Inconceivable but true, most California auto insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of auto insurance customers have never even compared rates from other companies. Many consumers in the U.S. can save roughly $860 each year, but they don’t know the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
It takes a few minutes, but the best way to get affordable Ford Freestar insurance in Sacramento is to compare quotes once a year from companies who sell insurance in California.
- Learn about how companies price auto insurance and the things you can control to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that drive up the price such as distracted driving and a low credit rating can be remedied by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Request rate estimates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and make a switch, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
The critical component of shopping around is to compare identical deductibles and limits on each price quote and and to get price quotes from as many auto insurance providers as possible. This helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Lowering your Ford Freestar insurance rates is a great way to save money. You just need to invest a little time to compare rate quotes to find the company with the cheapest Ford Freestar rate quotes.
Doing online rate quotes comparisons is so easy that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to insurance agents’ offices. The fact that you can get quotes online can eliminate the need for a local agent unless you prefer the professional guidance that only a licensed agent can provide. You can, however, compare online quotes but buy from a local insurance agent.
The companies in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. In order to find the best cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Why do I need car insurance?
Despite the high cost, insuring your vehicle serves several important purposes.
- Most states have mandatory insurance requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you took out a loan on your Ford Freestar, almost every bank will make it a condition of the loan that you buy full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you let the policy lapse, the lender may insure your Ford for a much higher rate and require you to reimburse them the higher price.
- Insurance safeguards both your assets and your Ford Freestar. It also can pay for medical bills for you, any passengers, and anyone injured in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, your policy will pay to repair the damage minus the deductible amount.
The benefits of insuring your Freestar outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. An average driver in America is wasting up to $865 each year so compare quotes from several companies at least once a year to make sure the price is not too high.
Do you qualify for discounts on Ford Freestar insurance in Sacramento?
Auto insurance companies don’t list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so the list below contains some of the best known and also the lesser-known credits available to you. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you are throwing money away.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks on one policy could earn a price break for each car.
- Government Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job could cut as much as 10% off with a few car insurance companies.
- Theft Deterrent – Cars equipped with tracking devices and advanced anti-theft systems help deter theft and will save you 10% or more on Freestar insurance in Sacramento.
- Telematics Data Discounts – Insureds that choose to allow data collection to monitor driving manner remotely such as Allstate’s Drivewise and State Farm’s In-Drive system might get better premium rates if they are good drivers.
- Good Driver Discounts – Drivers without accidents could pay up to 40% less than less cautious drivers.
- Auto/Life Discount – Not all insurance carriers offer life insurance, but some may give you a break if you buy life insurance.
- Claim-Free Discount – Drivers with accident-free driving histories get the best car insurance rates as compared to insureds who have frequent claims or accidents.
- Own a Home – Owning your own home or condo can get you a discount since home ownership is proof of financial responsibility.
- Driver Safety – Participating in a defensive driving class may get you a small discount and easily pay for the cost of the class.
It’s important to understand that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Just because you may think you could get a free car insurance policy, companies wouldn’t make money that way.
A partial list of companies that may offer policyholders some of the above discounts include:
Before buying, ask every prospective company which discounts they offer. Discounts may not apply to policies everywhere. To see insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in California, follow this link.
Insurance quotes from local neighborhood Sacramento car insurance agents
A small number of people would prefer to get professional advice from a licensed agent and that can be a great decision Most agents are highly skilled in risk management and will help you if you have claims. One of the great benefits of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get better rates and still choose a local agent. Buying from and supporting small agencies is important especially in Sacramento.
After completing this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to insurance agents in Sacramento who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. You won’t need to drive around because prices are sent to you directly. In the event you want to compare rates from a particular provider, you would need to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you need to find a reliable insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different agency structures that you can select. Insurance agents in Sacramento can be classified as either exclusive agents or independent agents. Both insure your vehicles, but it’s important to know the difference in how they write coverage since it could factor into which agent you choose.
Independent Insurance Agencies
These type of agents do not have single company limitations so as a result can place your coverage with a variety of different insurance companies and find the cheapest rate. If they quote lower rates, the business is moved internally and you don’t have to do anything. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, you need to get quotes from several independent insurance agents for maximum quote selection.
Below is a partial list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento who may be able to give you free price quotes.
Ancal Insurance Agency
2641 Cottage Way #2 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 485-5410 – View Map
Leland Insurance Agency
910 Florin Rd # 108 – Sacramento, CA 95831 – (916) 428-1309 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that elect to be exclusive have only one company to place business with and some examples include State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. Exclusive agents are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive insurance agents are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques and that can be a competitive advantage.
Shown below is a short list of exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento willing to provide rate quotes.
Finding the right car insurance agent requires more thought than just a cheap quote. The answers to these questions are important, too.
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- What insurance companies do they work with in Sacramento?
- Has the agent ever had any license suspensions?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- If your car is totaled, how to they determine the replacement cost?
Lower rates by being persistent
Cheaper Ford Freestar insurance in Sacramento can be purchased online in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both to have the best selection. Some insurance companies may not offer online quoting and these small insurance companies prefer to sell through local independent agencies.
When trying to cut insurance costs, it’s a bad idea to reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, drivers have reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to regret at claim time that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. Your aim should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price and still be able to protect your assets.
We just presented quite a bit of information on how to save on Ford Freestar insurance in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more times you quote, the better your comparison will be. You may even find the best prices are with a smaller regional carrier. These smaller insurers may cover specific market segments cheaper compared to the large companies like Allstate or State Farm.
More detailed car insurance information can be read by following these links:
- Steps to Take After an Auto Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance for a Ford Explorer in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance for Low Income Drivers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for 16 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Teenage Males? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for 17 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)