The best way to quote cheaper auto insurance rates in Sacramento is to start comparing prices yearly from companies who provide car insurance in California. Drivers can shop around by following these steps.
Step 1: Take a few minutes and learn about how insurance companies determine prices and the steps you can take to keep rates low. Many rating criteria that result in higher prices like traffic violations and a lousy credit rating can be remedied by making minor driving habit or lifestyle changes.
Step 2: Compare prices from independent agents, exclusive agents, and direct companies. Direct companies and exclusive agencies can only give prices from one company like GEICO or State Farm, while independent agents can provide rate quotes from multiple sources.
Step 3: Compare the quotes to your existing policy and determine if cheaper Golf SportWagen coverage is available. If you find a lower rate quote, make sure there is no lapse in coverage.
An important note is to use the same physical damage deductibles and liability limits on every price quote and and to get rate quotes from as many different companies as possible. This guarantees an apples-to-apples comparison and a thorough price selection.
Smart shoppers know that auto insurance companies want to keep your business as long as possible. Insureds who compare other prices will most likely switch auto insurance companies because they have good chances of finding good coverage at a lower price. A recent survey revealed that drivers who compared rates annually saved $850 each year compared to people who never shopped around for lower prices.
If saving money on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Sacramento is the reason for your visit, learning how to find and compare insurance can save time, money, and frustration.
If you are insured now or need a new policy, use these tips to cut your premiums without reducing coverage. Finding the cheapest coverage in Sacramento is not that difficult. You just have to know the proper way to compare price quotes on the web.
The companies shown below are ready to provide free quotes in Sacramento, CA. To locate cheap auto insurance in Sacramento, CA, we suggest you compare several of them in order to get a fair rate comparison.
Get cheaper Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance rates in Sacramento
Auto insurance is not cheap nor is it fun to buy but there are discounts available that many people don’t even know exist. Some discounts apply automatically when you purchase, but some must be requested specifically before you get the savings.
- Low Mileage Discounts – Fewer annual miles on your Volkswagen may enable drivers to earn lower rates on the low mileage vehicles.
- Military Deployment Discount – Having an actively deployed family member may qualify for rate reductions.
- Auto/Home Discount – If you can combine your homeowners and auto policy and insure them both with the same insurance company you may save over 10 percent off each policy depending on the company.
- ABS Braking Discount – Anti-lock brake equipped vehicles are much safer to drive and will save you 10% or more on Golf SportWagen insurance in Sacramento.
- Early Payment Discounts – If you can afford to pay the entire bill instead of monthly or quarterly installments you can avoid monthly service charges.
As a disclaimer on discounts, most discount credits are not given to the entire policy premium. Most only cut specific coverage prices like liability and collision coverage. So even though they make it sound like you would end up receiving a 100% discount, it’s just not the way it works.
Large auto insurance companies and some of the discounts can be read below.
- Progressive discounts include multi-vehicle, multi-policy, homeowner, online signing, good student, continuous coverage, and online quote discount.
- AAA includes discounts for pay-in-full, anti-theft, education and occupation, good student, multi-policy, multi-car, and AAA membership discount.
- Farmers Insurance offers discounts including youthful driver, pay in full, early shopping, good student, electronic funds transfer, switch companies, and distant student.
- GEICO may offer discounts for federal employee, membership and employees, good student, seat belt use, anti-lock brakes, emergency military deployment, and daytime running lights.
- Esurance offers discounts for anti-lock brakes, good student, paid-in-full, multi-car, and defensive driver.
- SAFECO offers premium reductions for safe driver, multi-car, accident prevention training, teen safe driver, drive less, teen safety rewards, and homeowner.
- State Farm may have discounts that include good student, Drive Safe & Save, Steer Clear safe driver discount, anti-theft, and defensive driving training.
If you need lower rates, check with each company or agent how you can save money. Depending on the company, some discounts may not be available in Sacramento. If you would like to choose from a list of companies with significant discounts in Sacramento, click here to view.
Insurance agents near you
Certain consumers still prefer to have an agent’s advice and we recommend doing that Professional agents can help you build your policy and give you someone to call. The biggest benefit of getting online price quotes is the fact that you can find lower rates and still choose a local agent.
To find an agent, once you fill out this form (opens in new window), your information is instantly submitted to agents in your area who will return price quotes to get your business. There is no need to leave your computer as quotes are delivered to you directly. If you wish to compare prices from a specific insurance provider, you just need to find their quoting web page and complete a quote there.
Choosing the best insurer requires more thought than just the quoted price. These questions are important to ask:
- Will your rates increase after a single accident?
- How many companies do they write for?
- Does the agency provide any after hours assistance?
- Are aftermarket or OEM parts used to repair vehicles?
- Do they offer rental car reimbursement?
- When do they do a full risk review?
- Is the agent CPCU or CIC certified?
- Does the agency support the community they serve?
If you want to buy insurance from a local Sacramento insurance agency, you must know there are a couple different types of agents and how they can write your policy. Agents in Sacramento may be either independent or exclusive. Both sell affordable insurance policies, but it is a good idea to know how they are different because it may have an impact on which agent you choose.
Exclusive insurance agents can only write with one company like Allstate, State Farm and Farmers Insurance. Exclusive agents cannot compare other company’s rates so you might not find the best rates. Exclusive agencies are very knowledgeable on their products and sales techniques which helps overcome the inability to quote other rates.
Below is a short list of exclusive agents in Sacramento that are able to give price quote information.
Agents that elect to be independent are not employed by one company and that is an advantage because they can write policies with an assortment of companies and find you the best rates. If they quote lower rates, your agent can just switch to a different company and you won’t have to switch agencies. If you need lower rates, you absolutely need to include independent agents to have the most options to choose from.
Listed below are Sacramento independent agents that can give you price quote information.
Nationwide Insurance: Greg Comia Insurance Agency Inc
7500 Elsie Ave Ste 106 – Sacramento, CA 95828 – (916) 682-6053 – View Map
Six factors that impact insurance prices
When buying insurance it’s important to understand a few of the rating criteria that are used to determine the rates you pay for insurance. If you understand what positively or negatively impacts your premiums, this empowers consumers to make smart changes that may result in big savings. Lots of things are used when you quote your car insurance policy. Some factors are common sense such as your driving history, but other criteria are not as apparent like your vehicle usage or your vehicle rating.
- Always have insurance – Not having insurance is illegal and as a result your rates will increase for letting your insurance coverage expire. In addition to paying higher rates, the inability to provide proof of insurance might get you a revoked license or a big fine. You may then have to file a SR-22 with the California motor vehicle department.
- Eliminate extra coverages – There are a lot of extra coverages that may not really be needed if you aren’t careful. Insurance for things like rental car reimbursement, accident forgiveness, and extra life insurance coverage are examples of these. These coverages may sound good at first, but if they’re wasting money remove them and pocket the money.
- Location can influence price – Choosing to live in smaller towns and rural areas of the country has definite advantages when trying to find low car insurance rates. Less people living in that area means reduced accidents in addition to lower liability claims. Urban drivers tend to have more road rage incidents and longer commute times. More time commuting means more chance of being in an accident.
- More than one policy can earn a discount – Most larger insurers will give discounts to customers who have multiple policies with them. It’s known as a multi-policy discount. Even if you’re getting this discount it’s still a good idea to shop around to make sure you are getting the best deal. You may still be able to save money by buying insurance from a different company.
- Cheaper to insure women? – The statistics show that females tend to be a little less risky than males. However, don’t assume that women are BETTER drivers than men. Men and women are responsible for fender benders in similar percentages, but the males cause more damage and cost insurance companies more money. Not only that, but men also have more aggressive citations like driving under the influence (DUI). Males from age 16 to 21 are several times more likely to be in an accident and thus pay the highest rates.
- Small claims can cost you – If you frequently file small claims, you can expect either a policy non-renewal or much higher rates. Companies in California give better rates to drivers who do not file claims often. Your insurance policy is intended for major claims that would cause financial hardship.
Insurance is not optional but you don’t have to overpay
Despite the potentially high cost of Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance, buying insurance is most likely required but also gives you several important benefits.
First, just about all states have minimum mandated liability insurance limits which means state laws require a specific level of liability insurance if you drive a vehicle. In California these limits are 15/30/5 which means you must have $15,000 of bodily injury coverage per person, $30,000 of bodily injury coverage per accident, and $5,000 of property damage coverage.
Second, if your car has a loan, it’s most likely the lender will have a requirement that you have insurance to ensure loan repayment if the vehicle is totaled. If you default on your policy, the bank will be required to insure your Volkswagen for a much higher rate and force you to reimburse them for it.
Third, insurance protects both your assets and your vehicle. Insurance will pay for all forms of medical expenses that are the result of an accident. One of the most valuable coverages, liability insurance, will also pay for a defense attorney if someone files suit against you as the result of an accident. If your car is damaged in a storm or accident, comprehensive (other-than-collision) and collision coverage will cover the repair costs.
The benefits of carrying enough insurance more than cancel out the cost, especially for larger claims. The average driver in America overpays more than $810 a year so we recommend shopping around each time the policy renews to save money.
Ratings for Sacramento car insurance companies
Finding a good quality car insurance company can be difficult considering how many different insurance companies sell coverage in California. The company ratings displayed below could help you decide which insurers you want to consider comparing price quotes from.
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Customer Satisfaction
- Titan Insurance – 95%
- USAA – 94%
- AAA of Southern California – 92%
- AAA Insurance – 91%
- Nationwide – 90%
- State Farm – 90%
- The Hartford – 89%
- GEICO – 89%
- The General – 88%
- 21st Century – 88%
Top 10 Sacramento Car Insurance Companies Ranked by Claims Service
- AAA of Southern California
- State Farm
- AAA Insurance
- Liberty Mutual
- Titan Insurance
- The Hartford
Smart shoppers get results
Cheap Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Sacramento can be purchased on the web in addition to many Sacramento insurance agents, so you should be comparing quotes from both to have the best chance of lowering rates. A few companies do not offer online quoting and usually these small, regional companies work with independent insurance agents.
We just covered many ideas to get a better price on Volkswagen Golf SportWagen insurance in Sacramento. It’s most important to understand that the more quotes you get, the better chance you’ll have of finding affordable Sacramento car insurance quotes. You may even discover the most savings is with the smaller companies. They can often insure niche markets at a lower cost than the large multi-state companies such as Progressive or GEICO.
- Hybrid vehicles cost insurers more (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- How Much are Sacramento Car Insurance Rates for Used Cars? (FAQ)
- Who Has Cheap Car Insurance Rates for Good Drivers in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Who Has Affordable Car Insurance Rates for a Dodge Journey in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- What Car Insurance is Cheapest for a Kia Optima in Sacramento? (FAQ)
- Should I Purchase an Umbrella Liability Policy? (Insurance Information Institute)
- Rollover Crash FAQ (iihs.org)
- Front crash protection reduces rear-end crashes (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)
- Self-driving cars won’t replace humans (Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)