Anyone knows that car insurance companies don’t want you to compare rates. People who rate shop once a year are inclined to buy a different policy because there is a great chance of getting low-cost coverage. A recent survey revealed that people who compared price quotes annually saved an average of $865 a year compared to people who never shopped around.
If finding the lowest price for auto insurance is why you’re here, understanding how to find and compare coverage rates can save time and make the process easier.
The preferred way to get discount Volvo S60 insurance is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who can sell car insurance in Sacramento.
- Read about what is in your policy and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates such as high-risk driving behaviors and an unfavorable credit rating can be controlled by being financially responsible and driving safely. Continue reading for tips to help reduce premium rates and get bigger discounts.
- Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only quote rates from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from many different companies.
- Compare the quotes to your existing policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money and switch companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to make sure you’re comparing identical coverages on each quote request and and to get quotes from every company you can. Doing this provides the most accurate price comparison and a good representation of prices.
When comparison shopping, there are several ways to compare rate quotes from insurance companies in your area. The best way to comparison shop is to use the internet to compare rates. When quoting insurance, remember that more quotes will enable you to find lower pricing. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide Sacramento S60 insurance quotes online, so it’s recommended that you also compare prices on coverage from those companies, too.
The companies shown below are ready to provide quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, we recommend you click on several of them in order to find the most competitive rates.
Protect your Volvo S60 and other assets
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Volvo in Sacramento, car insurance is required for several reasons.
- Almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability protection if you want to drive legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Volvo, most lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo at a more expensive rate and force you to pay the higher price.
- Car insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It also can pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If damage is caused by hail or an accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of buying car insurance are without a doubt worth the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so it’s recommended you shop around every year to make sure the price is not too high.
Save money on Volvo S60 insurance in Sacramento with these discounts
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you might find some hidden discounts that you may not know about. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at the time of purchase, but less common discounts must be specially asked for prior to receiving the credit.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volvo may enable drivers to earn cheaper premium rates.
- Data Collection Discounts – People who choose to allow their insurance company to track driving habits by installing a telematics device such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive might get better premium rates if they exhibit good driving behavior.
- Full Payment Discount – By paying your entire bill at once as opposed to paying monthly you can avoid monthly service charges.
- E-sign Discounts – Many auto insurance companies will give a small break for signing up online.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Insuring multiple vehicles with one company can get a discount for every vehicle.
- Sacramento Homeowners Pay Less – Simply owning a home can help you save on auto insurance because it demonstrates responsibility.
- No Charge for an Accident – This one isn’t a discount, but companies like GEICO and Allstate will allow you to have one accident without getting socked with a rate hike if your claims history is clear for a certain period of time.
- Discounts for Good Drivers – Drivers without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates as compared to drivers with claims.
While discounts sound great, it’s important to understand that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. The majority will only reduce individual premiums such as comprehensive or collision. So even though they make it sound like all the discounts add up to a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
A list of companies and some of their more popular discounts are outlined below.
- Progressive offers discounts including online signing, online quote discount, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, homeowner, continuous coverage, and good student.
- GEICO policyholders can earn discounts including membership and employees, defensive driver, air bags, emergency military deployment, good student, and daytime running lights.
- State Farm has savings for passive restraint, student away at school, multiple autos, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and anti-theft.
- Esurance may include discounts for good student, Pac-12 alumni, anti-theft, homeowner, multi-car, and Switch & Save.
- The Hartford offers discounts for bundle, defensive driver, good student, driver training, air bag, vehicle fuel type, and anti-theft.
If you want the cheapest Volvo S60 rate quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts they offer. All car insurance discounts may not apply everywhere. To find insurers that offer some of these discounts in California, follow this link.
What is the best car insurance company in California?
Insuring your vehicle with the right auto insurance company can be challenging considering how many choices you have in Sacramento. The information below can help you choose which insurers you want to consider comparing rates from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance