If you want to save money, the best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to compare prices at least once a year from insurers who can sell car insurance in California. Rates can be compared by completing these steps.
- Step 1: Take a little time to learn about how companies set rates and the measures you can take to prevent expensive coverage. Many factors that result in higher prices like traffic citations, accidents, and a less-than-favorable credit score can be controlled by paying attention to minor details.
- Step 2: Request price quotes from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices for many different companies. Get quotes now
- Step 3: Compare the new quotes to your existing rates and see if there is a cheaper rate. If you find a lower rate quote and switch companies, verify that coverage does not lapse between policies.
One thing to remember is to make sure you're comparing the same liability limits and deductibles on every quote and and to analyze as many companies as you can. Doing this enables a fair rate comparison and many rates to choose from.
Inconceivable but true, 70% of consumers have remained with the same car insurance company for a minimum of four years, and practically 40% of car insurance customers have never compared rates with other companies. With the average car insurance premium being $1,847, American drivers could save as much as $850 each year by just comparing rate quotes, but most undervalue the rate savings if they switch to a new company.
Quoting and comparing more affordable auto insurance in Sacramento is not as hard as you may think. If you have insurance now or need new coverage, use these tips to buy cheaper auto insurance while maintaining coverages. Smart shoppers just need to know the proper methods to shop their coverage around online.
Best Chevy Traverse insurance rate quotes in California
The car insurance companies shown below can provide free quotes in California. If multiple companies are listed, it's a good idea that you compare several of them to get a more complete price comparison.
Insurance data for a Chevy Traverse
The coverage table shown next highlights estimates of insurance costs for Chevy Traverse models. Being aware of how policy premiums are calculated is important to be able to make smart choices when buying a policy.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Traverse LS 2WD||$162||$246||$354||$20||$106||$888||$74|
|Traverse LS AWD||$184||$246||$354||$20||$106||$910||$76|
|Traverse LT 2WD||$184||$246||$354||$20||$106||$910||$76|
|Traverse LT AWD||$184||$300||$354||$20||$106||$964||$80|
|Traverse LTZ 2WD||$184||$300||$354||$20||$106||$964||$80|
|Traverse LTZ AWD||$184||$300||$354||$20||$106||$964||$80|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data based on married female driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy. Prices do not factor in specific location information which can raise or lower premium rates substantially.
Four factors that impact insurance costs
Many things are considered when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like an MVR report, but other factors are more obscure such as your credit history or your commute time.
The itemized list below are some of the items utilized by car insurance companies to help set your premiums.
Inexpensive frequent policy claims are not good - Auto insurance companies in California award better rates to policyholders who do not file claims often. If you are a frequent claim filer, you can definitely plan on either higher rates or even cancellation. Auto insurance is intended to be relied upon for larger claims.
Do you have a high stress employer? - Did you know that where you work can have an impact on rates? Careers like real estate brokers, business owners, and emergency personnel have higher average rates in part from job stress and lengthy work days. Other occupations like farmers, historians and performers have the lowest average rates.
Urban residents pay more - Being located in areas with lower population may provide you with better prices when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer people corresponds to lower accident rates and also fewer theft and vandalism claims. Urban drivers have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. Longer commute distances means more chance of being in an accident.
Bad drivers pay high prices - Just one chargeable violation can boost insurance rates by twenty percent. Attentive drivers tend to pay less for car insurance than people who have multiple driving citations. Drivers who have careless citations such as reckless driving or DUI may need to complete a SR-22 with their state's licensing department in order to continue driving.
The diagram below illustrates how speeding tickets and accidents can raise Chevy Traverse auto insurance rates for each different age group. Data assumes a single female driver, comprehensive and collision coverage, $1,000 deductibles, and no other discounts are factored in.
Chevy Traverse insurance loss data - Insurers use past insurance losses to help set a rate to offset losses. Vehicles that tend to have higher losses will have higher premium rates.
The next table illustrates the compiled insurance loss statistics for Chevy Traverse vehicles. For each policy coverage, the loss probability for all vehicles, regardless of manufacturer or model, is a value of 100. Values that are below 100 indicate a favorable loss history, while percentages above 100 point to more losses or a tendency for losses to be larger than average.
|Vehicle Model||Collision||Property Damage||Comp||Personal Injury||Medical Payment||Bodily Injury|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 2WD||75||101||72||93||90||90|
|Chevrolet Traverse 4dr 4WD||72||91||82||78||76||78|
Data Source: iihs.org (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety) for 2013-2015 Model Years
Insurance rates and discounts
Insurance can cost an arm and a leg, but companies offer discounts to help offset the cost. Some trigger automatically when you quote, but some need to be inquired about in order for you to get them. If they aren't giving you every credit you deserve, you are just wasting money.
- Braking Control Discount - Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles prevent accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- One Accident Forgiven - Not necessarily a discount, but a handful of insurance companies will let one accident slide before raising your premiums if you have no claims for a particular time prior to the accident.
- Good Student Discount - This discount can get you a discount of up to 25%. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Theft Deterrent - Vehicles that have factory alarm systems and tracking devices are stolen less frequently and earn discounts up to 10% off your Sacramento car insurance quote.
- Own a Home - Just owning your own home can save a few bucks because maintaining a house requires a higher level of personal finance.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Maintaining low annual mileage could be rewarded with lower premium rates due to less chance of an accident.
- Renewal Discounts - Select companies give a discount for buying a policy before your current expiration date. You could save around 10% when you buy Sacramento car insurance online.
- Student Discount for Driver Training - Have your child take driver's ed class if offered at their school.
- New Car Discount - Insuring a new Traverse can get you a discount since newer models are generally safer.
- No Claim Discounts - Good drivers with no accidents have much lower rates compared to frequent claim filers.
Discounts reduce rates, but you should keep in mind that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. Most cut individual premiums such as comp or med pay. Just because it seems like you could get a free insurance policy, it's just not the way it works.
The example below illustrates the comparison of Chevy Traverse premium costs with and without discounts. The data assumes a male driver, no driving violations, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $500 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with homeowner, multi-policy, claim-free, marriage, safe-driver, and multi-car discounts applied.
Large insurance companies and some of their more popular discounts are detailed below.
- GEICO may include discounts for driver training, membership and employees, seat belt use, five-year accident-free, and good student.
- USAA has savings for driver training, safe driver, annual mileage, loyalty savings, vehicle storage, multi-policy, and good student.
- Progressive offers premium reductions for good student, online quote discount, homeowner, continuous coverage, multi-vehicle, and multi-policy.
- American Family offers discounts for early bird, air bags, good student, Steer into Savings, good driver, and accident-free.
- Esurance offers discounts including claim free, anti-lock brakes, Switch & Save, DriveSense, Pac-12 alumni, and renters.
- Farmers Insurance includes discounts for youthful driver, distant student, alternative fuel, electronic funds transfer, pay in full, and multi-car.
- State Farm may offer discounts for student away at school, passive restraint, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, safe vehicle, and driver's education.
It's a good idea to ask each company or agent how many discounts you can get. Some of the discounts discussed earlier might not be available to policyholders in Sacramento. If you would like to choose from a list of insurance companies with the best Chevy Traverse insurance discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
Can't I compare rate quotes from local Sacramento insurance agencies?
A lot of people still like to talk to a local agent and doing that can be a smart decision Agents are very good at helping people manage risk and help in the event of a claim. One of the great benefits of price shopping on the web is the fact that drivers can get the best rates and still have an agent to talk to. And providing support for local insurance agents is important particularly in Sacramento.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this form (opens in new window), your information gets sent to local insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your business. You never need to leave your computer because prices are sent to you directly. If for some reason you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always visit that company's website and fill out the quote form the provide.
If you are wanting to purchase car insurance from a reliable insurance agency, there are a couple of types of insurance agents that differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Car insurance agents in Sacramento are considered either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can properly insure your vehicles, but it is important to understand the difference in how they write coverage because it may have an impact on buying decisions.
Independent Agencies or Brokers
Agents in the independent channel are normally appointed by many insurers and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies enabling the ability to shop coverage around. If your premiums go up, they simply switch companies in-house and that require little work on your part.
When comparison shopping, you will want to get several quotes from several independent insurance agents so that you have a good selection of quotes to compare.
Below is a partial list of independent agents in Sacramento who can help you get rate quotes.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
Agents of this type write business for a single company like Allstate, AAA, Farmers Insurance, and State Farm. They are unable to shop your coverage around so keep that in mind. They are well trained in insurance sales which helps offset the inability to provide other markets.
Listed below is a list of exclusive insurance agencies in Sacramento willing to provide comparison quotes.
Picking a insurance agent is decision based upon more than just the price. Here are some questions to ask:
- Which companies do they recommend if they are an independent agency?
- Do you work with a CSR or direct with the agent?
- How long has their agency been in business in Sacramento?
- Will they make sure you get an adequate claim settlement?
- What companies can they write with?
- Do they specialize in personal lines coverage in Sacramento?
After receiving positive responses to all your questions and affordable Chevrolet Traverse insurance rates in Sacramento quotes, you may have found an insurance agency that will service your policy. But keep in mind it's your coverage and you can cancel a policy whenever you choose to so never feel you're contractually obligated to your new company for the entire policy term.
Cover all your bases
There are still a few companies who may not have the ability to get quotes online and many times these small insurance companies sell through local independent agents. Cheap Chevy Traverse insurance in Sacramento is attainable online in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, so you need to compare both so you have a total pricing picture.
When getting Sacramento car insurance quotes online, make sure you don't reduce needed coverages to save money. Too many times, someone sacrificed full coverage only to regret that the small savings ended up costing them much more. The proper strategy is to purchase a proper amount of coverage at a price you can afford while not skimping on critical coverages.
For more information, feel free to browse the following helpful articles:
- Self-driving cars won't replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Lyft Drivers? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for a Toyota Camry? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- Tools for Teen Driving Safety (State Farm)
- Help Your Teen Be a Better Driver (State Farm)
- How Can I Save Money on Auto Insurance? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Understanding Limits and Deductibles (Allstate)