Amazingly, most car insurance customers renewed their policy with the same company for more than four years, and nearly 40% of drivers have never even compared rates from other companies. Sacramento insurance shoppers could save about $500 every year by just comparing quotes, but most just don't grasp the amount of savings they would get if they changed companies.
The best way we recommend to find cheaper quotes for Lincoln LS insurance is to regularly compare prices from companies who sell auto insurance in Sacramento.
First, read about policy coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates low. Many factors that cause rate increases such as speeding tickets, careless driving and a low credit rating can be controlled by improving your driving habits or financial responsibility. This article gives instructions to get low prices and find possible discounts that are available.
Second, compare price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give rate quotes from a single company like GEICO or Allstate, while independent agents can provide price quotes for many different companies.
Third, compare the price quotes to the price on your current policy and see if you can save money. If you can save some money and buy the policy, make sure there is no lapse between the expiration of your current policy and the new one.
Fourth, provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your existing policy. Submit a completed policy application and payment for your new coverage. Once coverage is bound, place your new certificate verifying coverage in an accessible location in your vehicle.
One key aspect of rate comparisons is to try to compare identical deductibles and limits on every price quote and and to get price estimates from as many different insurance providers as possible. Doing this enables the most accurate price comparison and a complete price analysis.
Compare quotes for Sacramento Lincoln LS insurance
There are several ways to compare prices from insurance companies in your area. The easiest way to compare rates is simply to get online rate quotes.
Online shopping is fast and free, and it makes it obsolete to drive around to insurance agents' offices. Doing it all online eliminates the middleman unless you have a complicated situation and need the professional abilities of a local Sacramento agent. However, consumers can comparison shop your insurance online but buy the policy through an agent.
When quoting insurance, remember that more quotes increases your odds of finding the best price.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. If you want cheap car insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you compare several of them in order to find the most affordable rates.
Do you qualify for discounts on Lincoln LS insurance in Sacramento?
Companies that sell car insurance don't list all their discounts very clearly, so below is a list both the well known and the harder-to-find credits that you can use to lower your rates.
- Full Payment Discount - By making one initial payment instead of paying each month you may reduce your total bill.
- College Student Discount - Youth drivers who live away from home at college and don't have a car may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Passive Restraint Discount - Vehicles with factory air bags may get savings up to 30%.
- Low Mileage Discounts - Low annual miles can earn better car insurance rates on cars that stay parked.
- Drive Safe and Save - Insureds without accidents can get discounts for up to 45% lower rates than drivers with accident claims.
- Senior Citizens - Older drivers are able to get lower premium rates.
- Student Discounts - A discount for being a good student could provide a savings of up to 20% or more. You can use this discount normally up to age 25.
A little note about advertised discounts, some of the credits will not apply to the whole policy. Most only reduce the price of certain insurance coverages like liability and collision coverage. So even though it sounds like having all the discounts means you get insurance for free, it just doesn't work that way. Any qualifying discounts should definitely cut your policy cost.
A few of the larger companies and a summarized list of policyholder discounts are shown below.
- State Farm offers discounts for good student, safe vehicle, anti-theft, Drive Safe & Save, defensive driving training, and student away at school.
- GEICO includes discounts for driver training, emergency military deployment, good student, membership and employees, anti-theft, and five-year accident-free.
- Allstate offers discounts including good student, multi-policy, anti-theft, teenSMART discount, eSmart discount, and premier plus.
- SAFECO has discounts for anti-lock brakes, multi-car, teen safety rewards, homeowner, and safe driver.
- Farm Bureau discounts include good student, safe driver, 55 and retired, youthful driver, and multi-vehicle.
- Progressive policyholders can earn discounts including homeowner, multi-vehicle, good student, multi-policy, and online quote discount.
- AAA may include discounts for multi-policy, AAA membership discount, pay-in-full, education and occupation, good driver, and multi-car.
Double check with every insurance company which discounts you may be entitled to. A few discounts might not be offered on policies in every state. If you would like to view car insurance companies with discount rates in California, click this link.
Best reasons to buy car insurance in California
Despite the high cost, buying car insurance is required in California but also provides important benefits.
First, just about all states have compulsory liability insurance requirements which means state laws require specific minimum amounts of liability insurance coverage if you don't want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your vehicle, almost all lenders will make it mandatory that you have comprehensive coverage to guarantee payment of the loan. If coverage lapses or is canceled, the lender may have to buy a policy to insure your Lincoln at a much higher premium rate and force you to pay the higher price.
Third, car insurance protects both your assets and your Lincoln LS. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. Liability coverage, the one required by state law, will also pay attorney fees if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If mother nature or an accident damages your car, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of insuring your car are without a doubt worth the cost, especially if you ever need it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $850 per year so compare rates once a year at a minimum to ensure rates are inline.
Comparing prices from local Sacramento insurance agencies
Some people would prefer to talk to a local agent and often times that is recommended The biggest benefit of comparing car insurance online is that you can find cheap car insurance quotes and still have an agent to talk to. Buying insurance from local agencies is definitely important in Sacramento.
To make it easy to find an agent, after completing this quick form, your insurance coverage information gets sent to companies in Sacramento who want to provide quotes to get your business. You don't have to find an agent on your own because prices are sent to the email address you provide. You can find the lowest rates and an insurance agent to talk to. In the event you want to get a rate quote from a specific insurance company, just go to their quote page and submit a quote form there.
Selecting an insurer requires more thought than just the bottom line cost. Agents should be asked these questions:
- Does the agent recommend any additional coverage?
- Will the agent or a CSR service your policy?
- How would your car be valued if totaled?
- Do they specialize in personal lines auto insurance in Sacramento?
- Do they have any clout with companies to ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?