It’s safe to assume that car insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. Consumers who shop around for cheaper prices are inclined to switch companies because there is a good chance of finding a policy with better rates. A study discovered that consumers who compared prices regularly saved $3,500 over four years as compared to drivers who never compared other company’s rates.
If saving the most money on Nissan cube insurance in Sacramento is why you’re reading this, knowing how to find and compare car insurance can make the process more efficient.
If you want to find the absolute lowest rates, then the best way to get budget Nissan cube insurance in Sacramento is to start doing an annual price comparison from different companies who sell auto insurance in California.
First, get a basic knowledge of individual coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates down. Many policy risk factors that cause high rates like traffic citations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by paying attention to minor details. Later in this article we will cover more ideas to help keep prices low and get discounts that may be overlooked.
Second, obtain price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can quote rates from multiple insurance companies. View prices
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you can save some money and make a switch, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel the current policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application for the new coverage. As soon as you have the new policy, keep the new certificate verifying coverage along with the vehicle’s registration papers.
One key aspect when comparing rates is to make sure you’re comparing the same deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many companies as you can. Doing this ensures a fair rate comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
Keep in mind that having more price comparisons helps improve the odds of finding a lower rate. Not every company does rate quotes online, so you also need to get quotes from those companies as well.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, CA, we suggest you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Get lower-cost Nissan cube insurance in Sacramento with discounts
Some providers don’t always list all available discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so the below list has both well-publicized and also the more inconspicuous savings tricks you should be using when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Buckling up and requiring all passengers to buckle up before driving can save a little on the premium charged for medical payments and/or PIP.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Larger companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies offer discounts for buying a new policy early. The savings is around 10%.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low mileage vehicles can qualify you for better prices on cars that stay parked.
- Defensive Driver Discounts – Passing a course in driver safety is a good idea and can lower rates and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being in a civic or occupational organization in Sacramento is a simple method to lower premiums on your next renewal.
- Active Military Service – Being deployed with a military unit could trigger a small discount.
- Sacramento Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Sacramento can earn you a little savings due to the fact that maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
Discounts lower rates, but most discounts do not apply to the entire policy premium. Some only apply to individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. So even though you would think adding up those discounts means a free policy, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
The chart below visualizes the comparison of Nissan cube premium costs with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. The rates are based on a male driver, no claims or violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, multi-car, claim-free, safe-driver, multi-policy, and homeowner discounts applied.
Some of the larger companies that possibly offer most of the discounts above possibly include:
Before purchasing a policy, check with all companies you are considering which discounts they offer. Some discounts listed above may not be offered in Sacramento. To see insurance companies that offer some of these discounts in California, click here to view.
Rates and statistics
The rate table displayed below showcases a range of rate quotes for Nissan cube models. Learning a little about how prices are calculated is important for you to make informed decisions.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Cube S 2WD||$238||$392||$500||$30||$150||$1,310||$109|
|Cube SL 2WD||$238||$478||$500||$30||$150||$1,396||$116|
|Cube Krom 2WD||$270||$564||$500||$30||$150||$1,514||$126|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, multi-vehicle, claim-free, and homeowner. Rates do not factor in specific garaging location which can revise coverage rates substantially.
The example below highlights how deductible choice and can change Nissan cube annual premium costs for each different age group. The rates are based on a single female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The diagram below illustrates how traffic citations and accidents impact Nissan cube yearly insurance costs for each different age group. The premium estimates are based on a married male driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
Full coverage versus liability only rates
The illustration below visualizes the comparison of Nissan cube car insurance costs with and without physical damage coverage, medical payments, and uninsured/under-insured motorist coverage. The premiums assume no claims or driving violations, $1,000 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are applied to the premium.
When to drop comp and collision
There is no set guideline for phasing out full coverage, but there is a guideline you can consider. If the annual cost of comprehensive and collision coverage is more than 10% of replacement cost minus your deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Nissan cube replacement cost is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled in an accident, the most you would get paid by your company is $8,000 after paying your deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 annually for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
There are a few cases where only buying liability is not in your best interest. If you haven’t satisfied your loan, you must maintain physical damage coverage in order to satisfy the requirements of the loan. Also, if you can’t afford to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should not remove full coverage.
Buying auto insurance from Sacramento auto insurance agents
Some consumers would rather get professional advice from a licensed agent and doing so can bring peace of mind One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you can get better rates and still have an agent to talk to.
After filling out this quick form, the coverage information is emailed to companies in Sacramento who will gladly provide quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no reason to even leave your home due to the fact that quote results will go instantly to you. You can find the lowest rates without a big time investment. If you want to get a comparison quote from one company in particular, don’t hesitate to go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Finding the right provider needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. These questions are important to ask:
- How long has the business existed?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Sacramento?
- Do the coverages you’re quoting properly cover your vehicle?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- Is coverage determined by price?
The difference between Sacramento auto insurance agents
If you need to find a local insurance agency, there are two types of agencies and how they are distinctly different. Auto insurance agents in Sacramento are either independent agents or exclusive agents.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive agencies can only write with one company and some examples include AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They generally cannot provide other company’s prices so they really need to provide good service. These agents are well schooled on the products they sell and that allows them to sell at a higher price point.
The following is a short list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that can give you price quote information.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
These agents can sell policies from many different companies and that is an advantage because they can write policies amongst many companies and find you the best rates. If they find a cheaper price, they simply switch companies in-house which makes it simple for you.
When comparing auto insurance prices, you absolutely need to get several quotes from several independent agencies for the best price selection.
Listed below is a list of independent agents in Sacramento that are able to give price quotes.
Melissa Saites Nelson Insurance Agency, Inc.
4749 J St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 531-6061 – View Map
Nationwide Insurance: Rielli Insurance and Financial Services LLC
7 Parkcenter Dr #125 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 234-1490 – View Map
After getting answers to your satisfaction to any questions you may have as well as offering an affordable quote, you may have just found a car insurance agent that will service your policy.
Reduce Insurance Rates with These Tips
When buying insurance it’s important to understand the different types of things that come into play when calculating insurance rates. If you have a feel for what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that can earn you better insurance rates. Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving history, but others are more transparent such as your marital status or how financially stable you are.
The list below includes some of the most rate-impacting factors used by your company to calculate rates.
- Credit rating impact insurance premiums – Credit history factor in determining what you pay. Drivers who have good credit tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records as compared to drivers with poor credit. Therefore, if your credit could use some work, you could potentially save money when insuring your Nissan cube if you improve your credit rating.
- Car insurance liability insurance limits – Liability coverage will protect you when a jury decides you are liable for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. This coverage provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap when compared with rates for comp and collision, so do not cut corners here.
- Rural areas have lower premiums – Having an address in small towns and rural areas can save you money if you are looking for the lowest rates. Drivers in populated areas regularly have much more traffic and a longer drive to work. Fewer people means reduced accidents.
Teenagers vs. mature drivers – Mature drivers are proven to be safer behind the wheel, statistically cause fewer accidents, and tend to be get fewer driving tickets. Teen drivers are statistically proven to be careless and easily distracted with other occupants in the car so they pay higher insurance rates.
The chart below assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
- Costs increase with policy add-ons – Insurance companies have many extra coverages that can add up if you aren’t diligent. Things like coverage for rental cars, high-cost glass coverage, and term life insurance may be costing you every month. They may sound like good ideas when buying your policy, but now you might not need them so remove them from your policy.
Women tend to cost less – Over the last 30 years, statistics show that women are safer drivers than men. However, this does not mean females are better drivers. Both sexes are in auto accidents at a similar rate, but males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Men also tend to receive more major tickets like DUI and reckless driving.
The information below illustrates the difference between Nissan cube car insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rates are based on a clean driving record, no claims, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no discounts are factored in.
- Discounts for married drivers – Your spouse can get you a discount on your insurance bill. Having a significant other usually means you are more mature and insurance companies like that being married results in fewer claims.
Why you need quality insurance for your Nissan vehicle
Despite the potentially high cost of Nissan cube insurance, buying auto insurance is a good idea for several reasons.
First, almost all states have minimum liability requirements which means you are required to carry specific minimum amounts of liability in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your cube has a lienholder, most lenders will make it mandatory that you carry insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you let the policy lapse, the bank may buy a policy for your Nissan at a significantly higher premium and make you pay the higher premium.
Third, insurance safeguards not only your Nissan cube but also your assets. It will also provide coverage for all forms of medical expenses incurred in an accident. Liability insurance also covers legal expenses if you are sued as the result of your driving. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive and collision coverage will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of having insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially with large liability claims. But the average American driver is overpaying over $825 a year so smart consumers compare quotes every year to ensure rates are inline.
How much can you save?
When searching for inexpensive Sacramento car insurance quotes, do not buy less coverage just to save a little money. In too many instances, an insured dropped uninsured motorist or liability limits only to regret at claim time that saving that couple of dollars actually costed them tens of thousands. The ultimate goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford, not the least amount of coverage.
You just read many ideas to get a better price on Nissan cube insurance in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Sacramento car insurance, the better chance you’ll have of finding low cost Sacramento car insurance quotes. You may even be surprised to find that the lowest prices come from the smaller companies. They can often provide lower rates in certain areas than their larger competitors like Allstate, GEICO and Progressive.
Helpful learning opportunities
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Car Insurance for a Honda Civic? (FAQ)
- Five Tips to Save on Auto Insurance (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Learning Center (State Farm)
- Rental Car Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)