Unbelievable but true according to a study most consumers kept their coverage with the same car insurance company for over three years, and 38% of drivers have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in California can save as much as $469 each year by just comparing quotes, but most undervalue the amount of savings they would get if they bought a different policy.
The preferred way to find better pricing on auto insurance rates is to start comparing prices regularly from insurers who sell auto insurance in Sacramento.
- Step 1: Read and learn about how companies set rates and the changes you can make to prevent rate increases. Many policy risk factors that result in higher prices such as traffic tickets, fender benders, and a negative credit history can be remedied by being financially responsible and driving safely.
- Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can give quotes from one company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agencies can give you price quotes for a wide range of companies.
- Step 3: Compare the new rate quotes to your current policy premium to see if a cheaper price is available. If you find better rates and decide to switch, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
One thing to remember is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get quotes from all possible companies. This provides the most accurate price comparison and the most accurate and complete price analysis.
This information will teach you the best way to buy inexpensive car insurance. If you have car insurance now, you should be able to find the best rates using the ideas covered in this article. But California car owners do need to understand how the larger insurance companies market insurance on the web.
The best way to compare insurance rates from multiple companies is to realize most larger insurance companies participate in online systems to provide you with a free rate quote. All you need to do is give them some information including whether or not you need a SR-22, types of safety features, how old drivers are, and whether the vehicles are used for commuting. That information gets sent immediately to many different companies and you will get price comparisons with very little delay.
To check rates for your Honda Ridgeline now, click here and enter your zip code.
The providers in the list below are our best choices to provide quotes in California. To buy cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, it’s a good idea that you get rates from several of them to get the cheapest price.
Discounts for lower-cost insurance rates
Insurance is expensive, but there could be significant discounts that can drop the cost substantially. Most are applied at quote time, but once in a while a discount must be asked for before they will apply. If you aren’t receiving every discount possible, you’re paying more than you need to.
- Mature Driver Discount – Drivers that qualify as senior citizens can possibly qualify for reduced rates.
- Anti-theft System – Cars optioned with advanced anti-theft systems prevent vehicle theft and earn discounts up to 10% off your Sacramento auto insurance quote.
- Student in College – Older children who live away from home to go to college and don’t have a car could qualify for this discount.
- Early Renewal Discounts – A few companies offer discounts for switching companies before your current coverage expires. This discount can save up to 10%.
- Clubs and Organizations – Being a member of a civic or occupational organization in Sacramento is a simple method to lower premiums on your next insurance statement.
Consumers should know that most discount credits are not given to your bottom line cost. A few only apply to the price of certain insurance coverages like comprehensive or collision. So even though it sounds like you can get free auto insurance, that’s just not realistic. Any amount of discount will bring down the amount you have to pay.
The chart below shows the difference between Honda Ridgeline insurance prices with and without discounts applied to the policy rates. Data assumes a male driver, no claims, a clean driving record, California state minimum liability limits, full physical damage coverage, and $1,000 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, safe-driver, marriage, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy discounts applied.
Larger insurance companies and their offered discounts can be found below.
- GEICO may offer discounts for multi-vehicle, emergency military deployment, anti-theft, membership and employees, seat belt use, multi-policy, and federal employee.
- Travelers may include discounts for payment discounts, continuous insurance, hybrid/electric vehicle, IntelliDrive, early quote, student away at school, and driver training.
- Nationwide has discounts for good student, business or organization, defensive driving, multi-policy, anti-theft, and accident-free.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts for bundle discounts, pay in full, teen driver, alternative fuel, and good student.
- Esurance discounts include Pac-12 alumni, renters, defensive driver, homeowner, anti-theft, good driver, and multi-policy.
- State Farm includes discounts for driver’s education, good driver, defensive driving training, Drive Safe & Save, and multiple policy.
- Progressive has savings for online quote discount, homeowner, multi-policy, online signing, good student, and continuous coverage.
- Mercury Insurance policyholders can earn discounts including good driver, annual mileage, professional/association, ease of repair, multi-car, multi-policy, and location of vehicle.
When getting a coverage quote, ask each company how you can save money. All car insurance discounts may not apply to policyholders in Sacramento.
Honda Ridgeline insurance coverage information
The premium information shown next covers detailed analysis of insurance rates for Honda Ridgeline models. Being able to understand how policy premiums are formulated can help drivers make smart choices when choosing a car insurance company.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|Ridgeline RT 4WD||$326||$708||$564||$34||$168||$1,800||$150|
|Ridgeline RTS 4WD||$370||$708||$564||$34||$168||$1,844||$154|
|Ridgeline RTL 4WD||$370||$834||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Ridgeline RTL W/Navigation 4WD||$370||$834||$564||$34||$168||$1,970||$164|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Prices above based on single male driver age 50, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $100 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, safe-driver, homeowner, and claim-free. Price estimates do not factor in specific zip code location which can alter coverage prices noticeably.
The diagram below illustrates how your deductible choice and can influence Honda Ridgeline premium costs for different age groups. The premiums are based on a married female driver, full coverage, and no discounts are applied.
Premiums by gender and age
The example below shows the comparison of Honda Ridgeline insurance prices for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no claims, a clean driving record, full physical damage coverage, $1,000 deductibles, single marital status, and no additional discounts are factored in.
Cost difference between full coverage and liability
The chart below shows the difference between Honda Ridgeline insurance premiums with liability coverage only compared to full coverage. The prices are based on no claims or violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are applied.
When to drop full coverage
There is no definitive formula for phasing out physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the yearly cost of full coverage is 10% or more of any settlement you would receive from your insurance company, then it might be time to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Honda Ridgeline settlement value is $9,000 and you have $1,000 physical damage deductibles. If your vehicle is severely damaged, the most you would receive is $8,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If you are paying in excess of $800 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, then you may want to consider only buying liability coverage.
There are some situations where eliminating full coverage is not advised. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage to satisfy the loan requirements. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle if your current one is totaled, you should not consider dropping full coverage.
Lower Your Sacramento Insurance Premiums
Many factors are taken into consideration when pricing auto insurance. Some are obvious like a motor vehicle report, although others are more transparent like your vehicle usage and annual miles driven.
- Don’t cancel your coverage without a new one in place – Having an insurance coverage lapse can be a fast way to pay more for insurance. And not only will your rates increase, failure to provide proof of insurance could result in a fine, jail time, or a revoked license.
- Prevent your car from being stolen – Purchasing a vehicle with a theft deterrent system can help lower your rates. Systems that thwart thieves such as LoJack tracking devices, vehicle tamper alarm systems or GM’s OnStar system all aid in stopping your car from being stolen.
- Lower rates for safer cars – Safe vehicles tend to have lower insurance rates. Highly rated vehicles have better occupant injury protection and lower injury rates means less money paid by your insurance company which can mean better rates for you. If your Honda is rated at a minimum an “acceptable” rating on the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety website or four stars on the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration website you may be receiving a better rate.
- Your address can affect costs – Having an address in small towns and rural areas has it’s advantages when insuring your vehicles. Fewer people translates into fewer accidents and lower theft and vandalism rates. Residents of big cities tend to have more aggressive driving styles and much longer commute distances. The longer drive time means more chance of being in an accident.
Local Sacramento auto insurance agents
A lot of people still prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision The best thing about getting online price quotes is you can get cheap auto insurance quotes but still work with a licensed agent. Putting coverage with small agencies is important especially in Sacramento.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, the coverage information is immediately sent to insurance agents in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It’s much easier because you don’t need to search for an agent since rate quotes are delivered immediately to your email address. You can find lower rates AND a local agent. If for some reason you want to compare rates from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and complete a quote there.
Best auto insurance agent in Sacramento
When finding an insurance agent, it can be helpful to understand the different types of agencies and how they differ in how they can insure your vehicles. Auto insurance policy providers can be classified as either independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive.
Independent Agents (or Brokers)
Agents that choose to be independent can quote rates with many companies so they can write business with lots of companies and get the cheapest rates. If they find a lower price, your policy is moved internally which requires no work on your part. If you need cheaper auto insurance rates, it’s recommended you get quotes from at least one independent agent to have the most options to choose from.
Featured below are independent agents in Sacramento who can help you get free auto insurance quotes.
Indus Insurance Agency Incorporated
6968 65th St – Sacramento, CA 95823 – (916) 391-3000 – View Map
Agents that choose to be exclusive can only provide pricing for a single company such as State Farm, AAA, and Liberty Mutual. These agents are unable to provide other company’s prices so keep that in mind. They are usually well trained on their products and sales techniques which can be an advantage.
Below are exclusive agencies in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
Finding the right insurance agency needs to be determined by more than just the bottom line cost. These are some valid questions you should ask.
- Does the company have a solid financial rating?
- Is the agency covered by Errors and Omissions coverage?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is their price quote a firm figure or are their hidden costs?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Are they properly licensed to sell insurance in California?
When in doubt talk to an agent
When choosing a policy, there really isn’t a best way to insure your cars. Every situation is different so your insurance should reflect that
Here are some questions about coverages that might help in determining if your insurance needs will benefit from professional help.
- When do I need to add a new car to my policy?
- How do I insure my teen driver?
- Which companies are cheaper for teen drivers?
- Does car insurance cover theft of personal property?
- If my car is totaled with they pay enough to replace it?
- Is my nanny covered when transporting my kids?
- I have health insurance so do I need medical payments coverage?
- Is my Honda Ridgeline covered for flood damage?
- Who is covered by my policy?
- Is my Honda Ridgeline covered if I use it for business?
If you’re not sure about those questions, you may need to chat with an insurance agent. To find an agent in your area, take a second and complete this form or go to this page to view a list of companies.
A little work can save a LOT of money
As you go through the steps to switch your coverage, it’s not a good idea to skimp on coverage in order to save money. Too many times, someone dropped comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that it was a big mistake. Your focus should be to buy enough coverage for the lowest price, but do not sacrifice coverage to save money.
More affordable car insurance in Sacramento can be found both online and from local agencies, and you should be comparing both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies do not provide online price quotes and usually these small, regional companies only sell through local independent agents.
We’ve covered some good ideas how to find cheaper Honda Ridgeline insurance in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more companies you get prices for, the better your comparison will be. Consumers may even find the best price on car insurance is with a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies can often insure niche markets at a lower cost as compared to the big name companies such as Allstate or State Farm.
- Crash Avoidance Technologies FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Nissan Sentra in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Auto Insurance for Nurses in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Auto Insurance Rates for 4×4 Vehicles in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest with Multiple Speeding Tickets in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What does Personal Injury Protection (PIP) Cover? (Allstate)
- Top Signs Your Brakes are Giving Out (State Farm)
- Five Steps to Filing an Auto Insurance Claim (Insurance Information Institute)
- Coverage Information (Progressive Insurance)