It goes without saying that insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. Insureds who get comparison quotes once a year are highly likely to switch to a new company because there are good odds of finding a lower rate. Remarkably, a study showed that people who compared rates regularly saved about $850 each year compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding the cheapest price for Kia Borrego insurance is your objective, then having an understanding of how to get free comparison quotes and analyze insurance coverage can make the process less intimidating.
If saving money is your primary concern, then the best way to find lower priced Kia Borrego insurance is to make a habit of regularly comparing prices from insurers who sell auto insurance in Sacramento.
First, read about individual coverages and the factors you can control to lower rates. Many factors that cause rate increases such as your driving record and a negative credit rating can be controlled by making small lifestyle or driving habit changes.
Second, compare prices from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for many different companies. View prices
Third, compare the new rate quotes to your existing rates and see if you can save money. If you find a lower rate quote and buy the policy, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
One important bit of advice is that you’ll want to compare similar coverage information on each quote and and to get quotes from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this helps ensure an accurate price comparison and the best rate selection.
If you are already insured, you should be able to cut your premiums using the following tips. Locating the best rates in Sacramento is actually very simple if you learn how to start. But California car owners must learn the methods companies use to determine what you pay and take advantage of how the system works.
To find the best auto insurance prices, there are several ways to obtain and compare prices from many available auto insurance companies in California. By far the easiest way to compare Kia Borrego insurance prices consists of obtaining rate quotes online.
It’s so fast and easy to compare price quotes online that it makes it a waste of time to waste gas driving to and from local Sacramento insurance agencies. Buying insurance online makes this unnecessary unless your situation requires the extra assistance of a local Sacramento agent. Some companies do allow you to comparison shop online but buy the policy through an agent.
Just keep in mind that comparing more prices increases the chance that you will find lower pricing.
The following companies offer price quotes in California. To locate cheaper car insurance in Sacramento, CA, we recommend you compare several of them to get the cheapest price.
Car insurance does more than just protect your car
Despite the fact that car insurance is not cheap in Sacramento, maintaining insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
- Most states have mandatory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require a specific level of liability coverage in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Kia Borrego, most lenders will require that you carry insurance to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Kia at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them a much higher amount than you were paying before.
- Insurance safeguards not only your vehicle but also your financial assets. It will also pay for medical expenses incurred in an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are sued as the result of an accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, your policy will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of having insurance definitely exceed the price paid, particularly if you ever have a claim. On average, a vehicle owner in Sacramento overpays as much as $810 a year so compare rate quotes at every renewal to be sure current rates are still competitive.
Earn discounts on Sacramento car insurance
Car insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but companies offer discounts that you may not even know about. Most are applied at the time of purchase, but some may not be applied and must be manually applied before you get the savings.
- Driving Data Discount – Sacramento drivers who agree to allow driving data collection to monitor driving patterns by using a small device installed in their vehicle such as Snapshot from Progressive or Drivewise from Allstate may see discounts if they show good driving skills.
- Discount for Low Mileage – Low annual miles could earn lower rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Driver Safety – Completing a defensive driving course can save you 5% or more depending on where you live.
- Discounts for New Vehicles – Buying a new car model can save you some money because new vehicles keep occupants safer.
- Accident Free – Drivers with accident-free driving histories pay less in comparison with frequent claim filers.
- Student Discounts – Getting good grades may save as much as 25% on a Sacramento car insurance quote. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- E-sign Discounts – Certain insurance companies will provide an incentive shop Sacramento car insurance on their website.
- Anti-lock Brake System – Cars, trucks, and SUVs that have anti-lock braking systems are safer to drive and therefore earn up to a 10% discount.
- Senior Citizen Discount – Older drivers may be able to get a small discount on rates.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Being employed by or retired from a federal job can earn a discount up to 10% with certain companies.
Consumers should know that most discounts do not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comp or med pay. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it just doesn’t work that way.
Auto insurance companies that may have these discounts include:
When comparing rates, check with every prospective company to apply every possible discount. Some credits may not apply to policyholders in Sacramento. For a list of insurance companies who offer car insurance discounts in Sacramento, click here to view.
Auto insurance agents near you
Some consumers prefer to talk to an insurance agent and that is not a bad decision The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get the lowest rates and also buy local.
By using this simple form, your information is sent to participating agents in Sacramento that provide free Sacramento car insurance quotes to get your business. You never need to leave your house as quotes are delivered immediately to you. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a comparison quote from a specific company, feel free to jump over to their website and complete a quote there.
Finding the right insurer requires you to look at more than just the premium amount. The questions below may impact your decision as well.
- How experienced are they in personal risk management?
- Where would your vehicle be repaired?
- Are they able to influence company decisions when a claim is filed?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- What is the agency’s Better Business Bureau rating?
- Are all drivers listed on the coverage quote?
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
How to choose the best car insurance agent in Sacramento
If you need to find a reliable agent, it can be helpful to understand the types of agencies from which to choose. Auto insurance agents in Sacramento can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Agents of this type have only one company to place business with like Farmers Insurance or State Farm. They are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agencies receive a lot of sales training in insurance sales which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive insurance agents in Sacramento that are able to give comparison quotes.
Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are normally appointed by many insurers and that gives them the ability to insure amongst many companies and potentially find a lower price. If you are not satisfied with one company, they simply move the coverage in-house which requires no work on your part.
When comparing rates, you should always compare prices from several independent insurance agents to maximize your price options.
The following is a short list of independent agencies in Sacramento that can give you comparison quotes.
If you receive satisfactory answers as well as a price you’re happy with, it’s possible that you found an insurance agent that will properly service your auto insurance policy.
When to get professional advice
When buying the best insurance coverage for your personal vehicles, there is no single plan that fits everyone. Your financial needs are unique.
For example, these questions might help in determining if you might need professional guidance.
- Does my personal policy cover me when driving out-of-state?
- Are there any extra discounts I can get?
- When should I drop full coverage on my Kia Borrego?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- When should my teen driver be added to my policy?
- Should I get collision insurance on every vehicle?
If it’s difficult to answer those questions, then you may want to think about talking to a licensed insurance agent. To find lower rates from a local agent, fill out this quick form.
Auto insurance coverage basics
Understanding the coverages of a auto insurance policy can help you determine appropriate coverage at the best deductibles and correct limits. Policy terminology can be difficult to understand and even agents have difficulty translating policy wording.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for expenses for pain medications, dental work and EMT expenses. They can be used to fill the gap from your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants and will also cover being hit by a car walking across the street. PIP coverage is not universally available but it provides additional coverages not offered by medical payments coverage
Liability car insurance – This protects you from damage that occurs to other’s property or people that is your fault. This insurance protects YOU from legal claims by others, and does not provide coverage for your injuries or vehicle damage.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury per person, bodily injury per accident and property damage. You might see values of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 bodily injury coverage, a per accident bodily injury limit of $30,000, and property damage coverage for $5,000.
Liability coverage pays for things like funeral expenses, medical services, legal defense fees, repair costs for stationary objects and bail bonds. The amount of liability coverage you purchase is a decision to put some thought into, but buy higher limits if possible. California requires drivers to carry at least 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy more liability than the minimum.
The next chart shows why minimum state limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Collision coverage – This pays for damage to your Borrego resulting from a collision with another vehicle or an object, but not an animal. You will need to pay your deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers things like rolling your car, crashing into a ditch, damaging your car on a curb, scraping a guard rail and sideswiping another vehicle. Collision is rather expensive coverage, so you might think about dropping it from vehicles that are older. It’s also possible to increase the deductible on your Borrego to bring the cost down.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – Uninsured or Underinsured Motorist coverage gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for medical payments for you and your occupants and damage to your Kia Borrego.
Due to the fact that many California drivers carry very low liability coverage limits (California limits are 15/30/5), their liability coverage can quickly be exhausted. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage is a good idea.
Comprehensive auto insurance – Comprehensive insurance coverage pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You first must pay your deductible then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for claims like damage from flooding, damage from getting keyed, theft and hitting a bird. The maximum payout you can receive from a comprehensive claim is the cash value of the vehicle, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider removing comprehensive coverage.
Persistent drivers can save
As you quote Sacramento car insurance, never skimp on critical coverages to save a buck or two. There are too many instances where an insured cut physical damage coverage only to regret at claim time they didn’t purchase enough coverage. The proper strategy is to buy a smart amount of coverage at a price you can afford and still be able to protect your assets.
In this article, we presented a lot of information how to compare Kia Borrego insurance car insurance rates in Sacramento. The key thing to remember is the more rate quotes you have, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Drivers may even discover the best price on insurance is with a small mutual company.
Consumers switch companies for a variety of reasons including delays in responding to claim requests, lack of trust in their agent, policy non-renewal or poor customer service. Regardless of your reason, finding a new insurance company is not as difficult as it may seem.
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- How Much is Sacramento Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Quotes for a Honda Accord? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance for Inexperienced Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Uninsured Drivers? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for a Learners Permit? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Quotes for Postal Workers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Older Drivers FAQ (iihs.org)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- Airbag FAQ (iihs.org)