Regrettably, nearly 70% of drivers have purchased from the same company for over three years, and just under half have never compared rates from other carriers. Consumers in California could save an average of up to 35% each year, but most undervalue the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get budget car insurance rates in Sacramento is to start comparing prices regularly from different companies that insure vehicles in California.
- Spend a few minutes and learn about auto insurance and the things you can change to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like traffic violations and an imperfect credit rating can be eliminated by paying attention to minor details. This article gives additional ideas to help prevent high rates and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for many different companies.
- Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote request and and to get rates from every insurance company. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and the best price quote selection.
It’s important to know that obtaining a wide range of quotes will improve the odds of getting a better price. Some insurance companies are not set up to provide online rate quotes, so you should also compare prices from them as well.
The companies in the list below provide price quotes in Sacramento, CA. To buy cheaper car insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you visit several of them to find the cheapest auto insurance rates.
There’s no such thing as the perfect auto insurance policy
When buying coverage online or from an agent, there really is no one size fits all plan. Each situation is unique.
For instance, these questions can aid in determining whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- At what point should I drop full coverage?
- Is my Chrysler Pacifica covered for flood damage?
- I don’t drive much so do I pay less?
- Do all my vehicles need collision coverage?
- Am I covered if I have no license?
- Does my insurance cover damage caused when ticketed for reckless driving?
- Can I get by with minimal medical coverage if I have good health insurance?
- Does coverage extend to my business vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Shop online but buy locally
Certain consumers would prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that can be a great decision A nice benefit of comparing insurance prices online is the fact that drivers can get better rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is immediately sent to local insurance agents in Sacramento that provide free Sacramento auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. You don’t have to contact an agency because quoted prices will be sent to you directly. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. If you want to quote rates from a particular provider, feel free to navigate to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding a good insurer requires you to look at more than just the price. Below are some questions you should ask.
- Do they get extra compensation for selling add-on coverages?
- Can you get a list of referrals?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- What insurance company do they write the most business with?
- Will they take your side in the event of a claim?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Sacramento?
When researching a local Sacramento insurance agent, it helps to know the two different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Sacramento are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for.
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These agents can only quote rates from one company and some examples include State Farm, AAA, Farmers Insurance or Allstate. They are unable to provide other company’s prices so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive agents receive extensive training in insurance sales which aids in selling service over price.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive insurance agents willing to provide comparison quotes.
Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
Independent insurance agents are not limited to a single company so they can write business with many different companies and possibly get better coverage at lower prices. If prices rise, they can switch companies in-house and you stay with the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to include at a minimum one independent agency for maximum quote selection.
Below are independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that can give you rate quotes.
Once you have received positive responses to these questions and a good coverage price, you have narrowed it down to an insurance agent that meets your needs to provide auto insurance coverage. But keep in mind you have the power to terminate coverage any time you want so don’t assume you’re contractually obligated to a specific agent for the entire policy term.