It’s shocking but most California insurance customers have stayed with the same insurance company for more than four years, and just under half have never compared rates with other companies. The average driver in the U.S. could save an average of nearly $850 each year, but they underestimate how much savings they would realize if they switched to a cheaper policy.
The best way we recommend to get the cheapest Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance is to compare prices at least once a year from different companies who provide auto insurance in Sacramento. Prices can be compared by following these steps.
Step 1: Get an understanding of what is in your policy and the things you can change to prevent expensive coverage. Many risk factors that drive up the price such as traffic citations and an unacceptable credit score can be eliminated by making minor changes to your lifestyle. Continue reading for information to prevent high rates and find possible discounts that are available.
Step 2: Quote rates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive and State Farm, while independent agents can provide prices for a wide range of companies.
Step 3: Compare the price quotes to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you can save money, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
Step 4: Tell your current company of your intention to cancel your current car insurance policy. Submit a down payment and signed policy application to the new insurer. Be sure to put the proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location.
A valuable tip to remember is to try to compare similar deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get price quotes from as many companies as you can. This enables a level playing field and many rates to choose from.
The purpose of this post is to help educate you on how insurance works and some tips to save money. If you are paying for car insurance now, you should be able to save money using the concepts you’re about to learn. Comparison shoppers just have to use the least time-consuming way to buy insurance from multiple carriers.
Companies offering Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in California
The car insurance companies shown below have been selected to offer quotes in Sacramento, CA. If you wish to find the cheapest auto insurance in Sacramento, CA, we suggest you visit two to three different companies to get the best price comparison.
Get cheaper rates by taking advantage of discounts
Companies offering auto insurance do not advertise the complete list of policy discounts in a way that’s easy to find, so here is a list some of the more common and also the lesser-known credits that may apply to you.
- Auto/Life Discount – Larger insurance companies have a discounted insurance rate on car insurance if you buy some life insurance in addition to your auto policy.
- Membership in Organizations – Belonging to certain professional organizations can get you a small discount on your policy.
- College Student – Children who attend college more than 100 miles from Sacramento and leave their car at home may be insured at a cheaper rate.
- Early Signing – A few larger companies offer discounts for switching policies before your current coverage expires. This can save 10% or more.
- Discounts for Federal Employees – Having worked for a branch of the government could cut as much as 10% off but check with your company.
- Payment Discounts – If you pay your entire premium ahead of time instead of making monthly payments you can actually save on your bill.
- One Accident Forgiven – Not a discount per se, but companies like Progressive, Allstate, and GEICO may permit one accident before your rates go up if you are claim-free for a certain period of time.
- Good Grades Discount – Excelling in school can get you a discount of up to 25%. Most companies allow this discount up to age 25.
- Multi-car Discount – Having multiple vehicles with the same insurance company can reduce the rates for all insured vehicles.
- Discounts for Responsible Drivers – Safe drivers can pay as much as 50% less compared to accident prone drivers.
It’s important to note that most discounts do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most only apply to individual premiums such as medical payments or collision. Just because it seems like all the discounts add up to a free policy, companies don’t profit that way.
Insurance companies who may offer these benefits include:
- Mercury Insurance
- Farmers Insurance
- Auto-Owners Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
If you need affordable Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance quotes, ask every prospective company the best way to save money. A few discounts may not apply to policies in your area. To see a list of companies that offer discounts in Sacramento, click here to view.
Smart Consumers Know How to Find Auto Insurance Cheaper
The best way to find cheaper auto insurance is to take a look at some of the factors that play a part in calculating the level of your policy premiums. If you have a feel for what impacts premium levels, this allows you to make good choices that will entitle you to lower rates. Lots of factors are taken into consideration when you get a price on insurance. Some are obvious like your driving record, but some are not as apparent like where you live or your commute time.
The following are some of the items companies use to determine prices.
- Rates can drop if you have more than one policy – Many companies provide a discount for people who buy several policies from them such as combining an auto and homeowners policy. If you currently are using one company, drivers will still want to get quotes from other companies to help guarantee you have the best rates. Drivers may still find better rates by buying from different companies
- Liability insurance is peace of mind – Liability coverage is the coverage that protects you in the event that you are ruled to be at fault for causing damage or personal injury in an accident. It will provide for a legal defense which can cost thousands of dollars. This coverage is very inexpensive when compared with rates for comp and collision, so drivers should make sure they buy enough to cover all assets.
- Stay claim-free and save money – Auto insurance companies in California award the best rates to policyholders who file claims infrequently. If you frequently file small claims, you can look forward to increased rates or even have your policy non-renewed. Your insurance policy is meant to be used in the event of claims that pose a financial burden.
- Your location is important – Living in smaller towns and rural areas of the country can be a good thing when trying to find low car insurance rates. Fewer drivers means reduced accidents. City drivers tend to have congested traffic and longer commute times. Longer commute distances statistically corresponds to a higher accident and claim rate.
- Safety first – Vehicles that have high safety ratings tend to have better insurance rates. Safer cars reduce occupant injuries and lower injury rates translates directly to fewer claims passed on to you as lower rates.
- Premiums are impacted by vehicle performance – The type of car you need insurance for makes a huge difference in your premium level. The lowest rates will generally be found on the lowest performance passenger vehicles, but there are many factors that impact the final cost.
Will just any policy work for me?
When it comes to choosing the best auto insurance coverage, there is no perfect coverage plan. Coverage needs to be tailored to your specific needs and your policy should reflect that.
For instance, these questions could help you determine whether you would benefit from an agent’s advice.
- Are split liability limits better than a combined single limit?
- Is pleasure use cheaper than using my Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG to commute?
- Do I need added coverage for expensive stereo equipment?
- Am I covered if I hit someone who is not insured?
- Am I covered if I break a side mirror?
- Why does it cost so much to insure a teen driver in Sacramento?
- Do I have coverage if my license is suspended?
- Is a blown tire covered by insurance?
- Can I drive in Mexico and have coverage?
If you don’t know the answers to these questions but you think they might apply to your situation, you might consider talking to a licensed agent. If you don’t have a local agent, take a second and complete this form or you can also visit this page to select a carrier It’s fast, doesn’t cost anything and you can get the answers you need.
You may want advice from an insurance agency
Some people would prefer to sit down with an agent and that is a smart decision Insurance agents are trained risk managers and give you someone to call. The best thing about getting free rate quotes online is that you can find the best rates and still have a local agent. Buying from small agencies is definitely important in Sacramento.
To help locate an agent, after submitting this simple form, the quote information is immediately sent to companies in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento auto insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for an agent because prices are sent to you instantly. If you want to compare prices from one company in particular, you can always jump over to their website and fill out their quote form.
Different types of Sacramento auto insurance agents
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it helps to know the two different types of agencies to choose from. Insurance agents in Sacramento can either be independent (non-exclusive) or exclusive. Either type can write insurance policies, but we need to point out why they differ since it can affect your agent selection.
Independent Insurance Agents (or Brokers)
Independent agents do not have single company limitations so they can quote policies with many different companies depending on which coverage is best. If prices rise, the agent simply finds a different carrier and the insured can keep the same agent. If you are trying to find cheaper rates, it’s a good idea to contact at least one independent agent to get the best comparison. Most also write with mutual insurance companies that many times have cheaper rates.
Featured below is a short list of independent insurance agents in Sacramento that can possibly get you comparison quotes.
- Skyles Insurance Agency
9840 Business Park Dr – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (888) 900-9989 – View Map
- Nationwide Insurance: Ham Insurance Agency Inc
2210 Del Paso Rd e – Sacramento, CA 95834 – (916) 419-8228 – View Map
- Bates Insurance Agency | Auto Insurance and Homeowners Insurance and Car Insurance
2306 J St – Sacramento, CA 95816 – (916) 251-3548 – View Map
Exclusive Insurance Agencies
Agents that choose to be exclusive work for only one company and examples are AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to compare other company’s rates so keep that in mind. Exclusive agencies are usually quite knowledgeable on what they offer and that enables them to sell even at higher rates. Some insured continue to purchase coverage from exclusives mainly due to the prominent brand name rather than low rates.
Below are Sacramento exclusive insurance agents that are able to give rate quotes.
- Greg Lauck – State Farm Insurance Agent
950 Fulton Ave #175 – Sacramento, CA 95825 – (916) 978-9110 – View Map
- Moira Little – State Farm Insurance Agent
9700 Business Park Dr #304 – Sacramento, CA 95827 – (916) 854-5985 – View Map
- Yeh Ferguson – State Farm Insurance Agent
7273 14th Ave Ste 100 – Sacramento, CA 95820 – (916) 455-5000 – View Map
Choosing an car insurance agent is decision based upon more than just a cheap quote. Here are some questions to ask:
- Do they make recommendations based only on price?
- Does the company have a local claim office in Sacramento?
- How much training do they have in personal risk management?
- Is the coverage adequate for your vehicle?
- What insurance companies do they recommend if they are an independent agent?
Which car insurance company is best in Sacramento?
Choosing a good quality auto insurance provider can be a challenge considering how many companies there are in Sacramento. The information below may help you decide which car insurance companies you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- The Hartford
- Mercury Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- American Family
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Value
- American Family
- The Hartford
- AAA of Southern California
- Titan Insurance
- The General
- AAA Insurance
- State Farm
- Mercury Insurance
You can lower your car insurance rates
We just showed you many tips how you can save on Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG insurance in Sacramento. The key concept to understand is the more price quotes you have, the higher your chance of finding cheaper Sacramento auto insurance quotes. Drivers may even discover the best prices are with an unexpected company. These companies may only write in your state and offer lower rates as compared to the big name companies such as Progressive and GEICO.
Lower-priced car insurance in Sacramento is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so get free Sacramento auto insurance quotes from both of them in order to have the best price selection to choose from. Some insurance companies don’t offer the ability to get quotes online and many times these small, regional companies work with local independent agents.
Helpful learning opportunities
- Event Data Recorders FAQ (iihs.org)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Car Insurance Quotes for Ride Shares? (FAQ)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has the Cheapest Auto Insurance Rates for a Nissan Altima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Quotes for a Subaru Outback in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Side airbags reduce rollover fatalities (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- What is a Telematics Device? (Allstate)
- Determining Auto Insurance Rates (GEICO)
- What is Covered by an Auto Insurance Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)