The best way to find affordable auto insurance rates is to regularly compare price quotes from companies in Sacramento.
- Step 1: Spend a few minutes and learn about how auto insurance works and the measures you can take to lower rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates like careless driving and a low credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes. Read the full article for tips to help keep rates affordable and get bigger discounts that may have been overlooked.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from multiple sources.
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to the price on your current policy to determine if switching companies saves money. If you find better rates and make a switch, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
- Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit payment along with a signed and completed policy application for your new policy. As soon as you receive it, place the new certificate of insurance in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to use the same coverage limits and deductibles on each quote request and and to get prices from as many different companies as possible. Doing this provides a fair price comparison and the best price selection.
It’s an obvious assumption that auto insurance companies want to keep you from comparing rates. Consumers who get comparison quotes once a year will, in all likelihood, switch to a new company because there is a significant possibility of finding a more affordable policy. A recent auto insurance study revealed that people who did price comparisons regularly saved as much as $850 each year as compared to drivers who don’t make a habit of comparing rates.
If finding low prices for Jeep Cherokee insurance in Sacramento is your ultimate goal, then learning a little about how to quote and compare insurance coverage can help simplify the task of finding more affordable coverage.
Pricing the most affordable policy in Sacramento is not as hard as you may think. If you are already insured or just want to save money, use these techniques to get lower rates and still get good coverage. Drivers just need to use how to compare prices instantly.
The car insurance companies shown below provide quotes in California. To find the best car insurance in Sacramento, it’s a good idea that you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Insurance just makes sense
Despite the high insurance cost for a Jeep Cherokee in Sacramento, insuring your vehicle may be required for several reasons.
- Most states have minimum liability requirements which means the state requires specific limits of liability insurance in order to drive the car legally. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a lien on your Jeep Cherokee, more than likely the lender will make it a condition of the loan that you buy insurance to ensure they get paid if you total the vehicle. If you default on your policy, the lender will be forced to insure your Jeep at a much higher premium rate and force you to reimburse them the higher premium.
- Insurance protects not only your car but also your financial assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you cause an accident and are sued. If you have damage to your Jeep as the result of the weather or an accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay all costs to repair after the deductible has been paid.
The benefits of having insurance more than offset the price you pay, particularly when you have a large claim. But the average American driver is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates at every policy renewal to ensure rates are competitive.
Get cheaper rates by receiving discounts
Some companies don’t always advertise all available discounts in an easy-to-find place, so the following is a list of a few of the more common as well as some of the hidden credits available to bring down your rates.
- Anti-theft Discount – Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently so companies will give you a small discount.
- Accident Forgiveness Coverage – Not really a discount, but companies like State Farm and Progressive allow you one accident before hitting you with a surcharge so long as you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Paperwork-free – Certain insurance companies give back up to $50 for buying your policy over the internet.
- Good Students Pay Less – Excelling in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
- Discount for Life Insurance – Insurance carriers who offer life insurance give a discounted rate on car insurance if you buy a life insurance policy as well.
- New Vehicle Savings – Adding a new car to your policy may earn a small discount since newer vehicles are generally safer.
- Discount for Passive Restraints – Cars that have air bags and/or automatic seat belt systems can get savings as much as 30%.
- Driver Education Discount – Require your teen driver to complete a driver education course as it will make them better drivers and lower rates.
- Sacramento Homeowners Discount – Owning a home in Sacramento can get you a discount because owning a home requires personal responsibility.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your policy upfront rather than paying monthly you could save up to 5%.
Keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. If you do the math and it seems like adding up those discounts means a free policy, you aren’t that lucky.
The best insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are included below.
- State Farm includes discounts for anti-theft, passive restraint, multiple autos, Drive Safe & Save, student away at school, good student, and safe vehicle.
- American Family may offer discounts for bundled insurance, defensive driver, good student, early bird, air bags, and Steer into Savings.
- GEICO has discounts for five-year accident-free, anti-theft, membership and employees, multi-vehicle, air bags, multi-policy, and seat belt use.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including anti-lock brakes, student driver, 55 and older, teen driver, air bags, defensive driver, and automatic seat belts.
- Progressive discounts include online signing, continuous coverage, online quote discount, multi-vehicle, homeowner, and good student.
If you need lower rates, check with each insurance company to give you their best rates. Some of the earlier mentioned discounts might not be offered on policies in Sacramento. For a list of insurance companies who offer insurance discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
When do I need an agent’s advice?
When selecting a policy for your vehicles, there really is not a single plan that fits everyone. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and a cookie cutter policy won’t apply.
For instance, these questions can help discover if your situation will benefit from professional help.
- Are my tools covered if they get stolen from my vehicle?
- Does my medical payments coverage pay my health insurance deductible?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- What states are considered no-fault?
- When would I need rental car insurance?
- Does my policy cover me if I wreck while driving under the influence?
- If my Jeep Cherokee is totaled, can I afford another vehicle?
- Am I better off with higher deductibles on my Jeep Cherokee?
If you can’t answer these questions but one or more may apply to you, you may need to chat with a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, free and may give you better protection.
Ratings for Sacramento car insurance companies
Buying coverage from the top auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many different companies there are to choose from in California. The company rank data below may help you decide which insurers to look at shopping prices with.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford