Overpriced car insurance in Sacramento can dry up your monthly budget, especially in this economy. Doing a rate analysis is a great way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
A study showed that most drivers in California have been with the same company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates to find affordable insurance. American drivers could save an average of almost $859 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they just don’t understand the rate savings if they bought a different policy. Consumers have many car insurance companies to pick from, and even though it’s nice to have multiple companies, it can be more difficult to compare rates for Chevy Cruze insurance in Sacramento.
How to lower your Chevy Cruze insurance cost in Sacramento, California
Most larger insurance companies such as State Farm, Allstate and GEICO allow you to get prices online. Obtaining pricing for Chevy Cruze insurance in Sacramento doesn’t take much effort as you simply enter your coverage preferences into the form. Upon sending the form, the system will order credit information and your driving record and returns a price. Getting online rate quotes for Chevy Cruze insurance in Sacramento makes it a lot easier to compare rates and it’s very important to do this if you want to find the best rate on insurance.
To get comparison pricing now, visit the companies below or click here to submit a quote request to multiple companies at once. If you have coverage now, it’s recommended you type in the coverage information as close as possible to your current policy. Using the same limits helps guarantee you will have a fair comparison based on similar coverages.
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. To get cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you visit as many as you can to get the cheapest price.
Get cheaper Chevy Cruze insurance in Sacramento with discounts
Some insurers don’t always advertise every possible discount very clearly, so the list below contains some of the more common and also the lesser-known discounts you could be receiving when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Savings for New Vehicles – Insuring a new Cruze can save up to 30% because newer vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies reward drivers for renewing your policy prior to your current Cruze insurance policy expiration. This can save 10% or more.
- Government Employee Discount – Active or retired federal employment may reduce rates when you quote Sacramento car insurance with some insurance companies.
- Driving Data Discount – Sacramento drivers who agree to allow data collection to look at driving patterns remotely like Allstate’s Drivewise might get better premium rates if they show good driving skills.
- Home Ownership Discount – Owning a home in Sacramento can save a few bucks since owning and maintaining a home requires personal responsibility.
- Professional Memberships – Having an affiliation with a qualifying organization could earn you a nice discount on your policy.
- Senior Discount – Older drivers can possibly qualify for a discount up to 10%.
- Defensive Driving Course – Passing a class that teaches driver safety techniques could cut 5% off your bill and easily recoup the cost of the course.
- Safe Driver Discount – Accident-free drivers could pay up to 40% less than drivers with accidents.
- Driver’s Ed – Have your child successfully take a driver’s education course in high school.
Don’t be surprised that some credits don’t apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to specific coverage prices like physical damage coverage or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you won’t be that lucky.
A few of the larger companies and a selection of discounts are outlined below.
- Farmers Insurance has discounts for mature driver, teen driver, distant student, electronic funds transfer, bundle discounts, early shopping, and alternative fuel.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-theft, claim free, multi-policy, multi-car, renters, good student, and defensive driver.
- State Farm may offer discounts for passive restraint, good driver, Steer Clear safe driver discount, defensive driving training, and good student.
- GEICO includes discounts for anti-theft, membership and employees, anti-lock brakes, five-year accident-free, federal employee, and emergency military deployment.
- Allstate discounts include farm vehicle, new car, anti-theft, resident student, good student, 55 and retired, and premier discount.
It’s a good idea to ask each insurance company the best way to save money. Some discounts might not be offered in Sacramento. To locate insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
Auto insurance just makes sense
Despite the fact that auto insurance is not cheap in Sacramento, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
First, the majority of states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you bought your vehicle with a loan, most banks will require that you carry insurance to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you cancel or allow the policy to lapse, the lender will be forced to insure your Chevy at a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, auto insurance preserves both your assets and your car. It will also reimburse you for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability insurance, one of your policy coverages, also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your Chevy gets damaged, collision and comprehensive coverages will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of buying enough insurance more than offset the price you pay, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is overpaying over $865 each year so you should quote rates at least once a year to ensure rates are competitive.
Your insurance coverage should be tailored to you
Always keep in mind that when comparing the best insurance coverage, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs.
For example, these questions could help you determine whether or not you would benefit from professional advice.
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- Is my teenager covered with friends in the car?
- Is rental equipment covered for theft or damage?
- Do I have coverage if I rent a car in Mexico?
- If I drive on a suspended license am I covered?
- Should I put collision coverage on all my vehicles?
- What policy terms are available?
- Do I have coverage when making deliveries for my home business?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Buying from auto insurance agents
Some people still like to talk to an insurance agent and there is nothing wrong with that. Experienced insurance agents can help determine the best coverages and help file insurance claims. An additional benefit of comparing insurance prices online is you can get lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. And supporting neighborhood agents is important especially in Sacramento.
After completing this quick form, the coverage information is submitted to participating agents in Sacramento that can provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your coverage. There is no need to find an agent on your own since price quotes are sent to your email. In the event you want to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
When searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies to choose from. Sacramento agents are considered either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either one can sell affordable auto insurance policies, but it’s important to know the difference between them since it can impact the kind of agent you use.
Independent Auto Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Independent agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business amongst many companies and find the cheapest auto insurance rates. If they find a lower price, the business is moved internally which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance rates, we recommend you get some free quotes from a few independent agents to maximize your price options.
Shown below is a list of independent agencies in Sacramento that may be able to provide cheap rate quotes.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agents
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include State Farm, Allstate, and Farm Bureau. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
Deciding on a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just the premium amount. Some important questions to ask are:
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Can they give you a list of client referrals?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Sacramento?
- Do they get paid more for recommending certain coverages?
- Do clients work directly with the agent or are most inquiries handled by a CSR?
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Are there any extra charges for paying monthly?