How many years has it been since you compared more affordable Saturn Astra insurance in Sacramento? Pricey insurance in Sacramento can bleed your bank account and maybe even restrict other spending. Performing a rate comparison can be a smart way to ensure you are getting the best deal.
It’s a known fact that car insurance companies want to keep you from shopping around. People who get comparison quotes once a year are highly likely to move their business because they have good chances of finding discount prices. A study showed that people who shopped around every year saved $70 a month as compared to drivers who don’t regularly compare prices.
If finding the cheapest price on insurance in Sacramento is your goal, then having a good understanding how to find and compare auto insurance can save time and money.
Because there are so many insurance companies to choose from, it is hard for the average consumer to pick the cheapest insurance company.
It’s smart to do price comparisons once or twice a year because insurance rates change regularly. Even if you think you had the best deal on Saturn Astra insurance in Sacramento six months ago you will most likely find a better price today. There is a lot of bad information regarding Astra insurance out there, but by reading this article, you’re going to learn some solid techniques on how to save money.
This article will instruct you on the best methods to compare rates and some tricks to saving. If you currently have a car insurance policy, you will most likely be able to get lower rates using the tips covered below. Nevertheless, California drivers must know how companies calculate their prices and apply this information to your search.
Affordable Sacramento insurance quotes with discounts
Insuring your fleet can be pricey, but companies offer discounts that could drop your premiums quite a bit. Certain discounts will be applied at the time you complete a quote, but a few must be inquired about before being credited. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Driver Training Discounts – Taking a course that instructs on driving safety can save you 5% or more and make you a better driver.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them with the same company you could earn a discount of approximately 10% to 15%.
- Lower Rates for Military – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Distant Student – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Sacramento and leave their car at home may be able to be covered for less.
- Discounts for Multiple Vehicles – Buying coverage for multiple cars or trucks with one company may reduce the rate for each vehicle.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most credits do not apply to all coverage premiums. Most cut the cost of specific coverages such as medical payments or collision. If you do the math and it seems like all those discounts means the company will pay you, nobody gets a free ride.
A few popular companies and some of the discounts are outlined below.
- 21st Century policyholders can earn discounts including driver training, automatic seat belts, 55 and older, defensive driver, teen driver, and anti-lock brakes.
- State Farm may have discounts that include multiple autos, multiple policy, student away at school, anti-theft, and good driver.
- AAA includes discounts for AAA membership discount, multi-policy, good driver, education and occupation, anti-theft, good student, and pay-in-full.
- Liberty Mutual may include discounts for newly retired, preferred payment discount, good student, multi-policy, new move discount, and teen driver discount.
- Progressive discounts include online quote discount, continuous coverage, online signing, multi-vehicle, multi-policy, and homeowner.
When quoting, ask every company which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be available to policyholders everywhere.
To get low cost Sacramento auto insurance quotes, there a variety of ways to compare quotes from lots of California auto insurance companies. The quickest method to find the cheapest insurance rates involves getting comparison quotes online.
Doing price comparisons online is so simple that it makes it a waste of time to drive around to local insurance agencies. Doing it all online reduces the need to sit down with an agent unless your situation requires the professional guidance of a licensed agent. Some companies do allow you to compare online quotes and have a local agent actually service the policy.
When quoting auto insurance, remember that comparing a large number of companies provides better odds of finding the best rates.
The following companies have been selected to offer comparison quotes in California. To buy cheaper auto insurance in California, it’s highly recommended you get price quotes from several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Do I need an agent?
Some consumers would rather buy from a licensed agent and that is a personal choice. The biggest benefit of comparing rates online is you may find better rates but also keep your business local. And providing support for local agencies is still important in Sacramento.
For easy comparison, once you complete this form (opens in new window), your insurance coverage information is transmitted to agents in your area that provide free Sacramento auto insurance quotes and help you find cheaper coverage. It simplifies rate comparisons since you won’t have to do any legwork because prices are sent straight to your inbox. You can most likely find cheaper rates AND a local agent. If you want to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Car insurance agents in Sacramento come in two varieties
If you are searching for a reputable insurance agent or broker, it’s helpful to know the different types of agencies and how they function. Car insurance agents in Sacramento can be classified as either independent or exclusive.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
Independent insurance agents do not have single company limitations and that gives them the ability to insure with any number of different companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, the business is moved internally and that require little work on your part.
When comparing car insurance rates, you need to compare prices from at least one independent agent for maximum quote selection.
Listed below is a list of independent insurance agencies in Sacramento that may be able to give you competitive price quotes.
Agents of this type can only provide pricing for a single company and examples are American Family, State Farm, and AAA. They are unable to provide prices from multiple companies so they have no alternatives for high prices. Exclusive agents are usually well trained on what they offer and that can be a competitive advantage.
Below are Sacramento exclusive insurance agents that are able to give price quote information.
Travis Beyer – State Farm Insurance Agent
2455 Jefferson Blvd #115 – West Sacramento, CA 95691 – (916) 375-0144 – View Map
Choosing a car insurance agent should include more criteria than just a cheap price quote. These are valid questions to ask:
- If they are an independent agency in Sacramento, which companies do they recommend?
- How long has the business existed?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Does the agency have a good rating with the Better Business Bureau?
- Is there any savings for paying the full premium?
Three reasons to not skimp on auto insurance
Even though it’s not necessarily cheap to insure a Saturn in Sacramento, auto insurance may be required for several reasons.
- Just about all states have minimum liability requirements which means it is punishable by state law to not carry specific limits of liability insurance if you don’t want to risk a ticket. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
- If you have a loan on your Saturn Astra, almost all lenders will make it a condition of the loan that you have insurance to guarantee loan repayment. If you do not pay your insurance premiums, the bank or lender will purchase a policy for your Saturn at a more expensive rate and force you to reimburse them much more than you were paying before.
- Auto insurance preserves both your car and your assets. It will also provide coverage for medical bills for you, your passengers, and anyone else injured in an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if anyone sues you for causing an accident. If your Saturn gets damaged, collision and comprehensive (also known as other-than-collision) coverage will pay to restore your vehicle to like-new condition.
The benefits of insuring your Astra more than cancel out the cost, especially when you need to use it. An average driver in America is currently overpaying as much as $820 a year so it’s recommended you shop around at least once a year to save money.
Car insurance coverage options for a Saturn Astra
Knowing the specifics of your car insurance policy aids in choosing the best coverages at the best deductibles and correct limits. The coverage terms in a policy can be confusing and reading a policy is terribly boring. Shown next are the usual coverages available from car insurance companies.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This gives you protection from other drivers when they either are underinsured or have no liability coverage at all. It can pay for injuries to you and your family as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (California limits are 15/30/5), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. That’s why carrying high Uninsured/Underinsured Motorist coverage should not be overlooked. Normally your uninsured/underinsured motorist coverages are similar to your liability insurance amounts.
Liability insurance – Liability insurance will cover damage or injury you incur to other people or property. This coverage protects you against claims from other people, and doesn’t cover damage to your own property or vehicle.
Split limit liability has three limits of coverage: bodily injury for each person, bodily injury for the entire accident, and a limit for property damage. As an example, you may have liability limits of 15/30/5 that means you have $15,000 in coverage for each person’s injuries, a limit of $30,000 in injury protection per accident, and property damage coverage for $5,000. Another option is a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount without having the split limit caps.
Liability insurance covers things such as medical services, medical expenses, court costs, emergency aid and repair costs for stationary objects. How much liability coverage do you need? That is up to you, but buy as high a limit as you can afford. California requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but it’s recommended drivers buy better liability coverage.
The illustration below shows why buying the state minimum limits may not be high enough to cover claims.
Comprehensive car insurance – This covers damage from a wide range of events other than collision. You need to pay your deductible first and the remainder of the damage will be paid by comprehensive coverage.
Comprehensive can pay for claims such as a tree branch falling on your vehicle, damage from a tornado or hurricane, hail damage, rock chips in glass and fire damage. The highest amount a car insurance company will pay at claim time is the ACV or actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for medical expenses – Med pay and PIP coverage reimburse you for bills such as chiropractic care, dental work and X-ray expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance program or if you do not have health coverage. Medical payments and PIP cover both the driver and occupants as well as getting struck while a pedestrian. Personal injury protection coverage is not available in all states but can be used in place of medical payments coverage
Collision coverage – Collision coverage covers damage to your Astra resulting from a collision with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible then your collision coverage will kick in.
Collision insurance covers things such as sustaining damage from a pot hole, rolling your car, backing into a parked car, damaging your car on a curb and scraping a guard rail. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so consider removing coverage from vehicles that are 8 years or older. Drivers also have the option to increase the deductible on your Astra in order to get cheaper collision rates.
More comparisons equals cheaper rates
You just learned many ideas to lower your Saturn Astra insurance prices in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more rate comparisons you have, the better likelihood of getting affordable Saturn Astra insurance quotes. You may even find the lowest priced auto insurance comes from a small mutual company. They may only write in your state and offer lower rates than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm, GEICO and Nationwide.
While you’re price shopping online, it’s very important that you do not sacrifice coverage to reduce premiums. In too many instances, an accident victim reduced comprehensive coverage or liability limits only to discover later that they should have had better coverage. Your goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage at the lowest possible cost, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
Some companies may not offer rate quotes online and many times these regional carriers provide coverage only through independent agents. Lower-priced auto insurance in Sacramento is attainable on the web in addition to local insurance agencies, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best rate selection.
How to buy low-cost Saturn Astra insurance in Sacramento
If you want to save the most money, the best way to get affordable Saturn Astra insurance is to do a yearly price comparison from insurance carriers in Sacramento.
Step 1: It will benefit you to learn about coverages and the measures you can take to keep rates in check. Many risk factors that result in higher rates like tickets, at-fault accidents, and a lousy credit rating can be eliminated by making lifestyle changes or driving safer.
Step 2: Compare price quotes from direct carriers, independent agents, and exclusive agents. Direct and exclusive agents can only give rate quotes from a single company like Progressive or State Farm, while independent agencies can quote prices from many different companies. Compare rates
Step 3: Compare the new rates to the price on your current policy to see if a cheaper rate is available. If you find better rates, make sure there is no coverage gap between policies.
One thing to point out is that you’ll want to compare identical coverage information on every quote and to quote with every insurance company. This provides a fair rate comparison and maximum price selection.
Much more information about auto insurance in California can be found below:
- New vehicle ratings focus on headlights (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Who Has Cheap Sacramento Car Insurance for a Chevrolet Silverado? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance Rates for Teenagers? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Nissan Rogue? (FAQ)
- What Auto Insurance is Cheapest for Drivers with Accidents in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Insurance is Cheapest for a 20 Year Old Male in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for Teenage Females in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for a Chevrolet Malibu? (FAQ)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Auto Insurance Basics (Insurance Information Institute)
- When is the Right Time to Switch Car Insurance Companies? (Allstate)
- Smart Auto Insurance Tips (Insurance Information Institute)