insurance for makes a significant difference in your premium level. The lowest premiums are usually found on small economy passenger cars, but the cost you end up paying is determined by many additional factors.
The following chart is based on a single male driver age 40, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. It illustrates Volvo C70 insurance premiums compared to other makes and models that have a range of risk factors.
- Low mileage costs less – Driving a lot of miles each year the more it will cost to insure it. Most insurance companies rate vehicles based on how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure compared to those used for work or business. It’s a good idea to make sure your declarations sheet properly reflects annual mileage. An improperly rated C70 may be wasting your money.
Cheaper Sacramento insurance quotes with discounts
Car insurance can cost a lot, but discounts can save money and there are some available to cut the cost considerably. Some discounts will apply when you complete an application, but some need to be asked about in order for you to get them.
- Telematics Data – Drivers who elect to allow their company to analyze when and where they use their vehicle remotely like In-Drive from State Farm and Progressive’s Snapshot could see a rate decrease if they have good driving habits.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home to go to college and do not take a car to college can receive lower rates.
- Defensive Driver – Completing a class that teaches defensive driver techniques is a good idea and can lower rates if you qualify.
- Drivers Education – Make teen driver coverage more affordable by requiring them to successfully complete driver’s ed class if offered at their school.
- Discounts for Safe Drivers – Drivers who avoid accidents can pay as much as 50% less than drivers with accident claims.
- Multi-policy Discount – If you insure your home and vehicles and place coverage with the same company they may give you a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- No Claims – Drivers with accident-free driving histories have much lower rates in comparison to bad drivers.
Discounts lower rates, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to specific coverage prices like comprehensive or collision. So when the math indicates having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn’t work that way.
The information below shows the comparison of Volvo C70 insurance costs with and without discounts. The premiums are based on a female driver, no violations or claims, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-policy, multi-car, claim-free, homeowner, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and a partial list of their discounts can be found below.
- 21st Century may offer discounts for 55 and older, good student, automatic seat belts, air bags, defensive driver, and student driver.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, online signing, and good student.
- State Farm offers discounts for defensive driving training, student away at school, safe vehicle, multiple policy, and Drive Safe & Save.
- Nationwide has savings for business or organization, easy pay, multi-policy, accident-free, good student, defensive driving, and anti-theft.
- Esurance offers discounts including anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, emergency road assistance, online shopper, and homeowner.
- The Hartford offers premium reductions for air bag, defensive driver, bundle, good student, vehicle fuel type, and driver training.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered in Sacramento. To find insurance companies with the best discounts in California, click here to view.
Car insurance can get complicated
When choosing coverage online or from an agent for your vehicles, there really is not a one size fits all plan. Your situation is unique and your car insurance should be unique as well.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you may require specific advice.
- How do I file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Why do I need rental car insurance?
- Does coverage follow the driver or the vehicle?
- Do I have coverage when pulling a U-Haul trailer?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is business property covered if stolen from my car?
If you can’t answer these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and can help protect your family.
Buying car insurance from Sacramento insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to sit down and talk to an agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Most agents will help you protect your assets and help file insurance claims. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent. And buying from local agents is important especially in Sacramento.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency since price quotes are sent to your email. If for some reason you want to get a rate quote from a specific car insurance provider, you can always find their quoting web page and submit a quote form there.
If you are wanting to find a local agent, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Agents can be categorized as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can provide car insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference in how they write coverage because it can impact your selection of an agent.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company so as a result can place your coverage with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a cheaper price, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to find a new agent.
When comparing car insurance prices, you will definitely want to check rates from independent agents to get the most accurate price comparison. They often place coverage with less well-known companies which can save you money.
Shown below are independent agencies in Sacramento who may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
- Morelos Insurance Agency
5346 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 482-5500 – View Map
- The United Brokers Insurance Agency Inc
7750 College Town Dr #101 – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (877) 223-4437 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ham Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Del Paso Rd e – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 419-8228 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel generally can only insure with one company like State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are not able to compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives primarily because of the prominence of the brand instead of buying on price only.
The following is a short list of exclusive agencies in Sacramento who can help you get rate quotes.
- Allstate Insurance: John Chandler
900 Jefferson Blvd #110 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 374-1600 – View Map
- Ron Andre – State Farm Insurance Agent
394 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-2918 – View Map
- State Farm Insurance: Max Lam
2840 Del Paso Rd #300 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 575-7600 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Are glass claims handled on-site or do you have to take your vehicle to a repair shop?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Where are claims handled?
- Are they able to provide referrals?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Sacramento?
After talking to the agent and getting positive feedback to these questions as well as the cheapest Volvo C70 insurance in Sacramento quotes, you may have just found an auto insurance agent that meets the requirements to service your policy.
One last note
As you quote Sacramento car insurance, it’s very important that you do not skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many cases, an accident victim reduced collision coverage only to discover later they didn’t purchase enough coverage. Your goal is to buy the best coverage you can find at the best possible price and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-friendly auto insurance in Sacramento is available online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, and you should compare price quotes from both to get a complete price analysis. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and most of the time these small, regional companies work with independent agencies.
We just showed you many ideas to find cheaper Volvo C70 insurance in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more rate quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Sacramento car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from the smaller companies. Regional companies may only write in your state and offer lower car insurance rates than their larger competitors like State Farm or Progressive.
For more information, feel free to browse the resources below:
- Car Insurance FAQ (Trusted Choice)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Quotes for Low Credit Scores in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for First-time Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance Quotes for Young Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Ford Escape in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Safety Features for Your New Car (State Farm)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)
- Reducing Your Risks in a Car Crash Video (iihs.org)