Are you tired of trying to find lower-priced insurance rates in Sacramento, CA? Sacramento buyers have lots of choices when searching for the best price on Mercury Montego insurance. They can either spend hours calling around trying to get quotes or save time using the internet to compare rates.
There are more efficient ways to find insurance online so we’re going to tell you the proper way to get price quotes on a Mercury and locate the lowest price from both online companies and Sacramento agents.
Cheap companies for Mercury Montego insurance
The providers in the list below are ready to provide free rate quotes in California. To find cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, CA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Five factors that affect insurance prices
Many factors are part of the equation when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, although others are less apparent such as your marital status or how safe your car is. When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that help determine the level of your policy premiums. When you understand what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to big savings.
- Rates are impacted by vehicle performance – The performance level of the car you own makes a huge difference in your premium level. The most favorable rates are usually found on smaller low performance passenger vehicles, but the final cost of insurance is determined by many other factors.
- Prevent policy lapses – Going without insurance can be a quick way to increase your auto insurance rates. Not only will you pay more, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time.
- Stay claim-free and reduce rates – Car insurance companies in California provide the lowest premiums to people who are not frequent claim filers. If you file claims often, you can definitely plan on either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Your car insurance is designed for claims that you cannot pay yourself.
- Fewer miles means better premiums – Driving a lot of miles annually the higher your rates will be. Most companies rate vehicles determined by how the vehicle is used. Cars and trucks used primarily for pleasure use qualify for better rates than those used for commuting. An incorrectly rated Montego can result in significantly higher rates. Double check that your policy is rated on annual mileage, because improper ratings can cost you money.
- Gals tend to take less risk – Over the last 50 years, statistics have shown that females tend to be a little less risky than males. This data doesn’t prove that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for at-fault accidents at a similar rate, but the male of the species get into accidents with more damage. In addition to higher claims, males also have more aggressive citations like DWI (DUI) or reckless driving.
Discounts for cheaper auto insurance quotes
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but there may be some discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Many discounts should be triggered at quote time, but a few must be specially asked for before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit you qualify for, you could be paying more than you need to.
- Save over 55 – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for a small discount on rates.
- Early Renewal Discounts – Some larger companies give discounts for switching to them prior to the expiration date on your current Montego insurance policy. You may see this discount when you get Sacramento car insurance quotes online.
- Discount for Multiple Policies – When you have multiple policies with the same insurance company they may give you a discount of up to 20% and get you the cheapest Mercury Montego insurance in Sacramento.
- Driver’s Education for Students – Require your teen driver to successfully complete driver’s ed class as it can save substantially.
- No Claim Discounts – Insureds with no claims or accidents can earn big discounts in comparison with drivers who are more careless.
- Full Payment Discount – If you can afford to pay the entire bill rather than spreading payments over time you can avoid the installment charge.
- ABS Braking Discount – Vehicles equipped with ABS or steering control are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Montego insurance in Sacramento.
- Multiple Cars – Having several vehicles on one policy can get a discount on all vehicles.
- Seat Belts Save – Requiring all passengers to use their safety belts may be able to save a few bucks on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
As is typical with insurance, most of the big mark downs will not be given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think you can get free auto insurance, companies don’t profit that way.
A few popular companies and their offered discounts are shown below.
- Travelers includes discounts for new car, student away at school, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, home ownership, and payment discounts.
- 21st Century may have discounts that include theft prevention, teen driver, automatic seat belts, driver training, homeowners, 55 and older, and student driver.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, multiple autos, accident-free, driver’s education, safe vehicle, good student, and Steer Clear safe driver discount.
- GEICO offers discounts including military active duty, driver training, anti-theft, emergency military deployment, five-year accident-free, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO may include discounts for anti-lock brakes, accident prevention training, teen safety rewards, safe driver, multi-car, anti-theft, and bundle discounts.
- AAA has discounts for AAA membership discount, education and occupation, multi-policy, good student, and pay-in-full.
When quoting, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. Savings may not be offered everywhere. If you would like to choose from a list of auto insurance companies that offer the discounts shown above in California, follow this link.
Exclusive and independent insurance agencies
A small number of people just want to talk to a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Insurance agents will help you protect your assets and give you someone to call. One of the best bonuses of getting online price quotes is that you can find the lowest rates and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is important particularly in Sacramento.
Once you complete this short form, the coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that can provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to contact any insurance agencies because prices are sent directly to you. If you need to get a price quote from a specific company, don’t hesitate to jump over to their website to submit a rate quote request.
Types of car insurance agents
When finding local Sacramento agents, you should know the different agency structures and how they differ in how they quote coverages. Agents in Sacramento may be either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either can properly insure your vehicles, but it’s important to point out the difference between them because it can impact the selection process.
Independent insurance agents often have affiliation with several companies and that allows them to write policies with many different companies and find you the best rates. If they find a lower price, they simply switch companies in-house and you don’t have to find a new agent. When comparing insurance prices, you absolutely need to contact a couple of independent agencies to have the best price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with less well-known companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Below are independent agents in Sacramento who may provide free insurance quotes.
- Skyles Insurance Agency
9840 Business Park Dr – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (888) 900-9989 – View Map
- The United Brokers Insurance Agency Inc
7750 College Town Dr #101 – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (877) 223-4437 – View Map
- Styrsky Insurance Agency
706 56th St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 361-8114 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents generally can only insure with one company and examples are Allstate, Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They usually cannot compare other company’s rates so if the price isn’t competitive there isn’t much they can do. Exclusive agencies are trained well on sales techniques which helps offset the inability to provide other markets. Many people buy insurance from these agents mainly due to the brand name and solid financial strength.
The following is a list of exclusive agencies in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
- Darryl Fong – State Farm Insurance Agent
8489 Folsom Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95826 – (916) 388-1900 – View Map
- Monique Ambers – State Farm Insurance Agent
4331 Truxel Rd Ste G3 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 928-4747 – View Map
- Yeh Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 14th Ave Ste 100 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 455-5000 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency shouldn’t rely on just a low price. Get answers to these questions too.
- Can you use your own choice of collision repair facility?
- Is there a local claims center in Sacramento?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
After receiving satisfactory answers to all your questions and cheap Montego insurance quotes, you may have found an auto insurance agent that is reliable enough to properly insure your vehicles.
Shop smart and save
As you quote Sacramento car insurance, don’t be tempted to buy poor coverage just to save money. There have been many situations where drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits and learned later that a couple dollars of savings turned into a financial nightmare. Your goal should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, but do not skimp to save money.
Drivers change insurance companies for any number of reasons including denial of a claim, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal and even high rates after DUI convictions. Regardless of your reason, finding the right insurance provider is not as hard as you think.
We’ve covered a lot of ways to find cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more quotes you get, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the best rates are with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Steps to quoting cheaper Mercury Montego insurance in Sacramento
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get the cheapest auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare prices regularly from insurance carriers in California. You can shop around by completing these steps.
Step 1: Try to learn about what is in your policy and the steps you can take to lower rates. Many risk factors that cause high rates such as traffic violations, accidents, and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
Step 2: Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The key aspect of shopping around is that you use similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. This provides the most accurate price comparison and a complete selection of prices.
- Pickups fall short in headlight tests (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for High Mileage Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a School Permit? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for Infrequent Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Does Hitting a Deer Impact Insurance Rates? (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)