Finding low-cost insurance for a Ford Expedition in California could be an all-consuming task, but you can learn our insurance buying tips to make it easier. There are more efficient ways to shop for insurance and we’ll show you the absolute fastest way to compare rates for your Ford and get the lowest price from both online companies and Sacramento agents.
It goes without saying that insurance companies don’t want you comparing rates. Insureds who compare rates at least once a year are inclined to switch insurance companies because they have a good chance of finding lower prices. A study showed that drivers who faithfully checked for cheaper rates saved approximately $860 a year compared to those who never compared other company’s rates.
If finding budget-friendly car insurance is why you’re here, then learning a little about how to compare insurance can save time and money.
You should make it a habit to take a look at other company’s rates periodically because prices trend upward over time. Even if you got the lowest price on Ford Expedition insurance in Sacramento six months ago you may be paying too much now. Forget anything you know (or think you know) about insurance because I’m going to let you in on the secrets to how to use online quotes to lower your rates without sacrificing coverage.
Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Sacramento is really not that difficult. If you are already insured or are just looking to switch companies, follow these tips to reduce premiums without reducing protection. Vehicle owners only have to learn the fastest way to compare different rates instantly.
Companies offering Ford Expedition insurance in California
The providers in the list below can provide quotes in Sacramento, CA. In order to find the best auto insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get a more complete price comparison.
The premium table below covers different coverage costs for Ford Expedition models. Learning how auto insurance prices are determined is important to be able to make smart choices when comparing insurance rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Expedition SSV 2WD||$272||$438||$454||$26||$136||$1,326||$111|
|Expedition XLT 2WD||$306||$534||$454||$26||$136||$1,456||$121|
|Expedition SSV 4WD||$306||$534||$454||$26||$136||$1,456||$121|
|Expedition XLT 4WD||$306||$534||$454||$26||$136||$1,456||$121|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 2WD||$306||$628||$454||$26||$136||$1,550||$129|
|Expedition Limited 2WD||$306||$628||$454||$26||$136||$1,550||$129|
|Expedition Eddie Bauer 4WD||$306||$628||$454||$26||$136||$1,550||$129|
|Expedition King Ranch 4WD||$342||$628||$454||$26||$136||$1,586||$132|
|Expedition King Ranch 2WD||$342||$628||$454||$26||$136||$1,586||$132|
|Expedition Limited 4WD||$342||$628||$454||$26||$136||$1,586||$132|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices based on single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $500 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include claim-free, multi-vehicle, homeowner, multi-policy, and safe-driver. Premium costs do not factor in your specific Sacramento location which can alter premium rates substantially.
Insurance rate increases from tickets or accidents
The information below shows how speeding tickets and accident claims drive up Ford Expedition insurance premiums for each different age group. The prices are based on a married male driver, full coverage, $100 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Insurance prices based on gender
The chart below shows the difference between Ford Expedition insurance costs for male and female drivers. The premiums are based on no tickets, no at-fault accidents, full coverage, $250 deductibles, drivers are not married, and no policy discounts are applied.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Some insurance providers don’t always publicize every policy discount very well, so the following list contains a few of the more well known as well as the least known credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Accident Waiver – This one is not really a discount per se, but companies like State Farm, Progressive and GEICO permit an accident before they charge you more for coverage if your claims history is clear prior to being involved in the accident.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you pay your bill all at once instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid the installment charge.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems may get savings up to 30%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Insurance companies who offer life insurance give a break if you buy some life insurance too.
- Theft Deterrent – Vehicles with anti-theft systems are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
Just know that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. The majority will only reduce the cost of specific coverages such as comprehensive or collision. If you do the math and it seems like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, you’re out of luck.
The chart below compares Ford Expedition car insurance costs with and without discounts applied. The price estimates are based on a male driver, no accidents, no driving violations, California state minimum liability limits, comp and collision included, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with marriage, safe-driver, multi-policy, homeowner, multi-car, and claim-free discounts applied.
A list of companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts can be read below.
- GEICO offers premium reductions for five-year accident-free, membership and employees, seat belt use, daytime running lights, emergency military deployment, defensive driver, and multi-policy.
- Mercury Insurance may offer discounts for low natural disaster claims, annual mileage, multi-car, multi-policy, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance has savings for business and professional, mature driver, teen driver, multi-car, electronic funds transfer, homeowner, and good student.
- Auto-Owners Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including mature driver, anti-lock brakes, teen driver, multiple vehicles, and air bags.
- Liberty Mutual offers discounts including exclusive group savings, multi-car, good student, newly married, new move discount, and hybrid vehicle.
- SAFECO discounts include teen safe driver, accident prevention training, anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, and bundle discounts.
- Progressive includes discounts for multi-policy, homeowner, good student, multi-vehicle, and online quote discount.
- USAA may have discounts that include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe driver, good student, and annual mileage.
Check with each company or agent which discounts they offer. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to see a list of companies that offer multiple discounts in California, click here to view.
How You Can Control Ford Expedition Insurance Costs
Lots of factors are part of the equation when quoting car insurance. Some are pretty understandable such as your driving record, but other factors are not as apparent such as your credit history or how safe your car is. It’s important that you understand some of the things that play a part in calculating the price you pay for car insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this enables you to make decisions that may result in lower premium levels.
Listed below are some of the major factors companies use to determine prices.
Premiums are high for teenagers – More experienced drivers are viewed as being more responsible, statistically cause fewer accidents, and receive fewer citations. Inexperience drivers are statistically shown to be less responsible behind the wheel and because of this, their car insurance rates are much higher.
The following data assumes a single driver, full coverage with $500 deductibles, and no discounts or violations.
Bump up comp and collision deductibles to lower rates – Insurance for physical damage to your car, commonly called comprehensive (or other-than-collision) and collision coverage, protects your Ford from damage. Some coverage claims would be a dented fender, hail damage, and burglary. Your deductibles are how much you are required to pay if the claim is covered. The more of the claim you’re willing to pay, the less your company will charge you for insurance.
Extra coverages that may not be needed – Policies have extra add-on coverages you can purchase if you aren’t careful. Coverages for rental car reimbursement, better glass coverage, and extra equipment coverage are probably not needed. These coverages may sound good when deciding what coverages you need, but if they’re wasting money remove them from your policy.
Know your vehicle’s crash test rating – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to be cheaper to insure. Vehicles built for safety reduce occupant injuries and fewer serious injuries means less claims paid and cheaper rates on your policy.
Never let your car insurance policy lapse – Going without insurance will be a sure-fire way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, not being able to provide proof of insurance may earn you a hefty fine and possibly a revoked license.
Discounts for alarms and GPS tracking – Owning a car with anti-theft technology or alarm system can help bring down rates. Theft prevention devices like GM’s OnStar, tamper alarm systems and vehicle immobilizers all help stop vehicle theft.
Keep the miles off and save – The higher the mileage driven in a year the more you will pay for car insurance. Most companies price each vehicle’s coverage based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Cars not used for work or commuting get more affordable rates than those used for commuting. Verify your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage for each vehicle. Incorrect rating for your Expedition may be costing you.
Ford Expedition insurance loss probability – Companies analyze historical claim data when they set coverage costs for each model. Vehicles that the data shows to have higher number or severity of losses will have higher rates for specific coverages. The next table illustrates the collected loss data for Ford Expedition vehicles.
For each coverage category, the statistical loss for all vehicles, as a total average, is considered to be 100. Percentages below 100 indicate better than average losses, while percentage values above 100 indicate more frequent losses or tendency to have higher losses.
|Specific Ford Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 2WD||67||88||82||55||45||70|
|Ford Expedition 4dr 4WD||70||98||90||54||62||56|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 2WD||74||104||97||52|
|Ford Expedition EL 4dr 4WD||88||96||110||63||60||96|
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Get rate quotes but buy from a local neighborhood Sacramento car insurance agent
Certain consumers just want to go talk to an agent and that is not a bad decision Good insurance agents are highly skilled in risk management and help in the event of a claim. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is you may find the lowest rates and also buy local.
For easy comparison, once you complete this quick form, your information is submitted to insurance agents in Sacramento that can provide free Sacramento auto insurance quotes to get your business. It makes it easy because there is no need to find an agent on your own as quotes are delivered to you instantly. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, you can always visit that company’s website and complete a quote there.
Deciding on a provider shouldn’t rely on just the premium amount. Here are some questions you might want to ask.
- Are they actively involved in the community?
- Are they full-time agents?
- Does the agency have a positive business rating?
- If you are a high risk driver, do they have special markets for your coverage?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Do they assist clients in filing claims?
Pick the best car insurance agent in Sacramento for you
If you would like to find a local Sacramento insurance agency, you should know the different types of agencies from which to choose. Insurance policy providers are classified as either exclusive or independent. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it’s important to point out the difference between them since it may influence the selection process.
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents in the exclusive channel can only provide one company’s prices such as AAA, Allstate, and State Farm. They are unable to compare rates from other companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. They are usually well trained on their company’s products which can be an advantage. Many people purchase coverage from exclusives mostly because of high brand loyalty and solid financial strength.
Shown below are exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento willing to provide comparison quotes.
- State Farm Insurance: Max Lam
2840 Del Paso Rd #300 – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 575-7600 – View Map
- Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
- Barbara Etrick – State Farm Insurance Agent
6332 Florin Rd – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 822-5110 – View Map
Independent Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents are not employed by any specific company so they can write business through many companies and get the cheapest rates. To transfer your coverage to a different company, your agent can switch companies without you having to go to a different agency.
When comparing insurance rates, you need to include at least one independent agent to maximize your price options. Many independent agencies also insure through different regional companies that may have much lower rates than larger companies.
Shown below are independent insurance agents in Sacramento willing to provide price quote information.
- Nationwide Insurance: Ham Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Del Paso Rd e – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 419-8228 – View Map
- Thrive Insurance Agency
1353 Fulton Ave – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 339-6490 – View Map
- Apna Insurance Agency
3022 Stockton Blvd #5 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 454-4495 – View Map
California car insurance companies ranked
Finding a good quality insurance company is hard considering how many different companies there are to choose from in Sacramento. The ranking information shown next can help you select which auto insurance companies to look at comparing rates with.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies by A.M. Best Rank
- USAA – A++
- Travelers – A++
- State Farm – A++
- GEICO – A++
- Esurance – A+
- Nationwide – A+
- Allstate – A+
- Mercury Insurance – A+
- Progressive – A+
- Titan Insurance – A+
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Overall
- American Family
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- AAA Insurance
- The General
- Titan Insurance
Cheap rates are available
People leave their current company for many reasons like unfair underwriting practices, policy cancellation, being labeled a high risk driver or high prices. No matter why you want to switch, choosing a new insurance company can be pretty painless.
A few companies do not provide online price quotes and these small insurance companies only sell coverage through independent insurance agencies. Lower-priced Ford Expedition insurance in Sacramento is possible on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, and you need to comparison shop both in order to have the best chance of saving money.
When shopping online for car insurance, make sure you don’t buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured cut liability limits or collision coverage only to discover later that the savings was not a smart move. The proper strategy is to get the best coverage possible for the lowest price, but do not skimp to save money.
Steps to buying lower priced Ford Expedition insurance in Sacramento
It takes a little time, but the best way to get more affordable Ford Expedition insurance in Sacramento is to start doing a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers who sell auto insurance in California.
- Learn about how car insurance works and the things you can change to lower rates. Many policy risk factors that drive up the price such as speeding and a bad credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility.
- Compare rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can provide rates from one company like GEICO and Allstate, while independent agencies can provide prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Compare the new rate quotes to your existing policy and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
- Give notification to your agent or company to cancel your existing policy and submit the signed application along with the required initial payment to your new company or agent. Be sure to keep your new certificate verifying proof of insurance along with your vehicle registration.
An important part of this process is that you’ll want to make sure you compare identical coverages on each quote request and and to get price quotes from as many different companies as possible. Doing this helps ensure a fair rate comparison and the best price quote selection.
Additional car insurance information is located on the following sites:
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance for a Toyota Corolla in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with a Bad Driving Record in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Car Insurance for a Toyota Tacoma in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Determines the Price of My Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)