If you want to save money, the best way to get affordable car insurance rates is to do a yearly price comparison from insurers who provide auto insurance in Sacramento.
- Spend some time learning about coverages and the measures you can take to drop your rates. Many rating criteria that are responsible for high rates such as speeding tickets, accidents and an imperfect credit history can be controlled by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
- Request price quotes from direct, independent, and exclusive agents. Exclusive and direct companies can give quotes from one company like Progressive or Farmers Insurance, while independent agents can quote prices from multiple companies.
- Compare the new rates to your existing coverage to see if you can save by switching companies. If you find a better price and switch companies, make sure coverage is continuous and does not lapse.
- Tell your current agent or company to cancel your current car insurance policy and submit a down payment along with a completed application to the new insurer. As soon as you have the new policy, place your new proof of insurance paperwork in an easily accessible location in your vehicle.
One important bit of advice is that you use similar coverage information on each quote and and to get price estimates from as many car insurance companies as possible. Doing this guarantees a level playing field and the best price selection.
Inconceivable but true, the majority of drivers have bought car insurance from the same company for four years or more, and almost half have never even shopped around for cheap coverage. Sacramento insurance shoppers can cut their rates by as much as $500 a year just by shopping around, but they don’t understand how simple it is to compare rate quotes online.
The providers in the list below have been selected to offer free rate quotes in Sacramento, CA. If your goal is to find the best cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, we recommend you visit two to three different companies to get the cheapest price.
Why you need auto insurance
Even though it can be expensive, auto insurance serves an important purpose.
First, the majority of states have mandatory insurance requirements which means you are required to carry a specific minimum amount of liability insurance in order to drive the car. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if you took out a loan on your car, most lenders will require that you have full coverage to ensure the loan is repaid in case of a total loss. If you do not keep the policy in force, the lender will be forced to insure your Volvo for a lot more money and require you to fork over for the much more expensive policy.
Third, insurance safeguards both your Volvo and your personal assets. Insurance will pay for hospital and medical expenses for both you and anyone you injure as the result of an accident. One policy coverage, liability insurance, will also pay to defend you if you cause an accident and are sued. If you receive damage to your vehicle caused by a storm or accident, collision and comprehensive coverages will pay to have it repaired.
The benefits of buying enough insurance definitely exceed the cost, especially with large liability claims. Today the average American driver is overpaying over $869 every year so compare rate quotes each time the policy renews to ensure rates are inline.
Discounts can help lower rates on Volvo V60 insurance in Sacramento
Buying auto insurance is not cheap, but companies offer discounts to cut the cost considerably. Many discounts should be triggered at the time of quoting, but once in a while a discount must be manually applied in order for you to get them. If you aren’t receiving every discount you deserve, it’s possible you qualify for a lower rate.
- Bundle and Save – When you combine your homeowners and auto insurance with the same company you may earn as much as 10 to 15 percent.
- Seat Belts Save more than Lives – Using a seat belt and requiring all passengers to use their safety belts can save up to 15% on medical payment and PIP coverage.
- Student in College – Any of your kids who attend college more than 100 miles from Sacramento and leave their car at home could qualify for this discount.
- Save over 55 – Drivers over the age of 55 could receive a discount up to 10%.
- Passenger Safety Discount – Options like air bags or motorized seat belts could see savings of 25 to 30%.
Discounts save money, but please remember that most discount credits are not given to the whole policy. Most only reduce specific coverage prices like comp or med pay. So even though it sounds like you could get a free auto insurance policy, that’s just not realistic.
A few companies who may offer these discounts include:
Check with all the companies which discounts you qualify for. Some credits may not apply in Sacramento. To see insurers who offer online Volvo V60 insurance quotes in California, follow this link.
Local Sacramento insurance agents and car insurance
Many drivers still like to buy from a local agent and we recommend doing that Licensed agents can answer important questions and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of comparing rate quotes online is that drivers can save money and get cheap rate quotes but still work with a licensed agent.
After filling out this simple form, your insurance data is transmitted to agents in your area who can give free rate quotes for your insurance coverage. There is no need to drive around as quotes are delivered instantly to you. If you wish to get a rate quote for a specific company, you just need to go to their quote page and give them your coverage information.
Finding the right provider is decision based upon more than just the price. These questions are important to ask:
- Do they reduce claim amounts on high mileage vehicles?
- If your car is in the repair shop, do you have coverage for a rental car?
- Is every driver in your family covered?
- How long have they worked with personal auto insurance coverage?
- Which insurance company do they prefer to write with?
- Do they have adequate Errors and Omissions coverage? This protects you if they make a mistake.
- Can they help ensure a fair claim settlement?
- Will you work with the agent or an assistant?
If you want a local insurance agency, there are a couple of different agency structures and how they work. Insurance agencies in Sacramento are considered either independent or exclusive depending on the company they work for. Both types of agents can insure your vehicles properly, but it’s a good idea to understand the difference between them because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive Car Insurance Agencies
These agents can only provide one company’s prices like AAA, Allstate, State Farm, or Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents are unable to provide rate quotes from other companies so they really need to provide good service. Exclusive agents are well schooled on their company’s products which helps them compete with independent agents.
Listed below is a short list of exclusive agents in Sacramento who may provide you with comparison quotes.
Independent Car Insurance Agents
These agents are not locked into one company and that enables them to quote your coverage amongst many companies and find the cheapest rate. To move your coverage to a new company, they simply move your policy to a different company and you don’t have to find a new agent.
If you are comparing rate quotes, you should always include multiple independent agents in order to have the best price comparison.
Below is a short list of independent agents in Sacramento willing to provide comparison quotes.
More quotes mean more insurance savings
As you shop your coverage around, you should never skimp on coverage in order to save money. In many instances, drivers have reduced liability limits or collision coverage only to regret at claim time that they should have had better coverage. The goal is to buy a smart amount of coverage for the lowest price, but don’t skip important coverages to save money.
We just covered many tips how you can lower your Volvo V60 insurance car insurance rates in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more providers you compare, the better your chances of lowering your premium rates. Consumers could even find that the lowest car insurance rates come from a smaller regional carrier. Some small companies often have lower premium rates on specific markets than the large multi-state companies such as State Farm or Progressive.
- Dangers of fake or stolen airbags (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much is Sacramento Car Insurance for a Jeep Wrangler? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Sacramento Auto Insurance for Seniors? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Auto Insurance for Teen Drivers (Insurance Information Institute)
- Car Insurance for Teen Drivers with Divorced Parents (Allstate)