Amazingly, 70% of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never compared rate quotes at all. Consumers in America can save hundreds of dollars each year just by shopping around, but they just don’t understand how much savings they would realize if they switch to a new company.
The best way to find lower priced Lincoln Mark LT insurance is to compare prices once a year from insurers in Sacramento. Rate comparisons can be done by following these steps.
- Step 1: Try to learn about the coverage provided by your policy and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like at-fault accidents and a bad credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One piece of advice is that you’ll want to compare the same level of coverage on every quote request and and to get quotes from all possible companies. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and a complete selection of prices.
Lower-cost Lincoln Mark LT insurance in Sacramento
Some insurance providers don’t always list all their discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the best known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Claim-Free Discount – Good drivers with no accidents pay much less as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Low Miles Discount – Low annual miles could earn substantially lower premium rates.
- Life Insurance Discount – Not all car insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you better rates if you take out life insurance.
- Early Switch Discount – Some insurance companies provide a discount for switching companies prior to your current Mark LT insurance policy expiration. It can save you around 10%.
- Pay Upfront and Save – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of making monthly payments you may reduce your total bill.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Successfully completing a course that instructs on driving safety is a good idea and can lower rates if your company offers it.
A quick disclaimer, many deductions do not apply to the entire cost. Most only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as collision or personal injury protection. Just because you may think all the discounts add up to a free policy, insurance companies wouldn’t stay in business. But all discounts will help reduce your premiums.
Companies and their offered discounts are included below.
- State Farm may have discounts that include safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, passive restraint, defensive driving training, and good driver.
- Farmers Insurance discounts include switch companies, good student, teen driver, electronic funds transfer, distant student, alternative fuel, and early shopping.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, continuous coverage, good student, and online signing.
- GEICO offers discounts for seat belt use, air bags, federal employee, multi-vehicle, driver training, and anti-theft.
- Auto-Owners Insurance offers premium reductions for mature driver, teen driver, multiple vehicles, safe driver, multi-policy, and anti-lock brakes.
- The Hartford has savings for good student, air bag, anti-theft, driver training, and vehicle fuel type.
- Farm Bureau policyholders can earn discounts including multi-vehicle, good student, safe driver, renewal discount, driver training, and multi-policy.
- USAA has discounts for loyalty savings, military installation, good student, safe driver, driver training, and new vehicle.
When quoting, ask each company what discounts are available to you. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be offered on policies in Sacramento. If you would like to view insurers with discount rates in California, follow this link.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide free quotes in California. To find the best auto insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Exclusive versus independent auto insurance agents
Many drivers just want to go talk to an agent and often times that is recommended Agents will help you protect your assets and help submit paperwork. A nice benefit of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that you can find cheap car insurance rates and still have a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is definitely important in Sacramento.
After completing this short form, the coverage information is immediately sent to agents in your area who will give you quotes for your coverage. There is no need to contact any insurance agencies since price quotes are sent instantly to you. In the event you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Choose the right auto insurance agent
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a local Sacramento insurance agency, you need to know there are two different types of agencies and how they can quote your rates. Car insurance agencies can be classified as either exclusive or independent agents depending on their company appointments. Either one can sell affordable car insurance policies, but it’s important to know the subtle differences because it can impact which agent you choose.
Independent Car Insurance Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type can sell policies from many different companies so as a result can place your coverage with multiple insurance companies and find you the best rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, they simply move your policy to a different company which makes it simple for you.
When shopping rates, you need to compare prices from at least one independent agent for the best price selection. Most also have access to less well-known companies which may provide better rates.
Listed below are independent insurance agencies in Sacramento who may provide free rate quotes.
- Bertolino Insurance Agency
9719 Lincoln Village Dr #409 – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (916) 384-9621 – View Map
- Indus Insurance Agency Incorporated
6968 65th St – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 391-3000 – View Map
- Eugene C Yates Insurance
Sacramento, CA 95814 – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 442-8841 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company like AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agents are highly trained on the products they sell which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Some insured continue to buy from the same agent for years partially due to loyalty to the company rather than having low rates.
Shown below are Sacramento exclusive agents that can give you comparison quotes.
- Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
- Farmers Insurance – Wayne Wong
2015 Q St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 760-7858 – View Map
- Bill Batchelder – State Farm Insurance Agent
8887 Folsom Blvd #3a – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 361-3114 – View Map
Picking the best insurance agent requires more thought than just a low price. These are some questions your agent should answer.
- Will a damage claim use OEM or aftermarket replacement parts?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is the quote a firm price?
- If you raise deductibles, how much can you save?
- Who are their largest clients?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
Quote more to save more
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, never reduce coverage to reduce premium. There are too many instances where an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to purchase plenty of coverage at the best possible price while not skimping on critical coverages.
We just presented some good ideas how to reduce Lincoln Mark LT insurance premium rates online in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Lincoln Mark LT insurance quotes. You may even find the best price on car insurance is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
A few companies may not have rate quotes online and these smaller providers only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Budget-conscious Lincoln Mark LT insurance can be bought from both online companies and from local insurance agents, and you need to comparison shop both to get a complete price analysis.
More information can be found at the links below