It’s hard to believe, but the vast majority of insurance customers kept their policy with the same company for a minimum of four years, and just short of a majority have never quoted insurance rates at all. With the average premium in California being $1,390, drivers can save hundreds of dollars each year by just comparing rate quotes, but they think it’s difficult to find cheap insurance by shopping around.
It takes a little time, but the best way to save on car insurance rates is to make a habit of comparing prices annually from insurance carriers who provide car insurance in Sacramento.
- Read about policy coverages and the changes you can make to prevent expensive coverage. Many things that cause rate increases like accidents, traffic tickets, and a not-so-good credit history can be improved by making minor changes to your lifestyle.
- Request rate estimates from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can give quotes from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while agents who are independent can give you price quotes from many different companies. Find a Sacramento insurance agent
- Compare the quotes to your current policy premium and determine if there is any savings. If you find a lower rate and switch companies, ensure coverage does not lapse between policies.
- Provide proper notification to your current company to cancel your current auto insurance policy. Submit the application along with any required down payment to the new insurer. Once the application is submitted, store the certificate verifying proof of insurance somewhere easily accessible.
A good tip to remember is to make sure you enter similar deductibles and liability limits on each price quote and and to compare every insurance company. Doing this guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a complete rate analysis.
Cheapest auto insurance in Sacramento, CA
The following companies have been selected to offer price comparisons in Sacramento, CA. To find cheap car insurance in Sacramento, CA, it’s highly recommended you get rates from several of them in order to find the cheapest rates.
Insurance coverage details
The coverage information shown next outlines different insurance policy prices for Mazda CX-7 models. Learning a little about how insurance prices are determined can be valuable when making informed decisions when comparing rates.
|Model||Comp||Collision||Liability||Medical||UM/UIM||Annual Premium||Monthly Premium|
|CX-7 SV 2WD||$192||$332||$456||$26||$136||$1,142||$95|
|CX-7 Sport 2WD||$216||$332||$456||$26||$136||$1,166||$97|
|CX-7 Touring 2WD||$216||$332||$456||$26||$136||$1,166||$97|
|CX-7 Touring 4WD||$216||$392||$456||$26||$136||$1,226||$102|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 2WD||$242||$392||$456||$26||$136||$1,252||$104|
|CX-7 Grand Touring 4WD||$242||$392||$456||$26||$136||$1,252||$104|
|Get Your Own Custom Quote Go|
Data variables include married male driver age 40, no speeding tickets, no at-fault accidents, $1000 deductibles, and California minimum liability limits. Discounts applied include multi-vehicle, safe-driver, homeowner, claim-free, and multi-policy. Rate quotes do not factor in garaging location in Sacramento which can modify premium rates considerably.
Mazda CX-7 insurance premiums by gender in Sacramento
The diagram below shows the difference between Mazda CX-7 auto insurance costs for male and female drivers. The rate quotes are based on no accidents or driving violations, comprehensive and collision coverage, $250 deductibles, single status, and no discounts are taken into consideration.
Comparison of full coverage and liability-only policies
The example below shows the comparison of Mazda CX-7 insurance rates with and without full coverage. The data assumes no claims or driving violations, $500 deductibles, single marital status, and no discounts are factored in.
Should you pay for full coverage?
There is no clear-cut formula to stop buying physical damage coverage, but there is a general guideline you can use. If the annual cost of coverage is more than around 10% of the replacement cost minus the deductible, then you may need to consider dropping full coverage.
For example, let’s pretend your Mazda CX-7 claim settlement value is $5,000 and you have $1,000 full coverage deductibles. If your vehicle is totaled, the most your company will settle for is $4,000 after paying the physical damage deductible. If it’s costing in excess of $400 a year for comprehensive and collision coverage, the it may be a good time to stop paying for full coverage.
There are a few situations where eliminating full coverage is not a good idea. If you still owe a portion of the original loan, you are required to maintain full coverage in order to keep the loan. Also, if you don’t have enough money to buy a different vehicle in the event your current vehicle is totaled, you should keep full coverage on your policy.
Take these nine policy discounts and save on Mazda CX-7 insurance in Sacramento
The cost of insuring your cars can be expensive, but there are discounts available that you may not even be aware of. Larger premium reductions will be automatically applied at the time of quoting, but less common discounts must be inquired about before they will apply.
- First Accident Forgiveness – This one is not really a discount per se, but some companies like State Farm and GEICO will allow you to have one accident before they charge you more for coverage if you are claim-free prior to the accident.
- Renewal Discounts – Some companies give discounts for switching companies early. It’s a savings of about 10%.
- Include Life Insurance and Save – Some insurance carriers give better rates if you take out some life insurance too.
- Pay Now and Pay Less – By making one initial payment rather than paying monthly you could save 5% or more.
- Good Grades Discount – Performing well in school can earn a discount of 20% or more. Earning this discount can benefit you until age 25.
- Defensive Driver – Successfully completing a course teaching safe driver skills could cut 5% off your bill and make you a better driver.
- Multi-car Discount – Purchasing coverage when you have multiple cars or trucks with one company can reduce rates for all insured vehicles.
- ABS Brakes – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles can reduce accidents and qualify for as much as a 10% discount.
- E-sign – Certain larger companies may give you up to $50 for buying your policy on the web.
One thing to note about discounts is that most credits do not apply to the entire cost. The majority will only reduce specific coverage prices like liability, collision or medical payments. Even though the math looks like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, that’s just not realistic.
The information below shows the difference between Mazda CX-7 premium costs with and without discounts being applied to the rates. The prices are based on a female driver, no tickets, no at-fault accidents, California state minimum liability limits, comprehensive and collision coverage, and $250 deductibles. The first bar for each age group shows premium with no discounts. The second shows the rates with multi-car, multi-policy, homeowner, claim-free, safe-driver, and marriage discounts applied.
A partial list of companies that may offer quotes with some of the above discounts include:
If you need cheaper Sacramento car insurance quotes, ask each company or agent which discounts can lower your rates. All car insurance discounts might not be offered on policies in Sacramento. To choose insurance companies that offer discounts in Sacramento, click this link.
Buying from car insurance agents
Some consumers still prefer to buy from a local agent and that is just fine! Professional insurance agents can make sure you are properly covered and give you someone to call. One of the benefits of getting free rate quotes online is the fact that drivers can get cheap car insurance rates and also buy local. Buying from neighborhood insurance agencies is still important in Sacramento.
For easy comparison, once you complete this simple form, your insurance data is emailed to companies in Sacramento that can give you free Sacramento car insurance quotes for your insurance coverage. You don’t have to search for any insurance agencies because prices are sent straight to your inbox. If you have a need to get a comparison quote from a specific insurance company, you can always go to their quote page and fill out the quote form the provide.
Selecting an provider requires more thought than just a low price. Any agent in Sacramento should be forthright in answering these questions:
- If they are an independent agency in Sacramento, which companies do they recommend?
- Are there any hidden costs in their price quote and does it include driving and credit history?
- Do they have 24-hour customer assistance?
- Will their companies depreciate repairs to your car based on the mileage?
- Does the agent have professional designations like CIC, CPCU or AIC?
Educate yourself about insurance coverages
Learning about specific coverages of a insurance policy helps when choosing appropriate coverage and proper limits and deductibles. The terms used in a policy can be impossible to understand and coverage can change by endorsement.
Collision coverage – This pays to fix your vehicle from damage from colliding with another car or object. You first must pay a deductible and the rest of the damage will be paid by collision coverage.
Collision insurance covers claims such as crashing into a building, colliding with another moving vehicle, scraping a guard rail and rolling your car. Paying for collision coverage can be pricey, so you might think about dropping it from older vehicles. It’s also possible to bump up the deductible on your CX-7 in order to get cheaper collision rates.
Comprehensive insurance – Comprehensive insurance pays to fix your vehicle from damage caused by mother nature, theft, vandalism and other events. You need to pay your deductible first then your comprehensive coverage will pay.
Comprehensive can pay for things such as damage from a tornado or hurricane, theft and fire damage. The most you’ll receive from a claim is the actual cash value, so if the vehicle is not worth much consider dropping full coverage.
Coverage for uninsured or underinsured drivers – This gives you protection from other motorists when they either have no liability insurance or not enough. Covered losses include hospital bills for your injuries as well as your vehicle’s damage.
Due to the fact that many California drivers have only the minimum liability required by law (15/30/5 in California), it doesn’t take a major accident to exceed their coverage limits. This is the reason having UM/UIM coverage is important protection for you and your family. Frequently the UM/UIM limits are set the same as your liability limits.
Coverage for medical expenses – Personal Injury Protection (PIP) and medical payments coverage reimburse you for bills for ambulance fees, doctor visits, surgery, X-ray expenses and EMT expenses. The coverages can be utilized in addition to your health insurance policy or if you do not have health coverage. They cover both the driver and occupants as well as being hit by a car walking across the street. Personal Injury Protection is not an option in every state and may carry a deductible
Liability – This coverage can cover damages or injuries you inflict on other’s property or people that is your fault. Liability coverage has three limits: bodily injury for each person injured, bodily injury for the entire accident and a property damage limit. As an example, you may have limits of 15/30/5 that translate to a limit of $15,000 per injured person, $30,000 for the entire accident, and $5,000 of coverage for damaged property. Alternatively, you may have a combined single limit or CSL which combines the three limits into one amount and claims can be made without the split limit restrictions.
Liability coverage protects against things such as structural damage, pain and suffering, medical services and court costs. How much liability should you purchase? That is your choice, but it’s cheap coverage so purchase as high a limit as you can afford. California state law requires minimum liability limits of 15/30/5 but you should think about purchasing higher limits.
The next chart demonstrates why minimum state limits may not be enough coverage.
Affordable car insurance is out there
We just covered a lot of techniques to lower your Mazda CX-7 insurance premium rates in Sacramento. The most important thing to understand is the more times you quote, the better likelihood of getting inexpensive Sacramento car insurance quotes. Consumers could even find that the best premium rates are with an unexpected company.
As you quote Sacramento car insurance, don’t be tempted to reduce needed coverages to save money. In too many instances, an insured cut uninsured motorist or liability limits and found out when filing a claim that their decision to reduce coverage ended up costing them more. The aim is to find the BEST coverage at an affordable rate and still be able to protect your assets.
Budget-friendly car insurance in Sacramento is attainable from both online companies as well as from insurance agents, so you need to quote Sacramento car insurance with both to have the best selection. Some car insurance companies may not have internet price quotes and most of the time these smaller companies work with independent insurance agencies.
Even more information is available by following these links:
- Rental Reimbursement Coverage (Allstate)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Ford F-150 in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- How Much is Sacramento Auto Insurance for Drivers Over Age 50? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Insurance losses by make and model (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Warning systems don’t curb driver distraction (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Collision Insurance Coverage (Nationwide)
- How do I File a Claim? (Insurance Information Institute)