The best way to find affordable Mitsubishi Lancer insurance is to compare prices once a year from companies in Sacramento.
- Step 1: Learn about auto insurance and the modifications you can make to keep rates down. Many rating criteria that cause high rates like accidents, traffic violations, and a not-so-good credit rating can be amended by being financially responsible and driving safely. Later in this article we will cover the details to keep prices down and find discounts that you may qualify for.
- Step 2: Quote rates from exclusive agents, independent agents, and direct providers. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while agents who are independent can provide rate quotes for a wide range of insurance providers.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and change companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
A tip to remember is to use identical coverages on every price quote and and to compare every company you can. This provides a fair price comparison and a thorough selection of prices.
Astonishing but true according to a recent study, the vast majority of consumers have purchased from the same company for four years or more, and just short of a majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in America being $1,847, drivers could save themselves as much as 46.5% a year just by getting comparison quotes, but they won't spend time to compare rates.
Cheap car insurance in Sacramento, CA
The companies shown below have been selected to offer comparison quotes in Sacramento, CA. In order to find cheaper auto insurance in Sacramento, CA, we recommend you visit several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Rate information and statistics
The rate table shown next outlines different insurance coverage prices for Mitsubishi Lancer models. Understanding more about how auto insurance policy rates are determined can aid in making smart choices when selecting a coverage provider.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Lancer Sportback GTS||$420||$898||$534||$32||$160||$2,044||$170|
|Lancer Sportback Ralliart||$464||$1016||$534||$32||$160||$2,206||$184|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data assumes single male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $250 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, multi-policy, claim-free, homeowner, and multi-vehicle. Table data does not factor in specific location which can increase or decrease insurance rates noticeably.
Mitsubishi Lancer insurance rates: Men versus women
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer premium costs for male and female drivers. The price estimates are based on no violations or claims, comp and collision included, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Full coverage rates compared to liability-only
The diagram below illustrates the comparison of Mitsubishi Lancer auto insurance costs with full physical damage coverage and with liability coverage only. The prices are based on no accidents or driving violations, $100 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are factored in.
Guidelines for eliminating full coverage
There is no definitive rule for dropping physical damage insurance, but there is a guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then you might want to think about dropping full coverage.
For example, let's pretend your Mitsubishi Lancer claim settlement value is $4,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $3,000 after the policy deductible has been paid. If premium cost is more than $300 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then it may be the right time to buy liability only.
There are some circumstances where buying only liability insurance is not recommended. If you still owe money on your vehicle, you have to carry full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don't have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is damaged, you should keep full coverage.
Smart Choices Result in Lower Insurance Costs
The best way to find cheaper insurance is to take a look at the rating factors that help calculate your premiums. When consumers understand what determines premiums, this allows you to make educated decisions that can earn you much lower annual insurance costs.
- Liability insurance - A critical coverage on your policy, liability insurance is the coverage that protects you when a jury decides you are liable for physical damage or personal injury to other. Liability insurance provides legal defense which can be incredibly expensive. Carrying liability coverage is mandatory and cheap compared to insuring for physical damage coverage, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- What are your comp and collision deductibles? - Comp and collision deductibles are how much you are willing to pay out-of-pocket if you file a covered claim. Protection for physical damage, termed comprehensive and collision coverage on your policy, insures against damage to your car. Some examples of covered claims are a windshield broken by a bird, fire damage, or theft of your vehicle. The more the insured is willing to pay, the lower your rates will be.
- Do you know you're credit rating? - Having a bad credit rating can be a huge factor in your rate calculation. People that have excellent credit scores tend to file fewer claims and have better driving records than drivers with bad credit. If your credit rating is lower than you'd like, you could be paying less to insure your Mitsubishi Lancer by repairing your credit.
- GPS tracking and theft deterrents lower rates - Selecting a car model that has a built-in theft deterrent system can help bring down rates. Theft deterrent systems like LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM's OnStar system all help stop vehicle theft.
- Where you call home plays a part - Choosing to live in areas with lower population can be a good thing if you are looking for the lowest rates. People who live in big cities have to deal with more traffic problems and higher rates of accident claims. Less people living in that area translates into fewer accidents in addition to fewer liability claims.
- Don't abuse policy claims - If you are a frequent claim filer, you should expect either higher rates or even cancellation. Companies in California award discounts to insureds who only file infrequent claims. Your car insurance is intended to be relied upon for claims that pose a financial burden.
- Marriage pays dividends - Your spouse may earn you lower rates on your policy. Having a significant other usually means you are less irresponsible and it's statistically proven that married drivers tend to file fewer claims.
Mitsubishi Lancer claim data - Insurers use past loss statistics for each vehicle to help calculate a profitable premium rate. Models that statistically have higher prevalence or dollar amount of losses will cost more to insure. The table shown below demonstrates the actual insurance loss data for Mitsubishi Lancer vehicles.
For each policy coverage type, the statistical loss for all vehicles, regardless of make, model or trim level, is a value of 100. Percentage numbers below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while values that are above 100 indicate higher probability of having a loss or an increased likelihood of larger losses.
Mitsubishi Lancer Insurance Loss Statistics Vehicle Model Collision Property Damage Comp Personal Injury Medical Payment Bodily Injury Mitsubishi Lancer 2WD 153 146 127 192 218 172 Mitsubishi Lancer 4WD 149 131 148 135 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution 4WD 225 123 221BETTERAVERAGEWORSE
Empty fields indicate not enough data collected
Statistics from IIHS.org for 2013-2015 Model Years
Cheaper Mitsubishi Lancer insurance quotes in Sacramento
Companies don't always list every available discount in an easy-to-find place, so we researched some of the more common and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Multiple Vehicles - Buying coverage for primary and secondary vehicles on the same auto insurance policy can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- Passenger Safety Discount - Options like air bags or automatic seat belts can qualify for discounts of 20 to 30 percent.
- Discounts for Government Workers - Being employed by or retired from a federal job may qualify for a discount when you quote Sacramento auto insurance with select insurance companies.
- Include Life Insurance and Save - Larger insurance companies have a small discount if you purchase some life insurance too.
- Safe Driver Discount - Safe drivers can save as much as half off their rates than drivers with accident claims.
Drivers should understand that most discounts do not apply to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as liability, collision or medical payments. So despite the fact that it appears you could get a free auto insurance policy, it doesn't quite work that way. But all discounts will definitely lower your auto insurance premiums.
The example below compares Mitsubishi Lancer insurance costs with and without discounts applied to the policy premium. The prices are based on a male driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $100 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, safe-driver, claim-free, marriage, multi-policy, and multi-car discounts applied.
A list of companies and their possible discounts can be read below.
- American Family has discounts for accident-free, defensive driver, good student, multi-vehicle, and early bird.
- Nationwide may offer discounts for accident-free, family plan, easy pay, defensive driving, business or organization, and multi-policy.
- MetLife offers premium reductions for good driver, defensive driver, claim-free, multi-policy, good student, accident-free
- 21st Century may have discounts that include driver training, anti-lock brakes, student driver, good student, and homeowners.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for homeowner, pay in full, early shopping, distant student, alternative fuel, and youthful driver.
- Allstate offers discounts including passive restraint, senior citizen, anti-theft, utility vehicle, premier discount, multi-policy, and resident student.
If you are trying to find affordable Mitsubishi Lancer insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts you may be entitled to. Discounts might not be available to policyholders in every state. If you would like to view auto insurance companies that provide some of the discounts listed above in Sacramento, click this link.
What if I want to buy from local Sacramento auto insurance agents?
Certain consumers still like to have an agent's advice and that can be a smart move The best thing about comparing insurance prices online is you may find cheap car insurance rates but still work with a licensed agent.
Upon completion of this simple form, the coverage information is sent to agents in your area who will gladly provide quotes for your coverage. You don't have to even leave your home as quotes are delivered to the email address you provide. You can get cheaper car insurance rates without requiring a lot of work. If you have a need to get a comparison quote for a specific company, don't hesitate to jump over to their website and fill out the quote form the provide.
Choosing a provider should depend on more than just the premium amount. Here are some questions you should ask.
- Does the company use OEM repair parts?
- Are claims handled at the agent's location?
- Does the agent have a valid license to sell insurance in California?
- Do they carry Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the company allow you to choose your own collision repair facility?
- Do you have coverage for a rental car if your vehicle is in the repair shop?
- Do the companies they represent have a solid financial rating?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
Cheaper car insurance is a realistic goal
While you're price shopping online, make sure you don't buy lower coverage limits just to save a few bucks. There are many occasions where an insured dropped collision coverage only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your objective should be to get the best coverage possible at a price you can afford, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
Throughout this article, we presented a lot of techniques to find lower-cost Mitsubishi Lancer insurance in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more you quote Sacramento auto insurance, the better chance you'll have of finding low cost Sacramento auto insurance quotes. You may even discover the best rates are with the least-expected company. Smaller companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as GEICO and State Farm.
To learn more, feel free to visit the resources below:
- Understanding Your Insurance Deductible (Insurance Information Institute)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for Drivers Requiring a SR22 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Tread Depth and Tire Safety (State Farm)
- No-Fault Auto Insurance Statistics (Insurance Information Institute)