Searching for cheaper auto insurance rates in Sacramento, CA? Having to pay for overpriced auto insurance in Sacramento can consume your bank account and possibly require postponing other expenditures. Getting a rate comparison is a great way to cut your insurance bill.
We don’t have to tell you that car insurance companies don’t want their policyholders to compare prices. Drivers who compare rates at least once a year will presumably switch auto insurance companies because there is a significant possibility of finding a lower-priced policy. A recent survey discovered that drivers who made a habit of comparing rate quotes saved approximately $865 a year as compared to drivers who never shopped around for better prices.
If finding the most affordable auto insurance in Sacramento is your ultimate objective, then learning about how to find and compare cheaper coverage can help you succeed in saving money.
How to find better rates for car insurance in Sacramento
To save the most money, the best way to get more affordable car insurance rates is to do an annual price comparison from insurance carriers in Sacramento.
- Try to comprehend how companies set rates and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating criteria that cause rate increases like traffic citations, accidents, and a bad credit rating can be controlled by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Read the full article for tips to find cheap rates and get bigger discounts.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only provide price estimates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes from multiple companies.
- Compare the new quotes to your existing rates to see if cheaper coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and change companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
The most important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on every quote and and to compare as many carriers as you can. This ensures an accurate price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
With so many auto insurance companies to choose from, it can be difficult for drivers to choose a more affordable insurance company.
Our goal is to let you in on how car insurance works and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to save money using these methods. Comparison shoppers just need to know the fastest way to compare price quotes over the internet.
The companies in the list below can provide free quotes in Sacramento, CA. If multiple companies are listed, we suggest you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
|Make, Model, and Trim Level||Annual Policy Premium||6-month Policy Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Chevrolet Impala LT||$1,026||$513||$86|
|Chevrolet Malibu LTZ||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Chevrolet Silverado LS Crew Cab 4WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Dodge Ram Crew Cab Laramie 4WD||$1,250||$625||$104|
|Ford Edge SE AWD||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Ford Escape XLS 4WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Ford F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$1,048||$524||$87|
|Ford Focus S 4-Dr Sedan||$1,006||$503||$84|
|Honda Accord LX 4-Dr Sedan||$868||$434||$72|
|Honda CR-V LX 4WD||$868||$434||$72|
|Honda Civic EX-L 2-Dr Coupe||$1,276||$638||$106|
|Hyundai Sonata SE 4-Dr Sedan||$1,154||$577||$96|
|Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 2WD||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Nissan Altima 3.5 SR 4-Dr Sedan||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Toyota Camry Hybrid||$1,176||$588||$98|
|Toyota Corolla XRS||$1,102||$551||$92|
|Get Rate Quotes for Your Vehicle Go|
Prices based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Prices do not factor in the specific area where the vehicle is garaged which can influence premium rates substantially.
You may qualify for discounts
The price of auto insurance can be rather high, but there’s a good chance there are discounts that can help lower your rates. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied when you quote, but a few need to be specifically requested before you get the savings.
- Club Memberships – Participating in a qualifying organization can get you a small discount when getting a Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Paperless Signup – A few companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on the web.
- No Claims – Insureds who avoid accidents and claims can earn big discounts in comparison with bad drivers.
- Onboard Data Collection – Insureds that choose to allow driving data submission to monitor driving manner remotely such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate could save a few bucks if they have good driving habits.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your auto and homeowners insurance and insure them both with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of at least 10% off all policies.
Policy discounts save money, but most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
Large insurance companies and the discounts they provide are outlined below.
- State Farm offers premium reductions for good driver, driver’s education, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, accident-free, defensive driving training, and passive restraint.
- GEICO discounts include anti-theft, air bags, five-year accident-free, seat belt use, good student, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has savings for anti-lock brakes, teen safe driver, multi-car, bundle discounts, teen safety rewards, accident prevention training, and homeowner.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for switch companies, teen driver, business and professional, bundle discounts, early shopping, homeowner, and electronic funds transfer.
- AAA policyholders can earn discounts including anti-theft, multi-policy, good driver, multi-car, pay-in-full, and education and occupation.
- USAA may offer discounts for loyalty savings, defensive driver, good student, driver training, and annual mileage.
Check with every company which discounts they offer. A few discounts may not apply to policyholders in every state. To see a list of providers that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, click here.
Buy lower-cost insurance with these tips
Lots of things are part of the calculation when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious such as your driving history, but other factors are not quite as obvious like your vehicle usage or your commute time.
The factors shown below are some of the most rate-impacting factors that factor into prices.
- Premiums and your address – Living in areas with lower population can save you money when buying insurance. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities have to deal with more road rage incidents and much longer commute distances. More time commuting statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Be proud to be claim-free – If you tend to file frequent claims, you can definitely plan on much higher rates or policy non-renewal. Companies in California provide better rates to people who do not rely on their insurance for small claims. Insurance coverage is intended for the bigger claims that can’t be paid out-of-pocket.
- Cheaper rates by combining – Most insurers provide a discount to buyers who consolidate policies with them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. Even with this discount applied, you still need to compare other rates to help guarantee you have the best rates.
- Expect high rates for teens – Drivers with little experience tend to be less responsible with other occupants in the car so insurance rates are higher. More experienced drivers are more responsible, tend to cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations.
- Pleasure use saves money – The more miles you rack up on your car in a year the more you’ll pay to insure your vehicle. The majority of insurers charge rates based upon how you use the vehicle. Cars that sit idle most of the time cost less to insure than those used for commuting. Ask your agent if your policy is rated on the correct usage for each vehicle.
- Don’t skimp on liability coverage – Your insurance policy’s liability coverage will provide protection if you are determined to be liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. It will provide legal defense to defend your case. This coverage is very inexpensive compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should buy more than the minimum limits required by law.
- Cars with good safety ratings means cheaper prices – Safer cars are cheaper to insure. Highly rated vehicles reduce occupant injuries and any reduction in injury severity translates into savings for insurance companies and cheaper rates on your policy. If your car scored better than an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website it is probably cheaper to insure.