The recommended way to find the cheapest price for car insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare prices once a year from companies who provide auto insurance in California. You can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Read about what is in your policy and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many things that drive up the price like traffic violations and a poor credit score can be rectified by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives tips to prevent high rates and find overlooked discounts.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give rate quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can provide price quotes from many different companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
Step 4: Give proper notification to your current agent or company to cancel the current policy. Submit a down payment along with a signed application for your new coverage. Once the paperwork is finalized, put the certificate verifying proof of insurance above your visor, in the console, or in the glove compartment.
The key aspect of shopping around is to use the same liability limits and deductibles on each quote and and to compare as many companies as you can. This helps ensure a fair price comparison and a better comparison of the market.
Unbelievably, a large majority of car insurance policyholders renewed their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and almost 40% of drivers have never even compared quotes to find affordable rates. With the average car insurance premium being $1,400, Sacramento drivers could save 35% every year by just comparing quotes, but they underestimate the large savings they would see if they moved their coverage to a different company.
Comparing quotes for the best-priced insurance in Sacramento is actually quite simple. Essentially anyone who requires lower cost insurance stands a good chance to find a lower price. Although California car owners do need to know how insurance companies price online insurance because it varies considerably.
The quickest method we recommend to compare rate quotes for Kia Soul EV insurance in Sacramento is to take advantage of the fact auto insurance companies allow for online access to provide you with a free rate quote. The only thing you need to do is provide information such as what your job is, marital status, if a SR-22 is required, and how many miles driven. The data is then submitted to multiple companies and you get price estimates instantly.
If you would like to start a quote now, click here and enter the information requested.
The companies shown below are ready to provide price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. In order to find cheap car insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you compare several of them to get the best price comparison.
Discount Sacramento insurance quotes
Insuring your vehicles can cost a lot, but you may find discounts that may help make it more affordable. Some of these discounts will be visible at the time of purchase, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you qualify for, you are paying more than you should be.
- Early Payment Discounts – By paying your entire bill at once rather than spreading payments over time you may reduce your total bill.
- Air Bags and Passive Restraints – Options like air bags can get savings up to 30%.
- Online Discount – Some larger companies will give you a small discount for buying your policy on their website.
- Homeowners Savings – Just owning your own home can get you a discount since owning and maintaining a home shows financial diligence.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance carriers have a discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Active Service Discounts – Being on active duty in the military could be rewarded with lower prices.
- Buy New and Save – Buying a new car instead of a used Soul EV can save you some money because new model year vehicles have to meet stringent safety requirements.
- Defensive Driving Course – Taking a course in defensive driving could earn you a small percentage discount depending on where you live.
- Multiple Vehicles – Drivers who insure multiple cars with the same insurance company can get a discount on all vehicles.
Please keep in mind that most credits do not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. Just because you may think all those discounts means the company will pay you, it just doesn’t work that way.
Larger insurance companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are outlined below.
- State Farm may offer discounts for anti-theft, safe vehicle, defensive driving training, good student, accident-free, Steer Clear safe driver discount, and driver’s education.
- GEICO may have discounts that include air bags, multi-vehicle, defensive driver, emergency military deployment, daytime running lights, and anti-lock brakes.
- Progressive offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, online signing, homeowner, online quote discount, continuous coverage, and multi-vehicle.
- 21st Century includes discounts for automatic seat belts, student driver, air bags, good student, and 55 and older.
- American Family has discounts for Steer into Savings, defensive driver, mySafetyValet, air bags, good student, and accident-free.
- The Hartford policyholders can earn discounts including defensive driver, good student, bundle, anti-theft, and air bag.
- AAA discounts include multi-policy, education and occupation, anti-theft, AAA membership discount, multi-car, pay-in-full, and good student.
When quoting, ask each company to give you their best rates. A few discounts may not be available in Sacramento.
What Determines Kia Soul EV Insurance Costs?
Multiple criteria are used when premium rates are determined. Some factors are common sense such as your driving record, but other factors are more transparent like where you live or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the things used by your company to calculate your prices.
Prevent theft and save – Choosing a vehicle that has an advanced theft prevention system can save you some money. Systems that thwart thieves like OnStar found on GM vehicles, advanced tracking like LoJack, and vehicle immobilization systems can thwart auto theft.
More than one policy can earn a discount – Some companies apply discounts for people that have more than one policy such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. The discount can be anywhere from five to ten percent in most cases. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to compare other Sacramento Soul EV insurance rates to help ensure you have the lowest rates.
Five star NHTSA crash test rating saves money – Cars with five star safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. The safest vehicles result in less severe injuries and lower rates of occupant injuries means lower claim amounts and cheaper rates on your policy. If the Kia Soul EV has ratings of a minimum four stars on Safercar.gov you may be receiving a better rate.
Drive less and save – The more you drive every year the more you’ll pay to insure it. Most insurance companies calculate rates based upon how the vehicle is primarily used. Vehicles that have low annual miles qualify for better rates as compared to vehicles used primarily for driving to work. Having an incorrect usage rating on your Soul EV may be costing you. Verify your declarations sheet reflects the correct usage, because it can save money.
High credit scores save money – Credit rating will be a significant factor in determining what you pay for insurance. Drivers who have high credit scores tend to file fewer claims than drivers who have lower ratings. If your credit score can use some improvement, you could potentially save money when insuring your Kia Soul EV by spending a little time repairing your credit.
Policy lapses raise premiums – Having a gap between insurance policy dates is a guaranteed way to trigger a rate increase. Not only will rates go up, being ticketed for driving with no insurance might get you a license revocation or jail time. You may then be required to file a SR-22 with the California DMV.
Get cheaper premiums after the wedding – Your spouse can get you a discount on insurance. Having a significant other is viewed as being more mature it has been statistically shown that drivers who are married are more cautious.
Do you have a demanding job? – Occupations such as lawyers, police officers, and stock brokers are shown to have higher rates than average because of intense work situations and long work days. Conversely, occupations like actors, engineers and homemakers pay the least.
Auto insurance agents can help
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is just fine! One of the great benefits of comparing rates online is you may find the best rates and still have a local agent. Putting coverage with local insurance agencies is important particularly in Sacramento.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this form (opens in new window), your information is transmitted to local insurance agents that give free quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to your email. You’ll get the best rates and a licensed agent to work with. If you need to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and give them your coverage information.
The different types of auto insurance agents
If you want to use a reputable insurance agent or broker, there are a couple of different types of agents that you can choose from. Auto insurance agents can be classified as either exclusive or independent (non-exclusive).
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies through many different auto insurance companies and get you the best rates possible. If they quote lower rates, your policy is moved internally and the insured can keep the same agent.
If you need lower rates, it’s recommended you compare quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you can do a thorough price comparison. Most have the option of insuring with small mutual carriers which can be an advantage.
The following is a list of independent agents in Sacramento who may be able to give you free auto insurance rate quotes.
- Eugene C Yates Insurance
Sacramento, CA 95814 – Sacramento, CA 95814 – (916) 442-8841 – View Map
- Styrsky Insurance Agency
706 56th St – Sacramento, CA 95819 – (916) 361-8114 – View Map
- Skyles Insurance Agency
9840 Business Park Dr – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (888) 900-9989 – View Map
Exclusive Auto Insurance Agencies
These type of agents write business for a single company and some examples include Allstate, Farmers Insurance, State Farm, and AAA. They usually cannot provide rate quotes from other companies so they have to upsell other benefits. Exclusive insurance agents are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage. Drivers often use the same exclusive agent mostly because of the brand legacy and strong financial ratings.
Listed below is a list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
- Sherman Chan – State Farm Insurance Agent
1355 Florin Rd Ste 1 – Sacramento, CA 95822 – (916) 422-1550 – View Map
- Allstate Insurance: John Chandler
900 Jefferson Blvd #110 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 374-1600 – View Map
- Tim Kwong – State Farm Insurance Agent
1035 Jefferson Blvd #5 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 371-4730 – View Map
Choosing a insurance agency requires more thought than just the quoted price. Before buying a policy in Sacramento, get answers to these questions.
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- What company holds the largest book of business for them?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- How will an accident affect your rates?
- Can they provide you with a list of referrals?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Can you choose the body shop in case repairs are needed?
Quote. Compare. Save.
Consumers leave their current company for a number of reasons such as not issuing a premium refund, extreme rates for teen drivers, denial of a claim or high rates after DUI convictions. It doesn’t matter why you want to switch switching car insurance companies can be easier than you think.
Lower-priced car insurance in Sacramento can be sourced on the web and also from your neighborhood Sacramento agents, and you need to price shop both to have the best rate selection. A few companies may not offer rates over the internet and usually these smaller companies provide coverage only through independent insurance agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how you can shop for Kia Soul EV insurance online. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Sacramento auto insurance, the better your comparison will be. Drivers may even discover the lowest rates come from some of the lesser-known companies.
More information can be found below:
- Avoiding Deer Collisions (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Immigrants in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for 18 Year Olds in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What is the Best Auto Insurance in Sacramento, CA? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Unemployed Drivers? (FAQ)
- Think You’re a Safe Driver? (State Farm)
- Teen Driving Statistics (iihs.org)
- How Much Auto Coverage do I Need? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Vehicle Insurance in the U.S. (Wikipedia)