Unbelievably, nearly 70% of drivers kept their policy with the same company for over three years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. Most drivers in Sacramento could save up to $500 each year just by getting comparison quotes, but they just don’t want to compare other rate quotes.
The best way to get low-cost auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from providers that insure vehicles in California. You can compare prices by following these steps.
- Gain an understanding of how companies price auto insurance and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many things that cause rate increases like inattentive driving and a not-so-good credit score can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Compare rates from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Exclusive agents and direct companies can only give prices from one company like GEICO and State Farm, while agents who are independent can provide price quotes for many different companies.
- Compare the new rate quotes to the premium of your current policy and see if there is a cheaper rate in Sacramento. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Give notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit any necessary down payment along with the completed application to your new company or agent. When you receive it, keep your new proof of insurance certificate in an accessible location in your vehicle.
The key thing to remember is that you’ll want to compare the same amount of coverage on every quote and and to compare as many companies as possible. This enables a level playing field and a thorough price selection.
If you have insurance now, you will definitely be able to find the best rates using the techniques presented in this article. Locating the most cost-effective insurance policy in Sacramento can be much easier if you know how to start. But California consumers must understand how companies compete online and use this information to your advantage.
It’s important to know that making a lot of price comparisons will increase your chances of finding better pricing. Some smaller insurers do not give online price quotes, so you also need to get rates from them, too.
The following companies are our best choices to provide free quotes in Sacramento, CA. To get the best car insurance in Sacramento, we suggest you click on several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
It may be expensive, but it’s not optional
Despite the potentially high cost of Saab 9-7X insurance, paying for car insurance serves an important purpose.
- The majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means state laws require specific limits of liability in order to be legal. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saab, most banks will stipulate that you have physical damage coverage to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank will be required to insure your Saab at an extremely high rate and require you to fork over much more than you were paying before.
- Car insurance protects both your Saab and your personal assets. Insurance will also pay for hospital and medical expenses for yourself as well as anyone injured by you. One policy coverage, liability insurance, also pays expenses related to your legal defense if you are named as a defendant in an auto accident. If you have damage to your Saab as the result of the weather or an accident, comprehensive and/or collision insurance will pay to repair the damage.
The benefits of insuring your car more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. According to a survey of 1,000 drivers, the average driver is currently overpaying as much as $700 annually so we recommend shopping around at every policy renewal to make sure the price is not too high.
Get discounts on Sacramento insurance
Insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but you might already qualify for some discounts that can dramatically reduce your bill. Certain reductions will be credited when you get a quote, but some need to be requested specifically before you will receive the discount. If you don’t get every credit available, you are not getting the best rate possible.
- Safety Restraint Discount – Drivers who require all occupants to use their safety belts can save 10% or more off the medical payments premium.
- Save with a New Car – Insuring a new 9-7X can save you some money since new vehicles are generally safer.
- Accident Free – Insureds with no claims or accidents have much lower rates as opposed to drivers who are more careless.
- Paper-free Discount – Many insurance companies will discount your bill up to fifty bucks for buying a policy and signing up on the web.
- Membership in Organizations – Being in certain professional organizations could earn you a nice discount on insurance.
- Safety Course Discount – Taking a safe driver course can save you 5% or more and easily pay for the cost of the class.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Low annual miles may allow you to get substantially lower premium rates.
Please keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to the overall cost of the policy. Most only reduce individual premiums such as physical damage coverage or medical payments. Despite the fact that it seems like it’s possible to get free car insurance, it doesn’t quite work that way.
Companies and a partial list of their discounts are detailed below.
- Progressive offers discounts for multi-policy, online quote discount, online signing, continuous coverage, homeowner, multi-vehicle, and good student.
- Farmers Insurance may have discounts that include electronic funds transfer, alternative fuel, mature driver, homeowner, business and professional, and bundle discounts.
- Farm Bureau offers premium reductions for good student, 55 and retired, renewal discount, youthful driver, multi-policy, safe driver, and driver training.
- State Farm has discounts for good driver, defensive driving training, anti-theft, accident-free, multiple autos, and passive restraint.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, air bags, multi-policy, military active duty, emergency military deployment, and membership and employees.
- SAFECO has savings for multi-car, anti-theft, teen safety rewards, drive less, homeowner, accident prevention training, and safe driver.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for multi-policy, preferred payment discount, exclusive group savings, good student, and newly retired.
If you want cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes, ask every insurance company to give you their best rates. Savings may not apply to policyholders in your state.