Unthinkable but true, a large majority of car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for four years or more, and approximately 38% of consumers have never compared rate quotes at all. California consumers could save themselves approximately $500 a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they bought a different policy.
The best way we recommend to save on Ford GT insurance is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who can sell car insurance in Sacramento. Price quotes can be compared by following these steps.
- Step 1: Learn about coverages and the things you can change to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that are responsible for high rates like at-fault accidents and your credit history can be eliminated by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Step 2: Obtain price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give prices from one company like Progressive or Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices from multiple companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rates to your existing policy to determine if you can save on GT insurance in Sacramento. If you find a better price and decide to switch, make sure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Step 4: Provide adequate notice to your current company of your intent to cancel your current coverage and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the newly selected company. Be sure to store the certificate of insurance in your vehicle’s glove compartment or console.
A good tip to remember is to try to use the same amount of coverage on each quote and and to get rates from as many companies as possible. This helps ensure the most accurate price comparison and plenty of rates choose from.
The quickest method to compare rate quotes for Ford GT insurance in Sacramento utilizes the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with free rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is give them rating details including whether you are single or married, if you have a valid license, if the car is leased, and your job. Your information is automatically sent to all major companies and they return quotes almost instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and complete the quick form.
The companies shown below provide comparison quotes in California. If you want to find cheaper auto insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you get prices from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Auto insurance does more than just repair your car
Despite the potentially high cost of Ford GT insurance, buying auto insurance serves several important purposes.
- The majority of states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means you are required to buy specific limits of liability insurance in order to license the vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If your Ford has a lienholder, most banks will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender will be forced to insure your Ford at a much higher rate and make you pay for the much more expensive policy.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will pay for medical transport and hospital expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. Liability insurance also pays for attorney fees and expenses if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your Ford gets damaged, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the damage repairs after a deductible is paid.
The benefits of buying enough insurance greatly outweigh the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $850 per year so it’s important to compare rates at least once a year to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Take advantage of these premium slashing discounts
Properly insuring your vehicles can get expensive, but you might already qualify for some discounts to help bring down the price. Certain discounts will be triggered automatically at quote time, but some discounts are required to be requested specifically prior to receiving the credit.
- Air Bag Discount – Factory options such as air bags or automatic seat belts may qualify for discounts of 20% or more.
- Seat Belt Usage – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to fasten their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few insurance companies offer discounts for buying a new policy prior to the expiration date on your current GT insurance policy. It could save around 10% when you buy Sacramento auto insurance online.
- Defensive Driver Discount – Taking time to complete a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more if your company offers it.
- Anti-lock Brake Discount – Vehicles with ABS braking systems or traction control have fewer accidents so companies give up to a 10% discount.
- Student Discount for Driver Training – Require your teen driver to enroll and complete driver’s education in school or through a local driver safety program.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before raising your premiums with the catch being you have to be claim-free prior to being involved in the accident.
- Service Members Pay Less – Having a deployed family member could be rewarded with lower insurance rates.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices help deter theft and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- More Vehicles More Savings – Buying insurance for multiple vehicles on one policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
It’s important to note that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. Some only apply to the cost of specific coverages such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So when the math indicates adding up those discounts means a free policy, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and their possible discounts are detailed below.
- Farmers Insurance may offer discounts for business and professional, switch companies, good student, pay in full, alternative fuel, mature driver, and youthful driver.
- State Farm discounts include driver’s education, good student, passive restraint, safe vehicle, and anti-theft.
- Liberty Mutual may have discounts that include newly retired, good student, new graduate, new move discount, teen driver discount, and multi-policy.
- MetLife may include discounts for multi-policy, claim-free, accident-free, good driver, and defensive driver.
- Progressive includes discounts for homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, online quote discount, and continuous coverage.
If you want the cheapest Ford GT rate quotes, ask every insurance company which discounts you qualify for. Some discounts listed above might not be available to policyholders in Sacramento.
Insurance agents can help
A small number of people still like to get advice from a local agent and that is recommended in a lot of cases Good insurance agents are trained risk managers and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of comparing insurance online is you may find lower rates but still work with a licensed agent. Buying from neighborhood agents is especially important in Sacramento.
Once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information gets sent to local insurance agents who will gladly provide quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. There is no reason to find an agent because quoted prices will be sent directly to your email. If you have a need to get a price quote from one company in particular, you can always search and find their rate quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to find a good Sacramento insurance agent, you should know the types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Insurance agencies in Sacramento are categorized either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Either one can sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to know how they are different since it could factor into the kind of agent you use.
Agents that choose to be independent are not restricted to one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with many different companies and find you cheaper rates. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage which makes it simple for you.
If you are comparing insurance prices, it’s a good idea to include price quotes from a few independent agents to get the best comparison. Most independent agents also contract with lesser-known insurance companies which can be an advantage.
The following is a small list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento that may be able to give price quotes.
- Schmoekel Insurance Inc
7558 Stockton Blvd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 753-1480 – View Map
- Peter S Schiro Ins Agcy Inc
1515 30th St #200 – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 444-9787 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Wellco Insurance Agency Inc
6905 Stockton Blvd Ste 230 – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 399-8113 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
These agents normally can only provide a single company’s rates and some examples include Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they are skilled at selling on more than just price. Exclusive agents are trained well on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point. Many people choose to use an exclusive agent primarily because of the prominence of the brand and solid financial strength.
Below are Sacramento exclusive insurance agencies willing to provide price quotes.
- Lori McCarter Curry – State Farm Insurance Agent
451 Park Fair Dr #2 – Sacramento, CA 95864 – (916) 487-5151 – View Map
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map
- Rich Williams – State Farm Insurance Agent
1001 26th St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 447-8560 – View Map
Choosing an insurance agent requires you to look at more than just a cheap price quote. Any agent in Sacramento should be forthright in answering these questions:
- How long have they been in business?
- Is the agency involved in supporting local community causes?
- Do they have advanced training designations such as CPCU, AAI, AIC, or CIC?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Sacramento?
- Which insurance companies are they affiliated with?
- Who is covered by the car insurance policy?
- Do they feel the quoted coverages are adequate?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Sacramento?
Which policy gives me the best coverage?
When quoting and choosing a policy, there is no one size fits all plan. Everyone’s needs are different.
Here are some questions about coverages that can aid in determining if your situation might need an agent’s assistance.
- How does medical payments coverage work?
- What is roadside assistance coverage?
- How can I get the company to pay a claim?
- Is other people’s property covered if stolen from my vehicle?
- Do I benefit by insuring my home with the same company?
- What exactly is covered by my policy?
- What if an uninsured driver hits me?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but a few of them apply, you may need to chat with a licensed insurance agent. If you don’t have a local agent, fill out this quick form. It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
What is the best car insurance company in Sacramento?
Buying coverage from the top car insurance provider can be challenging considering how many choices there are in California. The company rank data shown below can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at when looking for cheaper rates.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
While you’re price shopping online, make sure you don’t buy poor coverage just to save money. There are too many instances where an insured cut collision coverage only to regret that they should have had better coverage. Your strategy should be to get the best coverage possible at the best possible price, not the least amount of coverage.
Insureds change insurance companies for any number of reasons including delays in paying claims, policy cancellation, high prices or denial of a claim. It doesn’t matter what your reason, switching companies is actually quite simple.
In this article, we covered a lot of ways to get a better price on Ford GT insurance in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Sacramento auto insurance quotes. Consumers may even find the lowest rates come from a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising.
Additional detailed information is located in the articles below:
- What to do at the Scene of an Accident (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Police Officers? (FAQ)
- Teen Driving Statistics (GEICO)
- Shopping for a Safe Car (Insurance Information Institute)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)