Truthfully, the best way to find cheaper auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies that sell auto insurance in California.
- Gain an understanding of the different coverages in a policy and the factors you can control to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents, careless driving, and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help prevent high rates and get additional discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can provide rates from a single company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide prices from many different companies. View insurance agents
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium to determine if you can save on F-150 insurance in Sacramento. If you find better rates, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Notify your company or agent of your decision to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment for the new coverage. As soon as coverage is bound, put the new proof of insurance paperwork along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One thing to remember is to use identical coverage information on every quote request and and to get prices from as many companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Anyone knows that insurance companies don’t want you to look at other companies. Drivers who shop for lower rates will probably switch companies because there is a great chance of finding lower prices. A recent car insurance study revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $865 annually compared to drivers who never shopped for cheaper rates.
If finding budget-friendly rates on Ford F-150 insurance in Sacramento is your objective, then having a grasp of the best way to quote and compare insurance rates can make the process more efficient.
Keep in mind that comparing more prices helps you find the best offered rates.
The auto insurance companies shown below are our best choices to provide free rate quotes in California. If you wish to find the best cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you click on several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Auto insurance policy discounts for Ford F-150 insurance in Sacramento
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that many consumers don’t even know exist. Many discounts should be triggered when you complete an application, but some discounts are required to be asked about before you get the savings.
- Lower Rates for Military – Being on active deployment in the military may qualify for rate reductions.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Driving less could earn better rates on cars that stay parked.
- Good Students Pay Less – Maintaining excellent grades can be rewarded with saving of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you up to age 25.
- Safety Course Discount – Successfully completing a course in defensive driver is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- ABS and Traction Control Discounts – Cars and trucks with ABS and/or traction control are safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on F-150 insurance in Sacramento.
- Distant Student Discount – Youth drivers who live away from home at college and won’t have access to an insured vehicle could get you a discount.
- 55 and Retired – Mature drivers may receive a slight reduction on a Sacramento car insurance quote.
Discounts save money, but please remember that some credits don’t apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Even though the math looks like you could get a free auto insurance policy, it’s just not the way it works.
The illustration below compares Ford F-150 annual premium costs with and without discounts applied. The information is based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with claim-free, marriage, multi-car, homeowner, safe-driver, and multi-policy discounts applied.
To find insurers with discount rates in California, follow this link.
Auto insurance data for a Ford F-150
The rate table displayed next covers different prices for Ford F-150 models. Being aware of how auto insurance premiums are determined can assist in making smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 2WD||$230||$308||$416||$24||$124||$1,102||$92|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 2WD||$230||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,186||$99|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 2WD||$230||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,186||$99|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 2WD||$230||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,186||$99|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 2WD||$230||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,186||$99|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 2WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 2WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 STX Regular Cab 4WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XL Regular Cab 4WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 FX2 Super Cab 2WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 2WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XL Super Cab 4WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XLT Regular Cab 4WD||$262||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,218||$102|
|F-150 XL Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,252||$104|
|F-150 STX Super Cab 4WD||$296||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,252||$104|
|F-150 XLT Super Cab 4WD||$296||$392||$416||$24||$124||$1,252||$104|
|F-150 FX2 2WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 2WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 2WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 FX4 Super Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 XLT Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 FX4 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 SVT Raptor Super Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 Lariat Super Cab 4WD||$296||$478||$416||$24||$124||$1,338||$112|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 2WD||$296||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 2WD||$296||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 2WD||$296||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,422||$119|
|F-150 Lariat King Ranch 4WD||$330||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,456||$121|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Harley 4WD||$330||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,456||$121|
|F-150 Lariat Crew Cab Platinum 4WD||$330||$562||$416||$24||$124||$1,456||$121|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and safe-driver. Rates do not factor in your specific Sacramento location which can alter auto insurance rates substantially.
Auto insurance rates based on gender
The information below shows the comparison of Ford F-150 insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no claims or driving citations, comp and collision included, $100 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
Full coverage versus liability-only
The illustration below illustrates the comparison of Ford F-150 auto insurance rates with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The premiums assume no violations or claims, $500 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
When to drop comprehensive and collision coverage
There is no exact formula to drop physical damage coverage, but there is a general convention. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than about 10% of the vehicle’s replacement cost less your deductible, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s assume your Ford F-150 replacement value is $6,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $5,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $500 a year to have full coverage, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
There are some cases where buying only liability insurance is not advised. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you must maintain physical damage coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if your savings is not enough to buy a different vehicle in case of an accident, you should not eliminate full coverage.
Shop online but buy locally
A lot of people still like to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. One of the best bonuses of comparing insurance online is you can get the best rates but still work with a licensed agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this quick form, the coverage information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will give you bids for your insurance coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to contact any agents due to the fact that quote results will go straight to your inbox. You can find the lowest rates and a licensed agent to talk to. If you need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance provider, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap price. Here are some questions you should ask.
- What company do they have the most business with?
- Do they have designations such as AIC, CPCU, or CIC?
- Is vehicle mileage a factor when determining depreciation for repairs?
- Do they write coverage based solely on cost?
- Which family members are covered?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
Get Cheap Insurance Costs by Understanding These Factors
Many things are part of the equation when you get a price on insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but other criteria are less obvious such as whether you are married and annual miles driven.
The factors shown below are most of the major factors used by your company to calculate your premiums.
- Location can impact price – Having an address in a small town has it’s advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes means less chance of accidents in addition to lower liability claims. People in densely populated areas tend to have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. The longer drive time statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Avoid policy lapses – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a sure-fire way to increase your car insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, not being able to provide proof of insurance could result in a revoked license or a big fine. You may need to submit proof of financial responsibility or a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department to get your license reinstated.
- Deductibles are a factor – Your deductibles represent how much money the insured will be required to pay if you file a covered claim. Physical damage coverage, otherwise known as comp (or other than collision) and collision, insures against damage to your car. Examples of covered claims would be collision with another vehicle, damage caused by hail, and damage from wind. The more the insured is willing to pay, the better rate you will receive.
Is your vehicle built for speed? – The type of car you are trying to find cheaper insurance for makes a big difference in the rate you pay. The cheapest insurance rates tend to be for low performance passenger models, but many other things help determine your insurance rates.
The following chart assumes a married female driver age 20, full coverage with $1000 deductibles, and no discounts or violations. The data compares Ford F-150 rates compared to other models of vehicles that have a range of performance risks.
Insurance loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles – Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle when setting premium costs. Vehicles that historically have higher claim amounts or frequency will cost more to insure. The table below outlines the historical loss data for Ford F-150 vehicles.
For each insurance policy coverage type, the loss probability for all vehicles as a whole is represented as 100. Numbers shown that are under 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values over 100 indicate a higher chance of having a claim or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Ford F-150 Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Ford F-150 SuperCab 4WD 67 110 39 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 2WD 42 93 72 Ford F-150 SuperCrew 4WD 75 76 101 56 57 76BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Three reasons to insure your Ford vehicle
Despite the fact that insurance is not cheap in Sacramento, maintaining insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means it is punishable by state law to not carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your F-150 with a loan, most lenders will require that you have comprehensive coverage to protect their interest in the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford at a much higher premium rate and make you pay for it.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford F-150. It will also pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. As part of your policy, liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance are definitely more than the cost, particularly for liability claims. But the average American driver is wasting up to $869 every year so compare rates at least once a year to save money.
Car insurance savings summarized
Cheap Ford F-150 insurance in Sacramento is attainable both online and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, so you should compare both in order to have the best chance of saving money. A few companies may not offer the ability to get a quote online and many times these small, regional companies sell through independent agents.
In this article, we presented a lot of tips how to compare Ford F-150 insurance auto insurance rates in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding cheaper Sacramento car insurance quotes. You may even discover the lowest priced car insurance comes from the smaller companies. Smaller companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments than their larger competitors like State Farm and Allstate.
- Alcohol Impaired Driving FAQ (iihs.org)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Good Credit in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Business Use in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Drunk Driving Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)