It’s a known fact that insurance companies don’t want you quoting rates from other companies. People who shop around for the cheapest rate will most likely switch insurance companies because there is a high probability of finding a lower rate. Surprisingly, a recent survey revealed that consumers who made a habit of comparing rates saved about $70 a month compared to drivers who never shopped around for cheaper prices.
If finding discount rates on car insurance in Sacramento is your ultimate goal, then knowing the best way to compare insurance premiums can make the process more efficient.
The recommended way to find cheaper prices for auto insurance rates is to compare prices annually from insurance carriers in Sacramento.
- Step 1: Try to learn a little about policy coverages and the things you can change to lower rates. Many rating factors that cause rate increases like traffic citations and a negative credit score can be remedied by making lifestyle changes or driving safer. Keep reading for the details to find cheap prices and find overlooked discounts.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only quote rates from one company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agents can quote prices for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and determine if cheaper BRZ coverage is available. If you find a better price, ensure there is no coverage lapse between policies.
A good piece of advice is to use the same amount of coverage on every price quote and and to get rates from as many companies as feasibly possible. This ensures a level playing field and the best price selection.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rates for Subaru BRZ insurance in Sacramento utilizes the fact most of the bigger providers will pay a fee to compare rate quotes. The only thing you need to do is provide a small amount of information such as how much coverage you want, if you are currently licensed, your job, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. Your details gets transmitted to insurance companies and they return quotes with very little delay.
To compare affordable Subaru BRZ insurance rates now, click here and complete the form.
The car insurance companies shown below can provide quotes in Sacramento, CA. To buy cheap car insurance in Sacramento, CA, it’s a good idea that you visit as many as you can to get the best price comparison.
Car insurance is not optional
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Subaru in Sacramento, paying for car insurance is required by state law in California and it also provides benefits you may not be aware of.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you bought your Subaru BRZ with a loan, it’s guaranteed your bank will have a requirement that you have physical damage coverage to guarantee their interest in the vehicle. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Subaru at an extremely high rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
- Insurance safeguards not only your Subaru but also your assets. It also can pay for most medical and hospital costs for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay for a defense attorney if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If your vehicle suffers damage from an accident or hail, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of buying car insurance are definitely more than the cost, especially when you need to use it. As of last year, the average driver in California is overpaying more than $820 a year so compare rate quotes at every policy renewal to help ensure money is not being wasted.
Discount Sacramento car insurance rates
Car insurance is easily one of your largest bills, but you can get discounts that many consumers don’t even know exist. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of quoting, but a few must be specifically requested prior to receiving the credit. If you check and find you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, you’re just leaving money on the table.
- Paperwork-free – Some insurance companies will give a small break for buying your policy on the internet.
- New Car Discount – Putting car insurance coverage on a new BRZ can save up to 30% compared to insuring an older model.
- Membership in Organizations – Affiliation with specific professional or occupational memberships or organizations can get you a small discount when getting a Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Vehicles equipped with air bags or automatic seat belts can get savings of 20% or more.
- Discounts for Seat Belt Usage – Requiring all passengers to buckle their seat belts may be able to save a few bucks off the PIP or medical payment premium.
- Renewal Discounts – Some car insurance companies reward drivers for signing up before your current BRZ insurance policy expires. It could save around 10% when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
Keep in mind that some of the credits will not apply to the overall cost of the policy. Some only apply to specific coverage prices like medical payments or collision. Despite the appearance that having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, car insurance companies aren’t that generous.
To view providers who offer free Subaru BRZ insurance quotes in Sacramento, click here.
Local Sacramento insurance agents and auto insurance
A small number of people just prefer to visit with an insurance agent and we recommend doing that Agents will help you protect your assets and help in the event of a claim. One of the best bonuses of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap auto insurance rates and still buy from a local agent. Supporting small agencies is definitely important in Sacramento.
After filling out this short form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area that can give you free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your auto insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around since rate quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to compare prices from a particular provider, just go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you want a reliable insurance agent, there are a couple of types of agencies that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance agents in Sacramento are classified as either independent or exclusive. Both types can do a good job, but it’s important to know the difference between them because it can impact which type of agent you select.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents of this type are not limited to a single company and that allows them to write policies with lots of companies depending on which coverage is best. If your premiums go up, an independent agent can move your coverage and that require little work on your part.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always get some free quotes from at a minimum one independent agency in order to compare the most rates.
Featured below is a partial list of independent agencies in Sacramento that may be able to give price quotes.
Exclusive Insurance Agents
Exclusive insurance agents have only one company to place business with such as Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. Exclusive agents cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so you need to shop around if the rates are high. They are highly trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that can give you comparison quotes.
Choosing the best insurance agent needs to be determined by more than just a cheap quote. Before buying a policy in Sacramento, get answers to these questions.
- How many years have they been established?
- If independent agents, which companies do they recommend?
- Do they see any coverage gaps in your plan?
- How much will you save each year by using a higher deductible?
- Are they primarily personal or commercial lines agents in Sacramento?
- Can glass claims be handled at your home?
Cheap coverage is out there
When getting Sacramento car insurance quotes online, it’s very important that you do not reduce coverage to reduce premium. There have been many situations where someone sacrificed full coverage and found out when filing a claim that it was a big error on their part. Your goal should be to purchase plenty of coverage for the lowest price while still protecting your assets.
We covered many ideas to compare Subaru BRZ insurance auto insurance rates in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the more likely it is that you will get a better rate. Consumers may even find the most savings is with a company that doesn’t do a lot of advertising. Regional companies may have significantly lower premium rates on certain market segments compared to the large companies like State Farm and Allstate.
More learning opportunities
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for Retired Military in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Toyota Highlander in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is Full Coverage? (Allstate)