How long has it been since you sat down and looked for more affordable Chevy SS insurance in Sacramento? Have you finally had enough of scraping the payment together to pay car insurance each month? You have the same problem as millions of other vehicle owners.
Astonishing but true, nearly 70% of customers renewed their policy with the same company for at least four years, and nearly half have never compared rates with other companies. U.S. consumers can save nearly 47% each year just by comparing rates, but most tend to underestimate the actual amount they would save if they just switched companies.
Steps to buying low-cost Chevy SS insurance in Sacramento
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to find discount Chevy SS insurance in Sacramento is to start comparing prices regularly from companies who provide auto insurance in California.
- First, try to learn a little about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates low. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic violations and an unacceptable credit score can be remedied by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Second, obtain price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Third, compare the new quotes to your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and switch companies, make sure the effective date of the new policy is the same as the expiration date of the old one.
An important part of this process is to try to use similar limits and deductibles on every quote request and and to get rates from as many carriers as you can. This helps ensure an accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
Due to the abundance of options for buying cheaper insurance for a Chevy SS in Sacramento, it can be challenging to choose the cheapest company.
You should take the time to quote other rates occasionally since prices are usually higher with each renewal. Just because you found the best rates on Chevy SS insurance in Sacramento a year ago you can probably find a better premium rate now. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding SS insurance out there, but in just a couple of minutes you can learn some great ways to buy car insurance cheaper in Sacramento.
Low Cost companies for Chevy SS insurance
The following companies can provide quotes in Sacramento, CA. In order to find cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, it’s a good idea that you visit several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Chevy SS Insurance Costs Can Be Lower
Many things are part of the calculation when you quote your car insurance policy. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but some are more transparent such as whether you are married or your commute time.
Raise your physical damage deductibles for better costs – Physical damage protection, also called comprehensive and collision insurance, is used to repair damage to your Chevy. Examples of some claims that would be covered could be a windshield shattered by a rock, hitting a deer, or theft. The deductibles define the amount the insured will be required to pay before your insurance pays a claim. The more money you choose to pay out-of-pocket, the bigger discount you will receive.
Vehicles with better crash test results are cheaper to insure – Safer cars get lower rates. Safer cars have better occupant injury protection and fewer serious injuries means lower claim amounts and thus lower rates.
Rates also based on gender – Statistics demonstrate women tend to be less risk to insure than men. However, don’t assume that men are worse drivers. Men and women cause fender benders in similar percentages, but guys get into accidents with more damage. Men also get higher numbers of serious violations such as DWI and reckless driving.
Youthful driver insurance premiums – Older, more experienced drivers have been proven to be more responsible, file fewer claims, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are known to be easily distracted with other occupants in the car and because of this, their insurance rates are much higher.
Being married can save you money – Having a significant other can actually save you money compared to being single. Having a spouse demonstrates that you tend to be less irresponsible and it’s statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Annual mileage impacts prices – The more you drive each year the higher the price you pay to insure it. Many insurance companies price each vehicle’s coverage determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks not used for work or commuting receive lower rates than those used for commuting. It’s always a good idea to double check that your insurance policy is showing the correct driver usage. Incorrect rating for your SS may be costing you.
Limits of liability – Liability insurance will provide protection if ever you are responsible for physical damage or personal injury to other. Your policy’s liability insurance provides for a legal defense starting from day one. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should carry high limits.
How many coverages with the same company – Some insurance companies apply lower prices to policyholders who carry more than one policy in the form of a multi-policy discount. Even with this discount, consumers should still get quotes from other companies to make sure you are getting the best deal.
Chevy SS insurance loss data – Insurers use past insurance losses when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that are shown to have increased losses will cost more for coverage.
The table below shows the collected loss data for Chevy SS vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of make or model, equals 100. Values that are 100 or less indicate better than average losses, while values that are 100 or greater indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased chance of a larger loss.
|Make and Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Determine discounts on Sacramento auto insurance
Auto insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but there are discounts available that can dramatically reduce your bill. Some of these discounts will be visible at quote time, but a few must be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Good Student Discount – A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Multi-line Discount – Some auto insurance companies give a discounted auto insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Telematics Data – Insureds who allow their insurance company to look at driving habits remotely such as Progressive’s Snapshot and State Farm’s In-Drive may get a rate reduction if they have good driving habits.
- Multi-policy Discount – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to use a seat belt could cut 10% or more on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most of the big mark downs will not be given to the entire cost. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as liability, collision or medical payments. Despite the appearance that all the discounts add up to a free policy, that’s just not realistic.
Some of the larger companies that may offer quotes with these money-saving discounts possibly include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be available in your state. For a list of insurance companies that offer multiple discounts in California, follow this link.
Buying from insurance agencies
A small number of people would prefer to talk to a local agent and that is a personal choice. One of the benefits of comparing rate quotes online is you can get cheap insurance quotes and still choose a local agent. And supporting small agencies is important particularly in Sacramento.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), the coverage information is transmitted to participating agents in Sacramento who will give you quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t even need to do any legwork because quoted prices will be sent to you instantly. Get lower rates AND a local agent. If you have a need to get a price quote from a particular provider, you can always go to their quote page to submit a rate quote request.
Two different types of auto insurance agents
When looking for a local Sacramento insurance agent, it’s helpful to know the different types of agents to choose from. Insurance agents in Sacramento are either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Independent Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be independent often have many company appointments and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If you want to switch companies, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need cheaper insurance rates, you need to get insurance quotes from independent agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
These type of agents can only provide pricing for a single company such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. Exclusive agencies are unable to provide other company’s prices so always compare other rates. They are trained well on their company’s products which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below is a list of exclusive agencies in Sacramento willing to provide price quote information.
Picking an insurance agent requires more thought than just the premium amount. Any good agent in Sacramento should know the answers to these questions.
- What kind of financial rating does the company have?
- Will they give you a referral list?
- What will you get paid if your car is a total loss? How is that amount determined?
- How long have they been in business?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
Your auto insurance coverage should be tailored to you
When buying coverage for your personal vehicles, there really is no single plan that fits everyone. Your needs are not the same as everyone else’s so this has to be addressed.
For example, these questions may help highlight if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- Do I need an umbrella policy?
- Is my camper covered by my car insurance policy?
- How can I get my company to pay me more for my totaled car?
- Am I covered when driving on a suspended license?
- Can I pay claims out-of-pocket if I buy high deductibles?
- How much liability insurance is required?
- Should I rate my Chevy SS as pleasure use or commute?
- When should I remove my kid from my policy?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Are my friends covered when driving my car?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
Discount Chevy SS insurance in Sacramento is attainable online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you should be comparing both so you have a total pricing picture. There are still a few companies who may not provide rates over the internet and many times these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent agents.
As you prepare to switch companies, make sure you don’t skimp on coverage in order to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big error on their part. The goal is to purchase plenty of coverage at the lowest possible cost.
Steps to saving money on Chevy SS insurance in Sacramento
To save the most money, the best way to find better pricing on Chevy SS insurance in Sacramento is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in California.
- First, take a little time to learn about how insurance works and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating factors that cause high rates like distracted driving and a bad credit rating can be amended by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Second, request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can quote prices for many different companies.
- Third, compare the new rates to your existing policy and determine if cheaper SS coverage is available. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Fourth, notify your current company to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application to the new insurer. As soon as you receive it, keep your new certificate verifying coverage in your glove compartment.
The key thing to know about shopping around is to make sure you enter the same deductibles and limits on each quote and and to get quotes from as many carriers as you can. Doing this ensures a level playing field and a complete selection of prices.
- All About Airbag Safety (State Farm)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for Handicapped Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Government Employees in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance Facts and Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)