Are you tired of trying to find low-cost car insurance rates in Sacramento, CA? Sacramento drivers have lots of choices when trying to find the lowest priced Nissan 370Z insurance. You can either spend your time struggling with agents to compare prices or save time using the internet to find the lowest rates.
There is a better way to compare car insurance rates and you need to know the best way to compare rates for your Nissan and locate the lowest possible price from Sacramento insurance agents and online providers.
Amazingly, nearly 70% of customers have purchased from the same company for at least the last four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never even compared quotes to find cheaper rates. With the average premium in the U.S. being $1,847, drivers could save an average of about 47% each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to compare rates.
Smart consumers take time to quote other rates once or twice a year because car insurance prices are variable and change quite frequently. Just because you had the best price on Nissan 370Z insurance in Sacramento a couple years back you will most likely find a better rate today. You can find a lot of misleading information regarding 370Z insurance out there, but in a few minutes you can learn some of the best techniques to reduce your car insurance bill.
If you have coverage now or just want to reduce your rates, you will benefit by learning to save money and still get good coverage. These techniques will teach you how insurance works and some money-saving tips. Smart shoppers just have to know the most efficient way to quote multiple rates instantly.
These discounts can lower Nissan 370Z insurance rates
Companies that sell car insurance don’t always publicize the entire discount list very well, so the next list breaks down some of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits that may apply to you.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Drivers without accidents can save up to 40% or more on their Sacramento car insurance quote as compared to drivers with claims.
- Life Insurance – Not all auto insurance companies offer life insurance, but some may give you a lower rate if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- 55 and Retired – Drivers over the age of 55 may qualify for reduced rates.
- Payment Method – By paying your entire bill at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you may reduce your total bill.
- Student Discounts – Maintaining excellent grades can get you a discount of up to 25%. You can use this discount normally until age 25.
- Telematics Devices – Insureds that choose to allow their auto insurance company to study vehicle usage by using a telematics device such as Drivewise from Allstate or Snapshot from Progressive may get a rate reduction if they show good driving skills.
- No Claims – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers with a long claim history.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and the ABS can save up to 10%.
- Organization Discounts – Participating in a professional or civic organization may earn a discount when getting a Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Low Mileage – Maintaining low annual mileage can qualify you for better rates on cars that stay parked.
Remember that many deductions do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. A few only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. So even though you would think having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, that’s just not realistic.
The illustration below shows the difference between Nissan 370Z auto insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The prices are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, marriage, claim-free, multi-policy, safe-driver, and homeowner discounts applied.
Larger auto insurance companies and the discounts they provide can be found below.
- Travelers has savings for good student, student away at school, multi-car, early quote, continuous insurance, and driver training.
- 21st Century has discounts for good student, theft prevention, automatic seat belts, teen driver, defensive driver, and air bags.
- State Farm discounts include student away at school, good driver, good student, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and defensive driving training.
- GEICO offers discounts for daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, membership and employees, defensive driver, federal employee, and anti-lock brakes.
- SAFECO includes discounts for anti-lock brakes, anti-theft, teen safe driver, bundle discounts, and teen safety rewards.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
Before you buy a policy, ask every prospective company to give you their best rates. Some of the discounts discussed earlier may not be offered in Sacramento. If you would like to view auto insurance companies with significant discounts in California, click this link.
The quickest method we recommend to get policy rate comparisons for Nissan 370Z insurance in Sacramento utilizes the fact most insurance companies actually pay money for the chance to compare rate quotes. All you need to do is provide details such as if it has an anti-theft system, which vehicles you own, if you went to college, and if you have an active license. Your insurance information gets transmitted to insurance carriers in your area and you will receive price estimates quickly.
To compare multiple company lower-cost Nissan 370Z insurance rates now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free rate quotes in Sacramento, CA. If your goal is to find the best auto insurance in Sacramento, it’s highly recommended you visit two to three different companies in order to find the most affordable rates.
Nissan 370Z insurance statistics and information
The price information displayed next highlights detailed analysis of insurance premium costs for Nissan 370Z models. Having insight into how prices are figured is important to be able to make decisions when choosing a new policy provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$228||$554||$650||$38||$194||$1,664||$139|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$254||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,588||$132|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$254||$628||$650||$38||$194||$1,764||$147|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$254||$554||$574||$34||$172||$1,588||$132|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$254||$700||$650||$38||$194||$1,836||$153|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on single female driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, multi-policy, safe-driver, multi-vehicle, and claim-free. Information does not factor in specific zip code location which can influence coverage rates significantly.
Physical damage deductibles: Should you raise them?
When buying car insurance, a common question is how low should you set your deductibles. The rates below illustrate the differences in price when you choose different insurance deductibles. The first set of prices uses a $100 deductible for comprehensive and collision coverage and the second rate chart uses a $1,000 deductible.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$430||$932||$500||$30||$150||$2,067||$172|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$478||$932||$442||$26||$132||$2,035||$170|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$478||$1054||$500||$30||$150||$2,237||$186|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$478||$932||$442||$26||$132||$2,035||$170|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$478||$1176||$500||$30||$150||$2,359||$197|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|370Z 2-Dr Coupe||$238||$490||$500||$30||$150||$1,408||$117|
|370Z 2-Dr Roadster||$266||$490||$442||$26||$132||$1,356||$113|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Coupe||$266||$556||$500||$30||$150||$1,502||$125|
|370Z Touring 2-Dr Roadster||$266||$490||$442||$26||$132||$1,356||$113|
|370Z Nismo 2-Dr Coupe||$266||$620||$500||$30||$150||$1,566||$131|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Above prices assume married male driver age 30, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, multi-policy, and multi-vehicle. Price estimates do not factor in specific garaging location which can lower or raise price quotes considerably.
We can estimate from the data above that using a $100 deductible costs about $59 more each month or $708 a year across all Nissan 370Z models than buying the higher $1,000 deductible. Due to the fact that you would have to pay $900 more to file a claim with a $1,000 deductible as compared to a $100 deductible, if you tend to have at a minimum 15 months between claims, you would probably come out ahead if you choose the higher deductible.
Full coverage or liability only
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan 370Z car insurance costs with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The rate quotes are based on a clean driving record, no claims, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no other discounts are factored in.
When to eliminate full coverage
There is no written rule of when to eliminate comp and collision coverage, but there is a general school of thought. If the yearly cost of full coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you might want to consider buying only liability coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan 370Z replacement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 deductibles. If your vehicle is destroyed, the most you would get paid by your company is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $400 a year for full coverage, then it’s probably a good time to buy liability coverage only.
There are some situations where removing full coverage is not recommended. If you still have a lienholder on your title, you have to keep full coverage as part of the loan conditions. Also, if you cannot afford to purchase a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Informed Drivers Know How to Quote Auto Insurance for Less
When buying auto insurance it’s important to understand some of the factors that go into determining auto insurance rates. If you understand what determines base rates, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that could result in big savings. Lots of things are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some of the criteria are obvious such as traffic violations, but others are less apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is.
Listed below are some of the most rate-impacting factors used by companies to determine your prices.
Premiums are high for teenagers – Older drivers are shown to be more cautious, tend to cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Beginning drivers have been known to be more careless behind the wheel and because of this, their auto insurance rates are much higher.
The chart below uses these assumptions: single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Vehicle options that cut rates – Selecting a car model with anti-theft technology or alarm system can get you a discount on your auto insurance. Theft deterrent systems such as tamper alarm systems, vehicle immobilizer technology and General Motors OnStar can thwart car theft.
- Your address can push rates up or down – Living in areas with lower population is a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. Fewer drivers and short commutes translates into fewer accident claims in addition to fewer liability claims. Drivers who live in large California cities have to deal with traffic congestion and longer commutes to work. Higher commute times means higher likelihood of an accident.
- More stress means more cost – Jobs like doctors, air traffic controllers, and emergency personnel usually pay higher premium rates attributed to intense work requirements and long work hours. Conversely, careers such as actors, athletes and homemakers have lower than average premiums.
- Do you really need roadside assistance? – Insurance companies have many extra add-on coverages that you can buy on your auto insurance policy. Coverages for replacement cost coverage, high-cost glass coverage, and extra life insurance coverage could be just wasting money. They may seem good when deciding what coverages you need, but if you have no use for them get rid of them and save.
Driving citations increase costs – Careful drivers tend to pay less for car insurance as compared to those with violations. Getting just one speeding ticket or other violation may increase your cost by as much as twenty percent. Drivers who have gotten dangerous tickets such as hit and run, DWI or reckless driving convictions are required to maintain a SR-22 with their state motor vehicle department in order to legally drive a vehicle.
The chart below shows how traffic citations and accidents can raise Nissan 370Z insurance premiums for different age groups. The information is based on a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $100 deductibles, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Nissan 370Z claim statistics – Insurers analyze historical claim data to help determine prices. Models that the statistics show to have higher claim amounts or frequency will have higher premium rates. The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Nissan 370Z vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the claim probability for all vehicles, as an average, is a value of 100. Numbers below 100 suggest losses that are better than average, while values that are 100 or greater indicate more frequent claims or an increased chance of a larger loss.
Nissan 370Z Insurance Claim Statistics Vehicle Make and Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Nissan 370Z 2dr 164 88 132 91 88 Nissan 370Z Convertible 129 73BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics Source: Insurance Institute for Highway Safety for 2013-2015 Model Years
Situations that may require an agent’s advice
When quoting and choosing the right insurance coverage, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
Here are some questions about coverages that can help discover whether or not you may require specific advice.
- What are the best liability limits?
- What is medical payments coverage?
- Does rental coverage apply when I am renting a car?
- Do I need to file an SR-22 for a DUI in California?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- Is motorclub coverage worth it?
- How much coverage applies to personal belongings?
- How do I buy GAP insurance?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you might consider talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, simply complete this short form. It is quick, free and can provide invaluable advice.
Insurance agent or online?
Some consumers prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Licensed agents can help determine the best coverages and help you file claims. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find better rates but also keep your business local. Buying from small agencies is especially important in Sacramento.
After completing this simple form, your information is submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to contact any agents because prices are sent immediately to your email address. If you wish to compare prices from a specific company, you would need to search and find their rate quote page and give them your coverage information.
Different types of Sacramento auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a reliable insurance agent, it’s important to understand the different types of agents and how they can service your needs differently. Sacramento agents are either exclusive agents or independent agents. Either can sell car insurance policies, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it can factor into buying decisions.
Independent Insurance Agents
These agents are not required to write business for one company and that allows them to write policies through lots of different companies depending on which coverage is best. If you want to switch companies, they simply move your policy to a different company without you having to go to a different agency. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies who may have lower rates.
Shown below is a small list of independent agencies in Sacramento who may be able to give you free rate quotes.
- Morelos Insurance Agency
5346 Madison Ave – Sacramento, CA 95841 – (916) 482-5500 – View Map
- Peter S Schiro Ins Agcy Inc
1515 30th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 444-9787 – View Map
- Eugene C. Yates Insurance Agency
2021 P St – Sacramento, CA 95811 – (916) 313-6100 – View Map
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only write with one company such as Farmers Insurance, State Farm, Allstate, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot compare rates from other companies so keep that in mind. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage. Consumers often use the same exclusive agent primarily because of the brand legacy rather than having low rates.
Below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento willing to provide price quotes.
- Greg Lauck – State Farm Insurance Agent
950 Fulton Ave #175 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 978-9110 – View Map
- Rich Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1001 26th St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 447-8560 – View Map
- Tim Kwong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1035 Jefferson Blvd #5 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 371-4730 – View Map
Finding the right insurance agency is decision based upon more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Will vehicle repairs be made with aftermarket parts or OEM replacement parts?
- Are they in the agency full-time?
- Are they involved in claim handling?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are claim adjusters local or do you have to take your car somewhere else?
Once you have received positive feedback to any questions you have as well as offering an affordable quote, it’s a good possibility that you have found a car insurance agent that is a good match to adequately provide car insurance.
Why you need vehicle insurance in California
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan 370Z insurance, insuring your vehicle is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, the majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a minimum amount of liability insurance coverage in order to get the vehicle licensed. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your 370Z, almost every bank will require you to carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for the much more expensive policy.
Third, auto insurance protects both your car and your personal assets. It will also cover most medical and hospital costs for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays for attorney fees and expenses in the event you are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, your auto insurance policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of carrying adequate insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. In a recent study of 1,000 drivers, the average customer is currently overpaying as much as $855 a year so shop around at every policy renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Compare car insurance prices regularly to save
Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and usually these regional insurance providers only sell through independent agencies. Affordable Nissan 370Z insurance in Sacramento is available both online and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection.
We covered quite a bit of information on how to reduce Nissan 370Z insurance premium rates online in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding low cost Sacramento car insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the lowest premium rates come from the least-expected company.
As you prepare to switch companies, you should never buy poor coverage just to save money. In too many instances, someone sacrificed physical damage coverage and discovered at claim time that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to find the BEST coverage for the lowest price while not skimping on critical coverages.
Steps to finding affordable quotes for Nissan 370Z insurance in Sacramento
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare prices from insurers in Sacramento. Price quotes can be compared by completing these steps.
- Learn about car insurance and the modifications you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that are responsible for high rates such as speeding and a poor credit score can be rectified by making minor changes in your lifestyle.
- Compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can quote rates for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing coverage to see if switching to a new carrier will save money. If you find a lower rate and change companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel the current policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
The most important part of this process is that you use identical coverage information on each price quote and to quote with as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a thorough price selection.
More information can be read below:
- Uninsured Motorists: Threats on the Road (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Honda CR-V? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for Low Mileage Drivers? (FAQ)
- State Car Insurance Guides (GEICO)
- Anti-Lock Brake FAQ (iihs.org)
- Get the Right Protection (InsureUonline.org)
- If I File a Claim will My Insurance Go Up? (Insurance Information Institute)